Niagara Wine Escape 2020 - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2020, 09:57 AM   #61

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Before we we learned about "candy is dandy but liquor is quicker" we would open the Coke bottle and pour a bag of Planters nuts inside, flip and return and drink our snack while playing cards in the school yard. remember those coolers in the gas station full of chilled water, the customer had to come inside to get a soda......
Old 06-23-2020, 10:11 AM   #62

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Before we we learned about "candy is dandy but liquor is quicker" we would open the Coke bottle and pour a bag of Planters nuts inside, flip and return and drink our snack while playing cards in the school yard. remember those coolers in the gas station full of chilled water, the customer had to come inside to get a soda......
Hi: cpaharley2008... Soda? I thought that was for Scotch. We have Pop... and that's not "Who's your Daddy". Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 02:06 PM   #63

UPDATE as of July 07!!!

Hi: All... At present the rally is on... but in a much modified form. We will not have a Potluck dinner or beer/wine exchange. No visitors will be admitted to the campground to view the trailers and any views will be under strict direction of owners. The authorities in Niagara have let The Riverside CG open but NOT THE WASHROOMS. The border is still closed to cross border travel except for business.
This will change as Ontario opens up. Alf
Old 08-07-2020, 09:46 AM   #64

UPDATE as of Aug. 07

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: All... At present the rally is on... but in a much modified form. We will not have a Potluck dinner or beer/wine exchange. No visitors will be admitted to the campground to view the trailers and any views will be under strict direction of owners. The authorities in Niagara have let The Riverside CG open but NOT THE WASHROOMS. The border is still closed to cross border travel except for business.
Hi: Calling all Canadian Campers. The WASHROOMS are open w/ one shower and 2 toilets/ wash basins in each side for social distancing. Cecelia has asked any attendees to call for rez's... they have lots of sites available!!!
As the song goes "See you in September". Bring a mask and hand sanitizer for your own comfort!!! Alf
Attached Thumbnails
P1040877.jpg  
Old 08-07-2020, 10:20 AM   #65

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:
A rally where the border is closed, social distancing is the rule, no potluck dinner or beer/wine exchange...sound like a hoot. Maybe it is time to break down and buy Walkie Talkies. 'Hey Alf, how's you doin' over there'? Wave your hand holding the bottle of beer and I'll do the same'.
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 11:25 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
A rally where the border is closed, social distancing is the rule, no potluck dinner or beer/wine exchange...sound like a hoot. Maybe it is time to break down and buy Walkie Talkies. 'Hey Alf, how's you doin' over there'? Wave your hand holding the bottle of beer and I'll do the same'.
Hi: Telescopist... I think it's just called "Camping"!!! Alf
Old 08-07-2020, 01:45 PM   #67

Quote:
Hi: Telescopist... I think it's just called "Camping"!!! Alf
Alf, I didn't mean to make light of the Niagara Rally - we were there last year and enjoyed ourselves. So if I gave you that impression, I'm sorry. That said these rallies seem to me to be more in the way of social events not camping experiences. When I think of camping, I think of being under dark skies far enough away from my next neighbor that in the ideal situation I could scream bloody murder and all I would hear in response is a return echo bouncing off some canyon wall. Or, at the very least I could go outside the trailer and take a leak without having to worry about RVs situated 20 away on either side of me.
Old 08-07-2020, 02:56 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
Alf, I didn't mean to make light of the Niagara Rally - we were there last year and enjoyed ourselves. So if I gave you that impression, I'm sorry. That said these rallies seem to me to be more in the way of social events not camping experiences. When I think of camping, I think of being under dark skies far enough away from my next neighbor that in the ideal situation I could scream bloody murder and all I would hear in response is a return echo bouncing off some canyon wall. Or, at the very least I could go outside the trailer and take a leak without having to worry about RVs situated 20 away on either side of me.
Hi: Telescopist... No offence taken!!! For 2020 with all the social events removed it'll be "Just camping". At this point that will be a welcome change. We just returned from a mid week get-a-way with the "Inlaws and outlaws". They have permanent trailers on sites but one won't talk to the other and with us in the middle we were so called distanced!!! Alf
Old 08-07-2020, 03:31 PM   #69

Quote:
Hi: Telescopist... No offence taken!!! For 2020 with all the social events removed it'll be "Just camping". At this point that will be a welcome change. We just returned from a mid week get-a-way with the "Inlaws and outlaws". They have permanent trailers on sites but one won't talk to the other and with us in the middle we were so called distanced!!! Alf
I see your point. No socializing = camping.
Old 08-07-2020, 05:23 PM   #70

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
We would love to come Alf, in fact this year we'd planned a trip to ON late August onto the Maritimes, your rally, then the Mississippi one. That's not happening. We did venture into your fair province a little and picked up our Thunder Bay grandchildren last weekend. We'll be taking them home later this month but will not venture beyond Thunder Bay. It's something about some kind of illness going around.

on edit: plus we would have liked to have finally met Telescopist, but he can't get there either.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 12:06 PM   #71

Camping Rx!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emers382 View Post
We would love to come Alf, in fact this year we'd planned a trip to ON late August onto the Maritimes, your rally, then the Mississippi one. That's not happening. We did venture into your fair province a little and picked up our Thunder Bay grandchildren last weekend. We'll be taking them home later this month but will not venture beyond Thunder Bay. It's something about some kind of illness going around.

on edit: plus we would have liked to have finally met Telescopist, but he can't get there either.
Hi: emers382... As I always say..."Take to Aspirins and call me in the morning"!!! Alf
Old 08-12-2020, 03:16 PM   #72

Niagara Wine Escape 2020

Hi: All... Calling all those Canadian campers with "Cabin fever". Grab a "Rez" at the Riverside Campground and Motel in Niagara Falls Ontario. Even without the shared meals we can mask up and enjoy being at arms length around the campfire. A mask might help to ward off the smoke. You won't know till you try it!!! Alf
Old 08-12-2020, 04:09 PM   #73

Trailer: 2017 21' Escape as of 01/16/17
Enjoy the rally! Hopefully, we can join you next year!!!

Fred M.

"Whoever said retirement was overrated...
...never had an Escape"
Red Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 04:50 PM   #74

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
The Gear are Turning...

Doug in London, this side of the pond
Old 08-12-2020, 07:17 PM   #75

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 16 SD (sold), 2020 Escape 19
Maybe we'll be there next year in a New Escape!
Probably should have bought Adrian's last Escape back when we had the chance but we are scheduled to pick our 19' up in Sumas in October!
Old 08-12-2020, 07:36 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radar1 View Post
Maybe we'll be there next year in a New Escape!
Probably should have bought Adrian's last Escape back when we had the chance but we are scheduled to pick our 19' up in Sumas in October!
Hi: Radar1... Congraduations!!! We'll be waiting with baited breath. Alf
Old 08-12-2020, 07:39 PM   #77

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
No Go this year.

We made it to this fete for 6 straight years and surely would have made it this year too but alas, it wasn’t meant to be. And man I hate to drink alone but you gotta do what you gotta do. Hope all the great Canadian folks have a good time. And you too Alf.
Iowa Dave
Attached Thumbnails
0DB33AD1-6953-42C7-9B23-093219B64AB1.jpg  
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 01:30 PM   #78

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Just heard the announcement that the border would be closed until September 21, so I reluctantly called & canceled my reservation. Got an interesting reply - I didn't have one. Seems they had some computer problems & mine disappeared.

Hope all the Canadians have a great rally!
Old 08-14-2020, 01:54 PM   #79

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
I too have just cancelled my reservation for the rally. This would have been my first time at this rally and the first time with the Escape. Hope to see everyone next year.
Old 08-14-2020, 02:26 PM   #80

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Terrapin"
I know, bummer. When we decided to go to our first rally I had my reservations as to whether it would be for me. We gave it a shot and had one of the best times ever. Just a fantastic bunch of people. We were already planning to bring our big tub of chocolates. This would have been our 4th year and I even won a free night of camping last year in the raffle. I wonder if Cecilia will honor it next year. If not, maybe I can trade it for a wheel barrow full of wood.