Niagara Wine Escape 2017 - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2017, 09:53 AM   #41

Trailer: 5.0 TA - Sept. 2015, 2016 Silverado 2500 Duramax
We are planning on being there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: All... Calling all 17'er Escape owners. We need some attendees at the 2017 Niagara Wine Escape rally. You would be most welcome as folks there would like a look see at your unit. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Hi Alf et al!!
We are planning on being there again this year! Looking forward to seeing you all and meeting new folks! We are currently in Montana after going to the Osoyoos rally and seeing so many. Alf... you were definitely missed!! Will call the camp ground as soon as we are able!
See you in September!!
Ours is a 2015 5.0TA.
Charlie & Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:48 AM   #42

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie & Lucy View Post
Hi Alf et al!!
We are planning on being there again this year! Looking forward to seeing you all and meeting new folks! We are currently in Montana after going to the Osoyoos rally and seeing so many. Alf... you were definitely missed!! Will call the camp ground as soon as we are able!
See you in September!!
Ours is a 2015 5.0TA.
Hi: Charlie & Lucy... Great news!!! Yes so sorry to have missed the Escape Rally. I'm planning on going next year if the creeks don't rise. Please bring nice weather with you to Niagara Wine Escape and we'll see you there. Alf
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:59 PM   #43

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Hey Alf,
According to the map of the next solar eclipse, April 8, 2024, it will be right over Niagara Falls. Maybe move the rally up to April and we all can experience history together.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:27 PM   #44

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Falls without sun

Hi Jim
I would be game for spring at the Falls. Perhaps I could eclipse my food intake record at Betty's but I'd expect to go again in the Fall. Nothing like fall at the Falls. Stomp them grapes put it in a bottle and send it on down the line.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:32 PM   #45

Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
Problem with Betty's is the senior special fish and chips dinner is so good and such a great deal I can't bring myself to try any of those other great looking dishes.
Walt
Blacksburg, VA
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:44 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
Problem with Betty's is the senior special fish and chips dinner is so good and such a great deal I can't bring myself to try any of those other great looking dishes.
Walt
Hi: WaltP et al... Problem Jon Vermilye has with Betty's Sunday Brunch is they keep running low on the fish dish.
Problem with spring at the Falls is it's Niagara's nicest DAY!!! No Wine Festival either!!! Alf
Attached Thumbnails
P1030849.jpg  
Old 06-22-2017, 04:51 PM   #47

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21
I am seriously considering attending the 2018 Niagara get-together. My youngest son (23) is not all that enthused with camping, but I asked him where he would want to go and he said Niagara. It is on my bucket list, so I told him "let's go".
James Gang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:52 PM   #48

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: WaltP et al... Problem Jon Vermilye has with Betty's Sunday Brunch is they keep running low on the fish dish.
Problem with spring at the Falls is it's Niagara's nicest DAY!!! No Wine Festival either!!! Alf
Oh Alf, not that pic of Jon and Dave sleeping again, oh, wait a minute was that when I said grace

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:24 PM   #49

I'm grateful

I'm not sure if that picture was taken as Adrian asked for the Lord's blessing or just before he started. I might have already been praying that Adrian's address would not go on so long that I missed out on the smoked salmon. I can't speak for Jon, but suspect the same sentiment with the goal of a healthy portion of fish in the offing.
To the James gang:
I'm not tuned in to what young people like to do these days but would mention that everybody seems to enjoy the Falls especially at night, many enjoy the boat rides up into the mist that get you wet, and there is a "ticket" available that allows admission to several venues. Wine tours, fishing, bicycling and just hanging out are all there too. Television reception is excellent as the stations in Buffalo easily transmit to the Riverside campground. So football on Saturday can be viewed. And there's the craziness of the entertainment area of Niagara Falls. She's rocking pretty good up on the hill at night. Whatever you like, Alf can point you in the right direction.
Dave
Old 06-22-2017, 05:29 PM   #50

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
Looking forward the Niagara Wine Escape this year. This will be our first rally with our new 19. We can't wait to participate and meet fellow Escape owners. We're predicting 21 (70) and sunny.
mcdonner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:41 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Gang View Post
I am seriously considering attending the 2018 Niagara get-together. My youngest son (23) is not all that enthused with camping, but I asked him where he would want to go and he said Niagara. It is on my bucket list, so I told him "let's go".
Hi: James Gang... There's lots to do that'll rob you of all your cash!!! http://www.tourismniagara.com We've done most of the tourista things over the years... but It's one reason we hold the rally there. Alf
Old 06-22-2017, 05:47 PM   #52

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Dave, you must know I was just kidding, we weren't even there the year that pic was taken, only time we were we sat opposite Jon, appears Alf was opposite Jon in this pic.

Wish we could be there this year but as you know we shall still be with daughter, son-in-law, granddaughter and new grandchild in Georgia then.

Adrian
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:52 PM   #53

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Here is story from CBC Marketplace about the Niagara Falls Tourist tax that some restaurants tack on to your bill and some do not. Some will also remove it if you tell them to.
Niagara Falls tourism fee called 'ridiculous' as some businesses make it mandatory - Business - CBC News
Old 06-22-2017, 06:05 PM   #54

Pot luck hypnosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
Dave, you must know I was just kidding, we weren't even there the year that pic was taken, only time we were we sat opposite Jon, appears Alf was opposite Jon in this pic.

Wish we could be there this year but as you know we shall still be with daughter, son-in-law, granddaughter and new grandchild in Georgia then.

Adrian
I got to thinking about this picture and decided I was having an attack of postprandial somnalance brought on by excesses at the previous nights' potluck. Though there wasn't any turkey, there was a lot of meat and about all the carbohydrates known to Mario Battalli.
Keep us posted on your timetable.
Dave
Old 06-22-2017, 06:47 PM   #55

Taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Here is story from CBC Marketplace about the Niagara Falls Tourist tax that some restaurants tack on to your bill and some do not. Some will also remove it if you tell them to.
Niagara Falls tourism fee called 'ridiculous' as some businesses make it mandatory - Business - CBC News
While we don't frequent restaurants all that often, it would seem prudent to check on policy before ordering armed with your information Glenn. The $18 or $20 parking fee near the falls seems excessive to me. As I reported once before, we drive up to the falls, my passengers get out and walk the promenade. I purposely get in a lane where people are stopped, standing, out taking selfies or whatever. You can get "stuck" for 10 minutes at a shot. A few of those stops and a loop through "the hill" and I head back down and pick up my passengers with $18 bucks in my pocket and about $3.00 worth of gas out the tailpipe. Works for me. Thanks for the heads up.
Dave
Old 06-22-2017, 09:01 PM   #56

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
I got to thinking about this picture and decided I was having an attack of postprandial somnalance brought on by excesses at the previous nights' potluck. Though there wasn't any turkey, there was a lot of meat and about all the carbohydrates known to Mario Battalli.
Keep us posted on your timetable.
Dave
My excuse too. I'll second that!
Old 06-22-2017, 09:21 PM   #57

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Oh Alf, not that pic of Jon and Dave sleeping again, oh, wait a minute was that when I said grace

Adrian
That's funny Adrian, I was thinking that would be their excuse. Hopefully your saying grace did not put them to sleep.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 10:41 AM   #58

Quote:

Adrian
Hi: emers382... Don't think so. It's probably just that "Narcoleptic state of Grace" brought on by a camping weekend. Alf
Old 06-28-2017, 07:23 PM   #59

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17B
I'm confirmed for both nights in site 64 with my 2015 Escape 17B. Traveling all the way from Buffalo, about a 30 minute drive depending on bridge traffic.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:28 PM   #60

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Boy, you have no excuse to be late.....