July gatherings - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2016, 01:03 AM   #1

Trailer: 5.0 TA hatched April 2017
Smile July gatherings

Anyone know of any end of July gatherings? I am buying a new trailer, putting together a build sheet and would like to see what people have done inside their trailers. I still work and have a vacation coming up end of July hoping to see some trailers before we make a trek up to Canada to see the Escape factory.
Terry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 05:03 AM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Bigfoot 25RQ
The Oregon Coast gathering is in mid July. You could see a lot then. It is at Bullards Beach near Bandon, Oregon.
July 21-24.
Sandyb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:44 AM   #3

Smile

Thank you. I thought it was in October. I will head in that direction before heading to Canada.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:50 AM   #4

Arrow camping

One more question. Is there one particular camp ground the Escape trailer campers will be at Bullards Beach? If so anyone know the name of it? Thanks.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:51 AM   #5
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
You mean for the Oregon Coast Gathering at Bullard's Beach State Park? Are you asking about which loop? If that's the case, I'd say both A and B loops.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 09:52 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
Thank you. I thought it was in October. I will head in that direction before heading to Canada.
October is the Fall NOG at Nehalem Bay State Park, near Manzanita... on the northern Oregon coast.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:58 AM   #7

Thank you, don't have time off work in Oct. to go to Oregon, someday will be retired then can partake in events. Sandy had said earlier there was a gathering at Bullards Beach near Bandon, Oregon. Was hoping to see some escape trailers and what people have done to them before heading to BC in July. Does anyone know if this gathering is still active and where it is in Bandon?
Old 05-28-2016, 10:10 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
Thank you, don't have time off work in Oct. to go to Oregon, someday will be retired then can partake in events. Sandy had said earlier there was a gathering at Bullards Beach near Bandon, Oregon. Was hoping to see some escape trailers and what people have done to them before heading to BC in July. Does anyone know if this gathering is still active and where it is in Bandon?
2016 Oregon Coast Gathering - July 21-24, 2016
Bullard's Beach State Park, Bandon, Oregon

I think you can see this link: 2016 Oregon Coast Gathering - 14th Annual - Casita Travel Trailer Forum
Old 05-28-2016, 10:12 AM   #9

Trailer: 2016 Escape 19
Terry, the Bullards Beach gathering is still active . It will be our first time there, in our "like new" 2016 Escape 19 . The campground is a couple of miles north of Bandon . When you drive in, I'm sure it'll be pretty evident where some Escape trailers are . Most people are very happy to show their trailer to others . Happy travels !
denjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 03:42 PM   #10

Trailer: 2020 Bigfoot 25RQ
I will have my 2016 5.0 TA there also, in A12. I would be happy to give your a tour of my new trailer too!
Sandyb12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 02:01 AM   #11

Wow, what a nice response from everyone. It is clear where and when the camping near Brandon, Oregon is, thanks to all. See you soon.

Laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better whether by a healthy child, a garden path or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you lived. This is to have succeeded. ~R.W. Emerson
Old 06-13-2016, 01:14 PM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Woo-Hoo!!! After watching the Bullard's Beach website every morning we have at last snagged at spot on B-4 for the rally. We arrive on July 17th and unless we locate another spot in which to move we are scheduled to leave Sat. the 23rd.

We are excited to meet all those we missed 2 years ago when we just happened to camp there the week AFTER the rally.

See y'all there.

Josie and Craig

"Not all those who wander are lost." (J.R.R. Tolkein from Lord of the Rings..."Strider's Poem")
2yax2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 11:24 PM   #13

Trailer: Escape 2017
Hi Terry we ordered a 21 Escape and are going to the gathering to finalize our build sheet also.Do not get the trailer till March but the build sheet is overwhelming...
William Pittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 06:47 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Pittman View Post
Hi Terry we ordered a 21 Escape and are going to the gathering to finalize our build sheet also.Do not get the trailer till March but the build sheet is overwhelming...
If you want custom upholstery, start shopping now! Truly, of all the decisions to make, finding the upholstery took me the most time. Five full months, looking hours every day and going to every single fabric store in the Portland, OR metro area. If you are going with the standard upholstery, you can sweat some other decision
Old 06-24-2016, 07:48 AM   #15

Trailer: Escape 2017
Donna,Thank you for the heads up and I have been looking but its a huge decision.Hoping to view other peoples choices at Bullard in July!Did you end up finding your fabric in Portland or did you go online?We live in Albany right down the freeway.
William Pittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:16 AM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Pittman View Post
Donna,Thank you for the heads up and I have been looking but its a huge decision.Hoping to view other peoples choices at Bullard in July!Did you end up finding your fabric in Portland or did you go online?We live in Albany right down the freeway.
No, not locally. I found it online and had it shipped from Hawaii. BUT, to be certain it was what I wanted, I fortunately found one yard on eBay. Bought that first. When you know what theme or color you want... finding it is a PITA. Upholstery fabric patterns are discontinued rapidly. When you finally find what you want, make certain you purchase enough to make future repairs.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:23 AM   #17

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
No, not locally. I found it online and had it shipped from Hawaii. BUT, to be certain it was what I wanted, I fortunately found one yard on eBay. Bought that first. When you know what theme or color you want... finding it is a PITA. Upholstery fabric patterns are discontinued rapidly. When you finally find what you want, make certain you purchase enough to make future repairs.
When I joined this forum just over a year ago, I started looking around for upholstery that "spoke" to me, after we decided we were definitely going to get an Escape trailer. Or rather, screamed "this is it, you need to buy me". I got samples from various places and looked online and in stores, over quite a bit of time. Donna had made this same comment back then, so as soon as a small fabric swatch started talking to me, I ordered a yard off ebay from Patio Lane. Yep, I was in love. I called Patio Lane and they honored their ebay price (which was lower than on their website), I got free shipping and 20 bucks off as they had a coupon going on at that time. Dang! That 20 yard roll has been sitting in my attic ever since, just waiting for ETI to tell me they need it.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 01:48 PM   #18
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
When I joined this forum just over a year ago, I started looking around for upholstery that "spoke" to me, after we decided we were definitely going to get an Escape trailer. Or rather, screamed "this is it, you need to buy me". I got samples from various places and looked online and in stores, over quite a bit of time. Donna had made this same comment back then, so as soon as a small fabric swatch started talking to me, I ordered a yard off ebay from Patio Lane. Yep, I was in love. I called Patio Lane and they honored their ebay price (which was lower than on their website), I got free shipping and 20 bucks off as they had a coupon going on at that time. Dang! That 20 yard roll has been sitting in my attic ever since, just waiting for ETI to tell me they need it.
Probably soon. They want the fabric early as they have to send it out to get the cushions made. If you get lucky and someone cancels so your build start can happen sooner (ours happened 4 months early) they'll want it ASAP of course!

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:27 PM   #19
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
Probably soon. They want the fabric early as they have to send it out to get the cushions made. If you get lucky and someone cancels so your build start can happen sooner (ours happened 4 months early) they'll want it ASAP of course!

Yep, if you've got it, send it. The guidelines for ours were that Escape wanted the fabric as much in advance as possible - whatever that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk