Escape Rally, 5/27-5/29, 2022 At Nk-Mip CG in Osoyoos, BC - Page 24 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2022, 11:18 AM   #461

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hi Adrian
32 years of government meetings. They invited me to many of them for entertainment in the form of what I thought was comic relief. While some kids win accolades as scholars and musicians in school I was recognized for eccentric behavior and inappropriate humor. So a career in government was probably inevitable. I honed my craft with six years of killing 4,000 pigs a night on a ninety seven person gang, tempered with liberal cheap alcohol. So thread drifting is my retirement job now.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-20-2022, 11:56 AM   #462

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' and 2004 Tundra
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I’m not an expert, but $ 7.00 for a gallon of weed seems cheap? Probably market rate here in Iowa where it grows in ditches, escaped from WWII cultivation for rope. Fun Fact: our state bird is the American Goldfinch sometimes called the Wild Canary. In the late summer they nest in low tress about 10 to 15 feet off the ground. They weave a little nest from grass and line it with thistle down. They sing a pretty song and they sing a lot. One of their main food items are the seeds off of the aforementioned ditch weed plants, curing in the late summer sun. And the world keeps on turning.
Have a great week.
Iowa Dave
Talk about a thread going off the topic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Adrian
32 years of government meetings. They invited me to many of them for entertainment in the form of what I thought was comic relief. While some kids win accolades as scholars and musicians in school I was recognized for eccentric behavior and inappropriate humor. So a career in government was probably inevitable. I honed my craft with six years of killing 4,000 pigs a night on a ninety seven person gang, tempered with liberal cheap alcohol. So thread drifting is my retirement job now.
Iowa Dave
such comments are the spice of life in my opinion
RBRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 12:42 PM   #463

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Hi Russell,
Good to hear from someone from Louisiana. I just bought some sacalait lures from Cajun Lures based in West Monroe that look pretty good. Can’t wait to try them.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-20-2022, 01:12 PM   #464

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' and 2004 Tundra
Well there you go! You are well versed because even people from north Louisiana look at me funny when I say sacalait.
RBRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 01:23 PM   #465

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Iowan oracle, by Iowa Dave............I could listen to you talk all day Dave, you always seem to have a good tale to share.....
Old 08-14-2022, 04:32 PM   #466

Trailer: 2022 - 21C
2023 Escape Rally and Alaska trip

Hi everyone - we are in our first year of RV life with a 21C. We couldn't make the 2022 Escape Rally, and are looking forward to the 2023 Rally. We have talked to some folks that have used the Escape Rally as a starting point for an Alaska trip. We would love to get some feed back on routes, how much time to plan for the trip, must haves as far as supplies and equipment we should not go without, etc. Thanks in advance for any input.
dcgrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 05:00 PM   #467

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
We did exactly that several years ago as others have also done.

Hard to say how much time to allow because there's lot's of variables but it's not a trip that you want to rush.

Two major variables are how far North you want to go and if you want to take the ferry and visit all the places only accessible by boat or take the Stewart-Cassiar Hwy. instead.

This is the route that we took. You can see that it's circular in nature and how little backtracking that we had to do.

We took the ferry down to Prince Rupert so that we could visit Juneau etc. You also have the option of riding the ferry all the way to Seattle. We've since done the Stewart-Cassiar Hwy. and it's great also.

Ron
Attached Thumbnails
P7150341_resize.jpg  
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 05:06 PM   #468

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19'er + 2018 Highlander
Here's a video on the trip we just took.

www.tinyurl.com/EscapingToAlaska2022
EscapeBoulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 06:32 PM   #469

Trailer: 2019 17B
That looked like a fantastic adventure….I can’t wait to go back up north…I like the way you did your captions….adding the videos in between your photos really was a nice touch.
siamblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 08:32 AM   #470

Anyone know the dates for the 2023 Osoyoos Rally?
Old 08-20-2022, 08:55 AM   #471

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19'er + 2018 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Anyone know the dates for the 2023 Osoyoos Rally?
The Escape rally seems to always be over the USA Memorial Day weekend. May 27 - 29, 2023
EscapeBoulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 08:59 AM   #472

Those are the dates I was thinking, but since we had to leave Osoyoos this year earlier than expected and missed any announcements normally expressed at the final dinner. Just wanted to pencil in the dates....
Old 08-23-2022, 12:03 PM   #473

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapeBoulder View Post
The Escape rally seems to always be over the USA Memorial Day weekend. May 27 - 29, 2023
Other than the first one in Merritt BC and the first one or two in Osoyoos, this has always been the case. It was a couple weeks earlier before this but that date did not work for Tammy and Reace one year so it was changed.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 06:06 PM   #474

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Those are the dates I was thinking, but since we had to leave Osoyoos this year earlier than expected and missed any announcements normally expressed at the final dinner. Just wanted to pencil in the dates....
I'm wondering how much longer there will be a rally that is put on by Escape. After the rally the question air that they sent out kinda made me think about what is going to happen moving forward. Asking Escape owners if they wanted to organize rallies or if you didn't would you attend one other then the one in May organized by Escape. Maybe I'm being too cynical it is part of my nature It would be interesting for someone to ask this question on the August Q&A.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 06:29 PM   #475

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
I'm wondering how much longer there will be a rally that is put on by Escape. After the rally the question air that they sent out kinda made me think about what is going to happen moving forward. Asking Escape owners if they wanted to organize rallies or if you didn't would you attend one other then the one in May organized by Escape. Maybe I'm being too cynical it is part of my nature It would be interesting for someone to ask this question on the August Q&A.
That wasn't my impression at all. I don't think the questions about hosting a rally etc. had anything to do with the annual rally at Osoyoos. My impression was that it was more about having regional rallies in areas further afield that could be attended by folks that couldn't travel all the way to Osoyoos.

ETI did have some limited participation at the Q'site meet providing swag etc. and some trailer viewing.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 08:12 PM   #476

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
That wasn't my impression at all. I don't think the questions about hosting a rally etc. had anything to do with the annual rally at Osoyoos. My impression was that it was more about having regional rallies in areas further afield that could be attended by folks that couldn't travel all the way to Osoyoos.

ETI did have some limited participation at the Q'site meet providing swag etc. and some trailer viewing.

Ron
Hoping I'm wrong, only time will...it's not the Rease and Tammy show anymore.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote