2024 Mississippi River Rendezvous Sept 27-29 - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2024, 08:45 AM   #61

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21, previous 93 19 ft Bigfoot
A site opened up and we snagged it. Yay! David and Susan Lorenzen will be in PMAN 59.
revdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2024, 11:29 AM   #62

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0
Flooding?

We're up in St Paul looking at major flooding with the Mississippi set to crest this weekend. And we're waiting patiently for construction to end at Thomson Causeway so more sites are made available...wondering if flooding will push back completion of work there.
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20240629_155849252.MP.jpg  
Shearwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2024, 12:01 PM   #63

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Flooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shearwater View Post
We're up in St Paul looking at major flooding with the Mississippi set to crest this weekend. And we're waiting patiently for construction to end at Thomson Causeway so more sites are made available...wondering if flooding will push back completion of work there.
Hard to say. I’d call the Rock Island district Corps of Engineers on Monday and ask some
Questions. It’s 80 plus days till the rally, a lot can happen and a lot can be fixed in that much time.
Here’s a reference I found.
https://water.noaa.gov/gauges/flti2
About 2/3 of Iowa’s rivers drain to the Mississippi but several of the larger ones come in below Fulton/ Clinton such as the Iowa, Cedar. And Des Moines. Time will tell on this one. Soils in eastern Iowa are not supersaturated and there’s 100 percent actively growing corn and beans and woodlands for cover except for concrete, so the transpiration from those plants can move a lot of water back into the sky.
With the 80 degree weather I can set on my bench near the cornfield and hear the corn snap and pop as it grows especially about 10 pm on a calm night with no wind. And I’m not drinking.
Iowa Dave
Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM   #64

Trailer: Escape 15 wanted
Wannabe 5TA owners

Hello everyone! My partner Mark and I are long term tent campers seriously considering an Escape 5TA for some travel adventures these coming few years. We have reservations to attend the Rendezvous this year and will be in our tent… Hoping to meet up with 5er owners. We are really only considering a 5th wheel as Mark is 6’6” tall…. We hope to at least step foot into one without traveling all the way to BC to evaluate if this model is even remotely realistic. We are sold on Escape quality and craftsmanship and would love to hear from other model owners on their experiences with maintenance of their Escape trailers, etc. Looking forward to meeting everyone there!!
Caarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:49 PM   #65

Trailer: 2023 5.0 TA
Hello Caarina, there are several 5.0's on the west side of Madison. I'm in Mt. Horeb and I'm in the Ambassador program. PM me if you want to come take a look.
Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM   #66

Trailer: 2022 Escape 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caarina View Post
Hello everyone! My partner Mark and I are long term tent campers seriously considering an Escape 5TA for some travel adventures these coming few years. We have reservations to attend the Rendezvous this year and will be in our tent… Hoping to meet up with 5er owners. We are really only considering a 5th wheel as Mark is 6’6” tall…. We hope to at least step foot into one without traveling all the way to BC to evaluate if this model is even remotely realistic. We are sold on Escape quality and craftsmanship and would love to hear from other model owners on their experiences with maintenance of their Escape trailers, etc. Looking forward to meeting everyone there!!
Hi Caarina & Mark,

Welcome to our little Escape family. I'll be at the rally in site PMAN-51 with a 5.0. Mine has been extensively modified for solo travel, but it will still give you a good feel for a more typical unit.

Oh, if you see a 5.0 before the rally, I recommend that you come to the rally anyway. It's a friendly group & lovely location.

Hope to see you there!

There are no solutions. There are only trade-offs.
- Thomas Sowell
Lorraine Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:46 PM   #67

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Come to the rally. Meet real nice people like Lorraine my wife Rita and all the other ladies who are either: A. Self sufficient or B. Very busy trying to guide their husbands into their site and doing about 95% of the chores once parked. Participate in the activities, you’re welcome as a tenter. Many of us were tent folks in days gone by. Some of us clinging to memories of younger days still own tents. But now we only use them a work out because we can’t bear to get rid of them and so we move these canvas carcasses and incorrigible poles from place to place and reminisce about how wet we got camping in one of those old leaky bed and breakfast canvas castles.

You will have fun. Lots of different off the grounds activities, two good nearby grocery stores, antique stores, ice cream, a church converted into a bar, Wildlife abounds. Always something going on and all participation is voluntary. What’s not to like about this rally. Dogs welcome. We are checking on the intensity of dog flu and will update about a dog parade as soon as we find out.

My garden has been a little suspect this year so I cannot predict the availability of free produce and apples but I’m doing my level best.
Iowa Dave