Ist Annual Eastern US Escape Rally 9/26-9/28/14-Pine Grove, Pa - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-07-2013, 11:10 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
For anyone that does not read the Fiberglass Forum, there will be a fiberglass gathering at the Copake NY KOA, 2236 County Route 7, Copake, NY 12516, 518-329-2811, October 4-6 2013.

Fiberglass Forum Link
Old 06-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #22

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
and the http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f1...cape-2066.html
Which is in September near Niagara Falls, NY/Canada
Try to make both------
Old 06-07-2013, 03:53 PM   #23

Trailer: Escape
orientation delivery

cpaharley 2008
"I asked Escape about the orientation delivery and they said their attorney was investigating the issue".
More information please.

I believe that our Escape 19 will be delivered on the same truck as ColoRockiesFan.

July - Delivery to Reston, VA - Delivery Date Approx. July 12. Please note this truck is now full. (Escape home page)
Jubal
Old 06-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #24

When my Escape was delivered there was another 19 on board. The other couple was from out of state and drove to my house to take delivery. After unloading we immediately hooked up and went camping nearby in Gettysburg, Pa. KOA. The other couple were new to camping and the Escape. I showed them how to turn every thing on, how to level the unit, open the awning, and other basic items. All of these are explained on the dvd Escape provides but they did not have a dvd player.
The following day upon departure the other couple thanked me for all of my help in explaining how things worked in the camper. Although this was my first Escape, it was my 6th camper and as we know there are a lot of common items found in most campers.
Anyway, I got to thinking about how some persons are not as experienced or have been exposed to other fiberglass trailers. When I saw that there were 2 Escapes coming within 100 miles of myself, I contacted Escape Industries and stated that if the 2 new owners wanted to take delivery at my house, that afterwards we all could go camping at a nearby campground and I would
assist them in setting up the dual axles, leveling and other items that may be new to them. I figure this would be a good way to meet new Escape owners and to help them out. I emailed and also called Escape and spoke with Kim.
Kim @ Escape said my email was given to Reace and that he forwarded it to their attorney for review. I have not heard back from them on this issue.
But my offer still stands for the two of you, since you are coming from Indiana and the other owner is in Washington, DC suburb you have to meet somewhere for delivery. Then afterwards you are on your own. You are welcome to meet here in York, to take delivery and there is a cg 5 miles away or a another one maybe 15 miles away. I would stay away from Gettysburg as they are celebrating the 150th anniversary of Lincoln's Gettysburg Address all summer long. It is up to you, no obligation.
If you are interested, I'd suggest you check with Tammy and Reace and let me know your/their decision.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:29 PM   #25

Trailer: Escape
Jim
Thank you for your generous offer and consideration. We will pick up the TT in Goshen, IN which is aprox. 16 miles away. Pa is much further. Unfortunately, unexpected family circumstances will limit our travel until at least August. Family does come first. We do have experience with TT's and hope that the CD from Escape trailers is comprehensive. It would be great if the CD or video was specific to the individual build that is being delivered. Once again thank you for your generosity, it is above and beyond. If we have any questions we will contact you.
Jubal
Old 06-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #26

Trailer: none
It would be really awesome for Escape to have an official east coast presence. I'm sure the attorney referral is to judge what kind of liability Escape would be exposed to if someone you oriented did something wrong and got hurt.

I wonder if Escape would consider offering to "train" interested persons and making them able to give "official" Escape orientations. Maybe the liability issue would be eased.

It's a shame that we live in such a litigatious society.
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #27

Either way ColoRocky,
I'm willing to help. Once you get your date confirmed maybe I'll mosey down to that Virgina KOA CG you mentioned and we can have a mini rally. I know of at least one other owner in DC and one in NC- that would be 4 of us!!
Old 06-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #28

Trailer: none
Hi Jim,

I called the Luray KOA (1-800-562-2790) and made a reservation for Thursday Aug. 8 through Sunday, August 11th.

I'm in site 69. Sites 62-70 are large and shaded. They also overlook the mountains and small valley. Very nice!!

The rep at the park said there was plenty of space and if anyone called for reservations they should ask for the Virginia Escape Rally and she would put them near me.

I will post separately as well in the Rally section and on the Fiberglass RV forum.

Hope to see you there!

Lisa
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #29

I'll call in awhile and it's on my calendar. Hope to see some others and I'll send some p/m's in awhile. thanks Lisa.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:56 PM   #30

Hey,

Is there /are there meets set up for sometime in 2014 ? Mid Atlantic to Northeast region? I have to select my vaction weeks for next year.

Cypher
Cypherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #31

I'm going to ask Colorado Rocky to give us a cg report on the Luray KOA, if good lets pick a date mid July, 2014, I should be back from the Escape Rally in June by then.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
The 7th Annual Eggscursion will be April 24-27, 2014, at the KOA in Townsend, TN. More information at this thread at the Fiberglass Forum
Old 10-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #33

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
The 7th Annual Eggscursion will be April 24-27, 2014, at the KOA in Townsend, TN. More information at this thread at the Fiberglass Forum

And at least 4 Escapes signed up already. We have been averaging 65-75 campers the last few years. Hopefully we will get more Escapes next year.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #34

Trailer: 2012- 17'B.... 2016 Tacoma SR5 TRD
TN. is that Tennessee USA.?
Old 02-02-2014, 08:51 AM   #35

Ist Annual Eastern US Escape Rally 9/26-9/28/14

For the past 2 years I have been waiting and waiting until enough persons on the Eastern Seaboard become Escape owners. Some I have met thru showing my Escape 19 and some via this forum. It appears from the Escape Owners map we have at least a half dozen owners within 8 hour drive of central Pennsylvania. Some have not take possession yet and some already have, so I'm thinking of late September, the last weekend, specifically September 26th to 28th, 2014.
I have a couple of locations in mind, specifically a KOA, Jonestown KOA | Camping in Pennsylvania | KOA Campgrounds and a very nice private cg Twin Grove RV Resort & Cottages Pine Grove, PA
Both have a fully stocked store and the second also has a restaurant on premises.
But these are just suggestions as this is your rally. Please feel free to suggest alternates.
I see we have owners in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, several in Maryland and more in Virginia. In addition there is Delaware, New York, Vermont, Rhode Island and Massachusetts. I also wish to invite North Carolina and Tennessee and any owner not on the owner's map here on the Eastern side of the US. Those owners in Canada are also welcome.
Please post here if you wish to attend and any suggested CG other than the above. If we can not make it to Osoyoos, BC we can at least bring Canada to central Pennsylvania!
Old 02-02-2014, 09:06 AM   #36

Trailer: 2016 21' sold, current class C, Now looking
Maybe Brenda and I will make this our anniversary trip...
Don W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:10 AM   #37

Trailer: 2016 21' sold, current class C, Now looking
We vote twin grove
Don W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #38

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
A tentative yes to attending. I don't see much difference in the CG's so whichever the majority prefers is fine by us. You missed RI for states with Escapes.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:44 PM   #39

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
I like the idea. We will be back by then from our big trip west and will be ready for more.

John
John G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 05:35 PM   #40

Trailer: 2014 19' Named Bailey
Planning to attend wherever it is! First have to make all the decisions and have her built!!! So many choices!!!
FishBioGirl is offline   Reply With Quote