Inyan 2019 – A South Dakota Rally - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2018, 06:11 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 Scamp
Inyan 2019 – A South Dakota Rally

August 25th – September 1st 2019

Inhale the fertile earth
Sense the wind on your face
Witness the quiver of nature
Listen to the rumbling in the distance
There will soon come an extraordinary gathering…

It will take place in the Black Hills and Rapid City area of South Dakota.
As we continue to work on the event details, get updates and information on the Inyan website.
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2018, 07:57 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Wow; right after Sturgis - Aug. 2-11.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 08:03 PM   #3

Absolutely!
Rule of thumb is allow a two-week window before and after the greatest rally in the world.
Old 01-04-2019, 04:38 PM   #4

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
We are planning on attending the Inyan Rally and we registered today. The campgrounds are split up into two locations, the first location is not available for reservations yet, but the second one is taking reservations. Anyone been to this? Anyone planning to go this year?
Old 01-04-2019, 05:16 PM   #5

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Is the south camp the Angostura State Recreation area? I camped there once a few years ago and it sounds about right for location.
Iowa Dave
Old 01-04-2019, 05:29 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Is the south camp the Angostura State Recreation area? I camped there once a few years ago and it sounds about right for location.
Iowa Dave

I don't think the South camp has been announced, it says it is at a South Dakota State Campground and they will not take reservations before 90 days.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:42 PM   #7

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Hey Dave, do you know when is the Mississippi Rally this year?
Old 01-04-2019, 06:08 PM   #8

Mi crooked letter I crooked letter I PP I rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Hey Dave, do you know when is the Mississippi Rally this year?
Jim if Paul sets it up as in past years it will be that last weekend in September. I think it will be about September 26 or 27 and ending Sunday the 30th. But it’s Paul’s deal so guess he will let us know.
Iowa Dave
Old 01-04-2019, 08:24 PM   #9

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
We are planning on attending the Inyan Rally and we registered today. The campgrounds are split up into two locations, the first location is not available for reservations yet, but the second one is taking reservations. Anyone been to this? Anyone planning to go this year?
Ronn, we are planning to go. This is a first for this rally and it's unusual in that it moves from one campground to another over the seven days.

Unfortunately if we go to Inyan we will have to miss the Mississippi rally this year.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:04 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Ronn, we are planning to go. This is a first for this rally and it's unusual in that it moves from one campground to another over the seven days.

Unfortunately if we go to Inyan we will have to miss the Mississippi rally this year.
I was thinking the same, life is full of choices one has to make.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:58 PM   #11

South Dakota

We've visited and camped the Black Hills for nearly 50 years. In 2014 we went out to Custer State Park for the buffalo roundup. That was at the end of September. The fall color was very good, the round up a lot of fun and the art and music events good too. We stayed in the state parks campground nearest the town of Custer. There's a lot to see and do out there. The wildlife loop is a riot. Take a box of triscuits to feed the donkeys. Nothing like a happy jackass, with its head inside your car, drooling on your upholstery, eating a triscuit. Reminded me of college. Weather can be very nice or belligerent and change in a matter of hours.
Iowa " hee haw" Dave
Old 01-04-2019, 11:44 PM   #12

Quote:

Hi Adrian, I sent you a private message earlier this week, I am wondering if you got it?
The Black Hills area is so large and varied that I wonder if they aren't trying to cover more ground by moving mid week.
We are planning to attend the Mississippi rally as well, we enjoyed it very much and due to our not picking up our trailer until the end of June, we are planning a lot in for the summer.
I am thinking you are not much farther from the Black Hills than we are, but we are much closer to the Mississippi rally than you. It will be nice seeing you there.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:17 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Hi Adrian, I sent you a private message earlier this week, I am wondering if you got it?
The Black Hills area is so large and varied that I wonder if they aren't trying to cover more ground by moving mid week.
We are planning to attend the Mississippi rally as well, we enjoyed it very much and due to our not picking up our trailer until the end of June, we are planning a lot in for the summer.
I am thinking you are not much farther from the Black Hills than we are, but we are much closer to the Mississippi rally than you. It will be nice seeing you there.
No Ronn I didn't get it, try again.

