King of the Wild Frontier Fiberglass Egg Rally - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-14-2017, 10:31 AM   #1

Trailer: 2010 Casita
King of the Wild Frontier Fiberglass Egg Rally

2017 October 11 - 15 King of the Wild Frontier Fiberglass Egg Rally

Come join us for a few days of relaxing camping and fellowship in beautiful eastern Tennessee. We will be meeting at David Crocket Birthplace State campground October 11th - 15th. Come early or stay late to see the change in fall foliage. This will be an informal gathering with activities and entertainment. The campground has been recently renovated and has 40 full hookup sites, 30 sites with water and electric and 18 primitive tent sites. The campground is located near the scenic Nolichucky river. The Nolichucky river boasts some of the best fishing in the area and appears to be kayak and canoe friendly. The campground has 3 pavilions equipped with grills and nearby restrooms. This rally is open to all fiberglass campers and anyone interested in owning a fiberglass camper.

Let me be the only one that makes reservations at the wrong Davey Crocket State campground by using the following phone number to make your reservations - (423) 257-2167 and the address is 1245 Davy Crockett Park Road, Limestone, Tennessee 37681

The following is a tentative schedule for the rally

Wednesday, October 11 thru Sunday, October 15, 2017

Check-in early or stay later.

Wednesday:

5:00 PM Meet and Greet. Location to be determined later.

Thursday:

2:00 PM CAMPGROUND DISCUSSION. Let’s hear about the campgrounds where you have camped. What did you like about them? What did you dislike about them?

5:00 PM KARAOKE/DJ MUSIC Location to be determined later. – Jacquie Waters

Friday:

2:00 PM MAINTENANCE: QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS – Larry Clift, Maynard Waters

5:00 PM Pot Luck Dinner at Campground Pavillion

Saturday:

11:00 AM SOLAR PANELS: QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS - Larry Clift, Campsite 43.

7:00 PM BEER TASTING……Bring your favorite beer or ales to share. The more unique, the better.

Sunday: Saying “Good Byes”

If anyone has any program or presentation that they would like to present to the group, let us know to be added to the agenda.

Attendance is optional at any of the events. Come out and have a great time!

The most current information for the rally can be found on the Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/769402993220782/
beetlefreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:50 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Larry, to our Escape world. I see this is your first post, so tell us a little about this rally, have you had one in the past? Several members here have attended the Townsend Rally held in the Spring, but this date in October should catch the fall foliage in process.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:32 PM   #3

Trailer: 17
I'd also hit one of the worlds largest in-stock, on-hand selection of knives too. 2320 Winfield Dunn Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37876
gocamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 05:32 PM   #4

Trailer: 2016 21' sold, current class C, Now looking
Brenda and I will try to make this. We are just in Cincinnati, so not too far. Is there any good hiking around there?

Don
Don W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 05:47 PM   #5

King of the Wild Frontier Fiberglass Egg Rally

I have been a member of this forum for about a year to learn more about the Escape trailers and owners. I have recently added other fiberglass forums to the ones that I follow in an effort to reach out to as many fiberglass owners as possible and invite them to our rally. I am co-hosting this event with Maynard Waters and it is our first experience hosting a rally. I am very familiar with the different formats for fiberglass rallies as I have attended countless rallies in the last 5 years including 7 so far this year.

We selected David Crockett Birthplace State Park because the area is rich in frontier history and it is close to where Maynard lives. He recently visited the park and had a meeting with the park manager. She is putting together a program to describe the local history and will present it to the rally attendees. We have secured the pavilion next to the campground for some of our activities including the pot luck dinner and at least one evening of musical merriment. There will be information sharing sessions to discuss trailer maintenance items. We are also looking for other information sessions and other activities. If anyone has ideas and is willing to lead the activities please contact Maynard or me. The best way to contact us is through this forum or Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/769402993220782/

We want this rally this rally to be a relaxing and pleasant experience for all attendees. We have planned and scheduled activities but attendance is up to the attendees. There are also plenty other things to do at the campground including boating, fishing, hiking and historical displays to see. We are also hoping for natures display of fall foliage to enhance the experience. Hope to see you there!
Old 06-14-2017, 06:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don W. View Post
Brenda and I will try to make this. We are just in Cincinnati, so not too far. Is there any good hiking around there?

Don
We will contact the park manager concerning the hiking trails. Their website says there are some but the last time I was there was before the renovation and if memory serves they were short trails = less than a mile. I will report back when I find out for sure.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:55 PM   #7

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by beetlefreak View Post
2017 October 11 - 15 King of the Wild Frontier Fiberglass Egg Rally

Let me be the only one that makes reservations at the wrong Davey Crocket State campground by using the following phone number to make your reservations - (423) 257-2167 and the address is 1245 Davy Crockett Park Road, Limestone, Tennessee 37681
Yes, the DAVID Crockett State Park is 345 miles away near Lawrenceburg, TN! I'll already be out west by then, but if you do it again next year I'm game.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:14 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Yes, the DAVID Crockett State Park is 345 miles away near Lawrenceburg, TN! I'll already be out west by then, but if you do it again next year I'm game.
I am famous for making that mistake. Last year I made reservations at the right campground but went to the wrong one. It sure made for a long travel day when I realized what I had done. Don't worry Jon, we are already thinking about next year. Hope to see you out west when we get there.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:10 AM   #9

King of the Wild Frontier Rally

From the park brochure - "Hiking - approximately 2.5 miles of trails range from easy to moderate, providing beautiful views and ample opportunities for wildlife and wildflower viewing." There is also a bicycle trail nearby for those with bikes.
Old 06-15-2017, 01:53 PM   #10

Trailer: Escape 21 November 2014; 2022 GMC 1500 3.0L
Give us a little more notice for next year. Several of us just made reservations for a gathering in Indiana the same weekend.

There are a fair number of Escapes in Tennessee now, so maybe a bunch of us can try your get-together next year.

Good luck, and please post a report after your weekend.
Bill
Bill and Earline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:16 PM   #11

King o the Wild West Fiberglass Egg Rally

So much fun - so little time. We are in the process of planning next year's rally and our experience this year will make it that much better. I am sure you will have a great time at Karen's rally. I wish I could go to all of them too. The announcement for next year should come shortly after the end of this year's rally.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:11 PM   #12

Trailer: 2007 Scamp
Just booked 2 sites by accident. I'll either sell the other site or get it refunded, but I'm obviously attending and looking forward to immediately run to the hills after the inundation of sand, surf and shells.

To help people source out the right campground, here's the link to the reservation page:
https://tnstateparks.itinio.com/davi...402.1499284807