Boler 50th Anniversary Caravan – Escapes Welcome - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2017, 06:57 PM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Good on you, Ian. You are planning the fibreglass trailer rally of the century, and the one before that.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 11:21 PM   #22

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Sounds like quite the event. Dirk and I have talked about wandering around various parts of Canada and this would be the perfect excuse to do so. Now to convince him he needs to take that much time off from work. He did tell me the other day to tell him when I want him to take a few weeks off for a trip. Perfect!

So, yeah, I just registered.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:27 AM   #23

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
We are on the list! Sounds like an egg event of a life time. Real glad to hear there will be a no generator zone. Only takes one cheap generator to drive so many people crazy. Put them all together so they can sit locked away for hours in their trailers watching movies, charging their phones or whatever they do in there. Now all we need is a no yappy dog zone.
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:33 PM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19', 1974 Boler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
We are on the list! Sounds like an egg event of a life time. Real glad to hear there will be a no generator zone. Only takes one cheap generator to drive so many people crazy. Put them all together so they can sit locked away for hours in their trailers watching movies, charging their phones or whatever they do in there. Now all we need is a no yappy dog zone.
Eggcelent and welcome to the party
I'm am not eggpecting many owners to spend much time at their trailers. We are planning one Eggtravagant event
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 07:57 PM   #25

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
I just noticed that there are updates on the Boler rally page, including pricing and schedules. Boler 50th Anniversary 1968-2018 – Boler 50th Anniversary 1968-2018

Also there's a forum for discussing caravan routes at http://boler50.proboards.com/:

Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 09:31 PM   #26

Yes I am providing regular updates to the Boler 50th Anniversary site. On the bottom of the home page I list the updates, I have also added event pricing, rules & guidelines, and several other pages. Expect lots of updates as the event gets closer.

The reservation system will be available in early January, I am expecting the event to sell out fairly quickly ....

I will post as soon as the reservation system is available.
Old 12-23-2017, 09:14 PM   #27

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Few questions for you: (yes, I did read the FAQ)

1. Are vehicles allowed to leave their site on days other than Saturday?

2. What sort of volunteer positions are you looking for?

3. How hot is it (traditionally) that time of year? In other words, will I want a generator to run the a/c?

4. You give times for different caravan arrivals. What if you're not part of a caravan?

Thanks!
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 09:56 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
Few questions for you: (yes, I did read the FAQ)

1. Are vehicles allowed to leave their site on days other than Saturday?

2. What sort of volunteer positions are you looking for?

3. How hot is it (traditionally) that time of year? In other words, will I want a generator to run the a/c?

4. You give times for different caravan arrivals. What if you're not part of a caravan?

Thanks!
Thanks for your great questions

1. Yes you are welcome to come and go with your vehicle any day except on the Saturday vehicle will not be allowed to move between 10:00 AM - 6:00 pm for safety reasons because the of number of pedestrians and public which may be walking around the trailer area. If you do leave the area on the other days make sure you have both your vehicle pass and your event passes with you, they are needed to re-enter the park. Finally any trailer leaving the park before Sunday will have the vehicle pass checked by security to make sure the license plate of the trailer and tow vehicle match, we don't want any stolen trailers

2. At this point we only have 4 volunteers working on organizing very specific areas, where we currently need some help is with the caravans through your areas, To help here post on the caravan forum and Linda will work with you. As the event gets closer we know we will need many volunteers, as an example registering at the event, we may need volunteers in Winnipeg to help people into their sites, we are also just discovering some help we need at the event so we will be posting the help needed on the website. I will personally need some help in Calgary preparing registration packages, to give some examples.

3. The weather historically in Winnipeg on the dates of our event are a high of 25C (77F) and average overnight lows of 12C (54F). If you are considering running generator please indicate that preference when you make your reservation, generator use will be located in one area

4. There will not be any checks or rules that you HAVE to arrive at a certain time, just trying to create some order out of a chaotic time. The arrival times are scheduled simply as a guide to try to reduce the line-up's and wait times. We could see 300-400 trailers arrive in the caravan from the East, to register 1 minute per trailer that could take 2-3 hours to register .... we will have the registration process very streamlined and pre-made but then each unit needs to park in their site. Then the same numbers of units arriving from the West ..... get the picture
Old 12-26-2017, 10:06 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
I will personally need some help in Calgary preparing registration packages, to give some examples.
Will send you a text.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-26-2017, 10:49 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Will send you a text.
Thanks Jim. I won't need this help until around June or July, then I will need about 10 volunteers for one day to prepare the registration packages ... plus a large space for us all ...
Old 12-26-2017, 10:51 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Thanks Jim. I won't need this help until around June or July, then I will need about 10 volunteers for one day to prepare the registration packages ... plus a large space for us all ...
That works for us, we will be around then.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:28 PM   #32

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
HELP!!!!!
Now I know some of you are a little weary of Ponoka....., but I finally got the approval to escape to Winnipeg for a few days. :-)
Need help to register, please. Clicked on Ian's Boler page. Got a lot of info, but no registration page. Where do I go?
Old 12-28-2017, 07:29 PM   #33

HELP!!!!!
Now I know some of you are a little weary of Ponoka....., but I finally got the approval to escape to Winnipeg for a few days. :-)
Need help to register, please. Clicked on Ian's Boler page. Got a lot of info, but no registration page. Where do I go?
Old 12-28-2017, 07:30 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
HELP!!!!!
Hi stranger!

You did not find it because it is not there yet. Ian is hoping to have the registration set up shortly into the new year. The registration that he did before was just a pre-registration to get an idea on the interest in doing something like this.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:37 PM   #35

Quote:
Hi stranger!

You did not find it because it is not there yet. Ian is hoping to have the registration set up shortly into the new year. The registration that he did before was just a pre-registration to get an idea on the interest in doing something like this.
O my goodness!!! Soooo, I am not as stupid as I thought.....
Hope Ian catches it!!!! Ukulele on the way in the mail already
And I don't get that often a pass......
Old 12-28-2017, 07:49 PM   #36

Quote:
O my goodness!!! Soooo, I am not as stupid as I thought.....
Hope Ian catches it!!!! Ukulele on the way in the mail already
And I don't get that often a pass......
My youngest daughter is just starting to play the ukulele, and is getting quite good. Fun instrument. Hmmm... I haven't even mentioned this rally to her, I wonder if she would like to come and bring her wee Trillium.

Should be a fun time, eh!
Old 12-28-2017, 08:10 PM   #37

Quote:
My youngest daughter is just starting to play the ukulele, and is getting quite good. Fun instrument. Hmmm... I haven't even mentioned this rally to her, I wonder if she would like to come and bring her wee Trillium.

Should be a fun time, eh!
You try talk her into coming!!! Me and my ukulele can use all the help we can.
Do know how to play piano, but a ukulele is something different.....

Have been to Mexico, and when coming back the wifi was out. Took the guy fourteen days before coming out. The most I missed was this forum. When Birthday came along, hubby asked: "what do you want?" Told him: "Winnipeg trip". Took him a few days, and finally said "yes". Soon as wifi was back, wanted to register before he changes his mind
Old 12-28-2017, 08:16 PM   #38

Quote:
You try talk her into coming!!! Me and my ukulele can use all the help we can.
Do know how to play piano, but a ukulele is something different.....

Have been to Mexico, and when coming back the wifi was out. Took the guy fourteen days before coming out. The most I missed was this forum. When Birthday came along, hubby asked: "what do you want?" Told him: "Winnipeg trip". Took him a few days, and finally said "yes". Soon as wifi was back, wanted to register before he changes his mind
A uke is pretty easy to pick up, but like any instrument takes practice, something I drastically need to do with my guitar.

Did you just have a birthday, if so Happy Birthday!

Very nice of hubby. Is he (Hank?) coming? We are going to have to miss our annual trip to the Salmon Arm Roots and Blues Festival this year to have other fun.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:28 PM   #39

Quote:
A uke is pretty easy to pick up, but like any instrument takes practice, something I drastically need to do with my guitar.

Did you just have a birthday, if so Happy Birthday!

Very nice of hubby. Is he (Hank?) coming? We are going to have to miss our annual trip to the Salmon Arm Roots and Blues Festival this year to have other fun.
Yep, got a year wiser. Thank you!

Henk and Pepper are coming too.

Hopefully next year!! This Boler one is a once in a lifetime event!!! Going to be fun!!
All the memories we will have, once we are old.....
Old 12-28-2017, 08:30 PM   #40

Quote:
All the memories we will have, once we are old.....
Do you really think we will make it there?