Fort Casey April dates rescheduled to Oct 5-8, 2020 Gathering - Page 7 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-10-2020, 04:12 AM   #121

Trailer: 2019 17B; 2011 Tundra 5.7L Dbl cab
Sadly, have canceled my reservation

With true regret, salted with a tad of “reality”, I have canceled my reservation for Site 21, Oct 7-9. The cross-country trip I had been aiming at, which I sure hope will be do-able in the not-too-distant future, is more than I can manage this fall.
Hoping someone else might be able to pick up those nights and join in the non-rally that you are having (or should I say “the rally you are not-having”?!).
Enjoy every moment, all of you who are able to make it to that wonderful spot!
Old 09-14-2020, 04:01 PM   #122

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Sorry, Mimi! Would have been fun!

I'm trying to get a vague count on who will be coming (assuming the smoke blows away and they don't just keep extending the bad air alert!). I have this list.

New October Fort Casey rally

Bobbie, Escape 15A, site 25
Mike and Karen, Escape 19, site 13
JKCoug, Escape 19
Killercook, Escape 21, site 24
Karen H. Escape 15A, site 26
Jinny, Escape 17b, site 15
Papsm2, Escape 21, site 35
Jeff Thoelke, site 23
Garyjohn 1, site 22

I'd like to get a closer count and know which trailers are two (or more) people. (We might have some goodies and would not want to miss anyone!)
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 04:39 PM   #123

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Hi Bobby, I actually have site 22 for the upcoming October gathering. I believe I have reserved sit 23 for the April '21 gathering. Thanks.

GJ.
garyjohn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 04:46 PM   #124

Oh, good, probably my mistake. One person or two?
Old 09-14-2020, 04:52 PM   #125

Bobbie, this time I'll be respective enough to spell your name right!

There will be two of us, Gary and Selina Johnson. Thanks.

GJ.
Old 09-14-2020, 10:09 PM   #126

Trailer: 2020 21'NE
Jeff Thoelke, 21NE, Site 23, 2 people, one dog
We're still planning on it! We're out on the south WA coast right now, trying to stay away from some of the smoke. It's a mixture of marine layer and smoke here, but breathable. We are working our way around the peninsula, aiming to be home in time to clean up the trailer before heading to Ft Casey.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
tukwilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:18 AM   #127

Trailer: 2020 17b
Planning on coming. One person, one dog Dana.
At Sakt Creek this week, just west of Port Angeles. Can see the Strait but not across to BC.
Jinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:04 PM   #128

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
From Bobbie's post #122. Let me know of additions or corrections.
Attached Thumbnails
Fort Casey October Rally 2020-002.jpg  
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 06:12 PM   #129

Thanks, Karen. I'm waiting on a correction from Ed and Jane who said #33 (non-existent!)
Old 09-16-2020, 10:59 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
Thanks, Karen. I'm waiting on a correction from Ed and Jane who said #33 (non-existent!)
Duh, blame it on the smoke. 33 is one of the inside ones. They are always booked so I never think about them!
Old 09-17-2020, 12:12 AM   #131

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19 "Sheep"; 2003 Toyota Tundra "Shep"; 2017 Aussie "Cody"
Hi Bobbie!

I have site 9 for 10/5 to 10/9. Just me and my dog, Cody, in my 2019 E19. This will be my first camping venture with the trailer and I am looking forward to meeting other owners and getting advice on handling the unexpected quirks that will show up on first use.

And, more important, I want to participate in the Escape community which I have enjoyed so much on the forum.

Eleanor. Cody and Sheep (aka Great White Hope)
Farmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:09 AM   #132

That's great, Eleanor! And a good way to get started when there are lots of people around who know how everything works. I'm hoping to have my new 17b, too.
Old 09-17-2020, 07:01 PM   #133

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Updated...
Attached Thumbnails
Fort Casey October Rally 2020 A.jpg  
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 11:56 AM   #134

I hope we can all make it and the weather decides to be perfect (ie, not like today or yesterday.). For those coming from Port Townsend, you may want to get your reservations now. You can cancel up to 5 PM the day before but daytime slots have tended to fill quickly. For those coming up through Seattle no reservations are taken for the Mukilteo-Clinton ferry, just fcfs.

We have a list of people and sites but if you can let me know days (PM if you don’t want it public) I’d like to get that list, too.

We are going to have to be physically distanced but I hope we can socialize to some extent and stay safe.

Some suggestions to help this happen:

Put up a sign with your names (first is fine) on or near your trailer. It will be obvious which of us are with the Escape group! But knowing who someone is is an icebreaker.

If you enjoy visiting, put one or two “guest chairs” a safe distance from your own. Put them away (fold up or move) if you don’t want to socialize. That way you can set the limits, but we’ll all be encouraged to do some visiting.

Mask up! If you are just out walking alone maybe you don’t wear it, but if you have one along it allows for stopping to talk to other people safely. And respect the six foot distance when you do stop to chat.

If you want to show someone your trailer, use your own level of comfort to guide you. For me, I’d be comfortable with you stepping in to look at it when I’m not in it (and neither is Oliver) and I have the Maxx fan venting out, and you are wearing a mask, and you avoid handling anything besides the handrails- and preferably when I’m going to be out of it for awhile. (Just a few conditions!) If you don’t want to show yours, we’ll all understand that, too.

The State Parks request gatherings of no more than 5 people outside your immediate family, which means no big group dinners or campfires. Also currently there is a level 3 burn ban (no campfires or charcoal grills) though I think that will change as it already has at Rasar (which has much higher fire danger).

In the next post I’ll give some suggestions about things you CAN do. i'm sure i've forgotten a bunch of things so feel free to add your own suggestions.
Old 09-24-2020, 11:56 AM   #135

I will have Self-guided tour maps of the fort. (They can also be picked up up in the park office.) There is a fairly steep trail up to the fort from the campground or you can drive up and park close by.

Callen’s Restaurant has eat in, deck dining, and takeout from Wednesday-Sun. (Closed Monday and Tuesday.) It’s right by the ferry dock.

Coupeville is a short drive away, as is Fort Ebey state park and the Ebeys Bluff trail. https://www.alltrails.com/trail/us/w...ey-bluff-trail. If it is a nice day this is a spectacular hike. Greenbank Farm is about 15 minutes down 525 (south) and has off-leash trails through the meadows and a great view-from the top you can see the water on both sides of the island. Biking is good around Fort Casey if you bring bikes. And if you aren’t from that side, the ferry ride over to Port Townsend is a nice thing to do. Further south (about 25 minutes) is Double Bluff beach which allows dogs off-leash to run on the beach (after the marked on leash area.)

While it is safer for all concerned if you can bring whatever you nee in the way of groceries from home, the Red Apple market is in Coupeville and has the basics.

The schedule will be released next week, but often there are Growler jets practicing carrier landings at nearby OLF (outlying field). You’ll see (and hear0 these from the campground, but if you want to get a closeup, bring your earplugs and drive up to check them out. The “Touch and Go” landings are really fascinating to watch but the sound level is very high, so you may want to keep car windows rolled up tight. Do not park along highway 20. If you go up Keystone Hill (off Wanamaker) you can park nearby and watch. For those who hate noise- luckily our Escapes do a pretty good job of cutting the level down at night.
Old 09-24-2020, 01:23 PM   #136

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Wish we could go ! Even have new grand baby haven’t seen . Have fun and maybe next time . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 01:32 PM   #137

Hi Bobbie, Selina and I will be arriving on the 5th and departing on the 8th. Already have our PT ferry reservations in hand. Looking forward to meeting the gang!

GJ.
Old 09-24-2020, 02:01 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Wish we could go ! Even have new grand baby haven’t seen . Have fun and maybe next time . Pat
We'll miss you Pat and Linda.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:07 PM   #139

Trailer: 2015 19’
It doesn’t look like we (Mike and Karen Reed) will be making it. Hopefully we’ll make one post Covid.
Sailingmiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 08:21 PM   #140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailingmiker View Post
It doesn’t look like we (Mike and Karen Reed) will be making it. Hopefully we’ll make one post Covid.
Sorry to hear it, but yes, hopefully one day soon we will all be able to come.