Distance to rally…. - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 05-11-2014, 10:45 AM   #1

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Distance to rally….

I realize there will be a bunch of new Escapes attending the rally direct from Chilliwack, but for those who are towing their Escape from their home base, how far will you be from home and what sights are you planning on seeing to and from Osoyoos? Thanks for responding. With gas prices increasing, I'm not looking forward to my cc bill this summer.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:57 AM   #2

Trailer: 21' Escape
If you enjoy traveling in the 21 as much as I do the gas will be money well spent. Hope to go to this rally some day. Have a good trip.
floorpanel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:07 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I realize there will be a bunch of new Escapes attending the rally direct from Chilliwack, but for those who are towing their Escape from their home base, how far will you be from home and what sights are you planning on seeing to and from Osoyoos? Thanks for responding. With gas prices increasing, I'm not looking forward to my cc bill this summer.
Hi: cpaharley2008... I'll gladly trade you CC bills!!! We will be travelling thru Mich. via I 75 & hwy#2 and into Grand Forks N Dak. then north on I 29 to Emerson Man. Canada.
Drop 5.0 for new owners and spend a day doing orientation. The rest of the trip will be trailerless to Chilliwack for June 3rd.
Then the fun part of the trip begins. Rally in Osoyoos then over to Waterton Glacier International Peace Park, Yellowstone N.P., BadLands N.P. then on to Chicago n Detroit and back home. WHEW!!! Need to be home in time to mow the lawn. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #4

Trailer: Escape 19 February 2014
Sadly, we will not get out there in time for the rally, but the route we will be taking to Chilliwack is pretty much the same until we get to Montana. The places of note are Toledo Ohio (Mudhens game) Sioux Falls, S.D. -- there is a wonderful set of waterfalls where we spent hours photographing ducklings last year -- we are staying two nights in the Badlands -- and last year in between Spearfish South Dakota and Billings Montana we visited Devil's Tower and Medicine Wheel National Monument. Devil's Tower is a bit off the highway -- easy to find on any map. As for Medicine Wheel:

Medicine Wheel/Medicine Mountain National Historic Landmark - Wyoming Travel and Tourism. This means getting off of 90 and going on 14A to 310 and back to 90. The scenery on the road is amazing and when you get to Medicine Wheel it is a pretty easy hike to the monument and if someone in the car is handicapped you can take your car up there, but probably not a trailer.
Ruthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 11:25 AM   #5

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
I'm making it a rather long trip - I left upstate NY on October 10th. 8409 towing miles so far & I'm only in northern Oregon! Lots of things to see, but if you don't stop at Glacier National Park (US version), you will miss my favorite. Drop the trailer & drive the "Going to the Sun Road" both ways.
Old 05-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 19 (sold) Escape 21 2014
Jim,
What route will you be following across the country? We live on I-94/I-39 in Wisconsin, I can see the highway from here. I know Ruthe will be passing right by, you may be as well. Escape Artist will be quite a bit north. I have driven US 2 across the UP of Michigan and Wisconsin and Minnesota. It is a really nice route, especially, if you like to drive the Blue Highways.

Since we are going to Chilliwack first we have some different route options, what did you decide on west of Spokane? I looked at US2 in place of I-94 and that looked interesting. Highway 20 is further north as a crossing of the Cascades and finally the Crows Nest Highway in Canada is an option. So many choices.

We are leaving Friday May 23rd and will be trailer less on the outbound. It is an odd distance and I could not figure a way to shorten the travel time. It is a two and half day trip or a three day trip. There is no gain by driving long, still cannot make trailer pickup and US delivery. So we are planning three 10 hour days.
fudge_brownie is offline   Reply With Quote