Jim says we must make choices. For us it's not only having to choose between Inyan and Mississippi. We've always wanted to get to the Black Hills. But now we are even looking at canceling our winter holiday which will mean missing seeing our grandchildren in GA.

Our dollar is dong so poorly against the US. Beth this month is having a tooth crowned and yesterday found out with her developing cataracts must get new lenses in her glasses. Combined with these factors with the markets doing so poorly in 2018, we are going quicker through our retirement savings than anticipated. So now we have a paid for newer Escape and might not be able to use it as often as we'd like
Old 01-05-2019, 11:46 AM   #14

We stayed home almost the entire 2018 year due to our ailing Franklin, he is now 15 years old and hanging in there. I guess he wants to join the 50,000 miler club.......
Old 01-05-2019, 12:14 PM   #15

Dump stations

Iowa has dump stations at 22 of their rest stops on the interstate system. I’ve used them when staying at a minimal service park overnight and heading back home. There’s one on 380 northbound about 20 miles from our home. I just check the DOT website under rest areas and look the matrix over to see which one would be most convenient. On Holiday weekends many rest stops in Iowa have FREE coffee and and snacks provided by organizations and safety minded businesses. The free coffee and water prompted a change in the state slogan from “ Iowa, a place to grow” to “Iowa, a place to go............ potty.” I preferred the first iteration “ Iowa, a place to grow.......old.”
Old 01-05-2019, 01:28 PM   #16

Quote:
No Ronn I didn't get it, try again.

Jim says we must make choices. For us it's not only having to choose between Inyan and Mississippi. We've always wanted to get to the Black Hills. But now we are even looking at canceling our winter holiday which will mean missing seeing our grandchildren in GA.

Our dollar is dong so poorly against the US. Beth this month is having a tooth crowned and yesterday found out with her developing cataracts must get new lenses in her glasses. Combined with these factors with the markets doing so poorly in 2018, we are going quicker through our retirement savings than anticipated. So now we have a paid for newer Escape and might not be able to use it as often as we'd like
Adrian, I just sent you another Private Message - I noted awhile back where someone else was trying to contact you. Maybe they are going to your spam or could be a wrong email address.
I am sorry to hear that you are needing to cut back. I can't believe the money we have gone through preparing for our Escape. Many additional "wants vs needs" I'd say. Almost like stocking a second home.
Old 01-05-2019, 02:02 PM   #17

Hope the gasoline stays cheap(er) from a selfish standpoint. At least the interest in CDs came up from what it had been too long. Was in Lake MacBride state park near Solon Iowa yesterday. The free firewood crib was full of wrist wood and split maple, oak and hickory. They are doing some good forestry work in that park after the honeysuckle about took over. Winter camping rate, pit toilet only $6.00 per night. Course you could burn $30.00 worth of firewood and pretend you were making money. No snow this winter gives park guys time to catch up on deferred projects.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 04:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
The free coffee and water prompted a change in the state slogan from “ Iowa, a place to grow” to “Iowa, a place to go............ potty.” I preferred the first iteration “ Iowa, a place to grow.......old.”
Hi Dave - Yes I noticed on our trips south through your state the dump stations at rest areas, not that I ever needed to use one. I have liked the wi-fi though
Old 01-05-2019, 08:38 PM   #19

Registration and information for Inyan is now here! This new rolling rally is packed with regional activities. Take advantage of two camps along the Black Hills—on the southern and northern borders—to maximize your time.

For registration, travel guide links and rally information, go to:
http://www.rvcompass.com/Inyan/index.html
Old 01-06-2019, 06:23 AM   #20

Help me understand why a rally would relocate during the rally time period? I understand there maybe other nice cg's in the area but the ordeal of relocation is not, particularly after one may have driven a long distance. What is the reasoning? Would not sight seeing be better? I'm familiar with the area and realize distances are measured in hours.