Fort Casey Escape Rally October 4-8 2021 (Washington) - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-05-2021, 01:06 PM   #21

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Oh, that's too bad! But we'll see you in April.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 11:01 PM   #22

Trailer: 2021 5.0 TA
Looks like we won't be getting our fifth wheel till the 26th so we'll have it week before the get together. LOL
Bruce and Ann.
WanderBred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 11:26 PM   #23

I got mine the Thursday before last year. And Lori and her husband picked theirs up last year the day of the rally. It actually is great to do that as you have all these people around who know things!
Old 09-06-2021, 10:13 AM   #24

Trailer: 2015 Esc 21. Formerly, Casita LD (16 & 17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
I got mine the Thursday before last year. And Lori and her husband picked theirs up last year the day of the rally. It actually is great to do that as you have all these people around who know things!
Ditto: our pickup was just a few days before the 2015 fall NOG. And it turned out ours wasn’t even the newest one. It was great fun!
Old 09-17-2021, 03:53 PM   #25

Trailer: 2021 17B
I thought I'd pass some info along for people using the WA senior off-season pass. I just updated my reservations in October and April with my WA senior off-season pass number. I got my refunds and I was informed that, in the future, you have to have your pass when you make the reservation to get the reduced fee. Going forward, they won't let you book early and add the pass later to get a refund of the original fee amount. She said that they have changed the process and are doing refunds for now, but won't in the future. I asked about making an early reservation, then cancelling and rebooking using your pass. She said you will paying fees to cancel and rebook. She said the rationale is that the discount is to fill up unused sites.
mel99203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 04:04 PM   #26

Yes, I got that info, too. It may kill the fall rally. There may be a way to do it for half price- book and pay, then cancel and immediately rebook after you get your pass. (Still requires you can afford to shell the money out months in advance). Or, once the camping craze dies, we can book after Sept 1. But I think it sucks. It means those who easily afford it get the sites. I get the reasoning but I think they'll end up losing money with the new policy (fewer sites filled in the long run.)

I think April will remain okay, fingers crossed, anyway, since we can book 8 1/2 months in advance. (Two years ago we booked 18 sites in January... but that was before everyone bought an RV.)
Old 09-17-2021, 04:05 PM   #27

Question- were you able to do that for a park at the park or on the reservation line or online? And if at a park, could they only do reservations at that park? I bought my pass at one park but they said they could not process the refunds for another park.
Old 09-17-2021, 04:18 PM   #28

I couldn't find anything in the online reservation system that records any pass numbers on a finished reservation or a place to put it in my account info. I called the WA State Park Reservation number 888.226.7688. I gave her the number for each reservation and she put the pass number on each reservation separately. The refunds were processed separately.
Old 09-17-2021, 04:43 PM   #29

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel99203 View Post
I couldn't find anything in the online reservation system that records any pass numbers on a finished reservation or a place to put it in my account info. I called the WA State Park Reservation number 888.226.7688. I gave her the number for each reservation and she put the pass number on each reservation separately. The refunds were processed separately.
Just to clarify I’m reading your post correctly. Moving forward you can’t even pay full price and then get a refund after you buy the new pass? If this is correct in my option this pass is now totally useless for me. I’ll take my money down to the Oregon coast, it will cost me the same and the coast is much prettier then WA.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 04:56 PM   #30

I'm just repeating what I was told. If you reserve early before you get the pass, they don't refund the difference between the regular cost and the discounted cost. If you cancel and rebook, there are fees. It really messes up planning for early fall.
Old 09-17-2021, 05:31 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
Just to clarify I’m reading your post correctly. Moving forward you can’t even pay full price and then get a refund after you buy the new pass? If this is correct in my option this pass is now totally useless for me. I’ll take my money down to the Oregon coast, it will cost me the same and the coast is much prettier then WA.
That's it. They gave me a printed policy update with the pass. You can reserve early and pay, or wait and take your chance of anything left in September. I've already reserved my 3 days to pay for it (after Sept 1) so will see what else ends up available this year before I decide about next year. But what we don't know is how many of the reserved already spots for this year were done with last year's senior passes, then paid for, expecting refunds? So we really won't know how it is going to be until fall 2022.

They also told me which number to call to complain. I'll find that and post it.
Old 09-17-2021, 05:54 PM   #32

She did refund the difference for the October reservation (and April) as the change is new. So I think those who reserved this year and got the pass after reserving should ask for the refund. I don't know how they will handle refunds at the actual park.
Old 09-17-2021, 07:16 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel99203 View Post
She did refund the difference for the October reservation (and April) as the change is new. So I think those who reserved this year and got the pass after reserving should ask for the refund. I don't know how they will handle refunds at the actual park.
Yes, supposedly this year we get the refund. Next year we would not, The pass can no longer be used to reserve until Sept 1 when you get the new pass, (It now asks for the pass expiration date even though that is not printed on the pass!)
Old 09-21-2021, 12:31 PM   #34

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
yes i got my refund- too bad this is changing really messes up oct dates.
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 12:35 PM   #35

Yes, hoping April will still be fine. We'll have to see about October. I made one for a few weeks after ours but it coincided with the (now-cancelled) Halloween at the Fort so was pretty full.
Old 09-23-2021, 07:42 PM   #36

Burn ban lifted! Wood fires allowed.

Also- next week is supposed to be windy and wet, so that bodes well for the following week to be nice.
Old 09-24-2021, 03:41 PM   #37

Trailer: 5.0 TA "Sea'scape"
Swap Meet? Fort Casey October 4-8

Let's bring Escape and RV-related stuff for swapping to the Fort Casey gathering October 4-8. I have an extra hinge someone could use to help open up the top step in their 5.0 and extra covers for the outside lights.

Anyone else?
Hawkeye Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 04:55 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye Ed View Post
Let's bring Escape and RV-related stuff for swapping to the Fort Casey gathering October 4-8. I have an extra hinge someone could use to help open up the top step in their 5.0 and extra covers for the outside lights.

Anyone else?
Great idea. I'll see what I have.
Old 09-24-2021, 05:23 PM   #39

Trailer: 5.0TA 2017
i know i have some stuff will look around!
Fox hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 05:28 PM   #40

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
It was with fear and trepidation that I called the number in Post #28...dreading the process to get my refunds for reservations made for this coming off-season. The clerk has done this a few times it would seem as it was a piece of cake and took less than ten minutes to get the $800 back into my pocket.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote