Niagara Wine Escape 2022 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2022, 01:06 PM   #21

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsCamino View Post
Does Canada still require proof of a vax for entry ??
I was just on the site this morning.

With few exceptions, you are required to be fully vaxed to enter Canada, but don’t need a COVID test anymore.

You do need (mandatory) to use the ArriveCan app or website within 72 hours of your entry and provide your passport and vax info and answer the usual COVID questions.

As usual all this might change by Sept.
camp4528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 01:19 PM   #22

Trailer: None yet
Thanks
BillsCamino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 12:47 PM   #23

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
We are going to try and make it up this year just to look around! We lost our 5.0TA in an accident recently. If anyone is considering selling their Escape (any model considered but prefer a 5.0TA) and wanting to make a one way trip to the rally with it, hit me up…..We live very close on the USA side in Niagara Falls. Hope to meet some folks that we have chatted with,,,thanks!
Suregrip391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 01:06 PM   #24

Trailer: None yet
Go Bills !!!!!!!!
BillsCamino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 02:56 AM   #25
Nan

Trailer: 2023 5.0
Newbies Coming to rally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan View Post
So if we are wannabe Escape owners, can we just show up on Saturday for the open trailer time? We have a 5.0 on order, but haven’t configured it as yet.
We just made reservations at the campground hotel, since we don’t have our trailer as yet. We are very excited to come to the open trailer time and get everyone’s advice. I am also thinking of buying an ebike, so I would love to hear how you feel about yours. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Nan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 12:04 PM   #26

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
We just made reservations at the campground hotel, since we don’t have our trailer as yet. We are very excited to come to the open trailer time and get everyone’s advice. I am also thinking of buying an ebike, so I would love to hear how you feel about yours. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Hi: Nan... It's a quaint little Motel but OK for viewing fiberglass trailers. There's lots to do around the area so look forward to meeting you there!!! I'm thinking about an ebike too. I like the Reid ebikes mfg'd in Austrailia. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 07:10 PM   #27

Hi: All... Looks like we're playing with a full deck. Sorry to say no Sun. brunch at Betty's though. They will be open for breakfast.
Old 09-10-2022, 03:48 AM   #28
Nan

Bringing food over the border

We are getting set for our trip to the rally and I just looked up the food restrictions regarding what can be brought across the border into Canada. It looks fairly open as long as it is not meat or fish. Has anyone had problems with fruit, or vegetables? It seems like I read a post somewhere that indicated that the poster had food confiscated.
Old 09-10-2022, 08:47 AM   #29

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA
We had the original vaccine but none of the following will we be able to get in?
Old 09-10-2022, 09:04 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmel Clown View Post
We had the original vaccine but none of the following will we be able to get in?
Hi: Carmel Clown... I'd check with the Arrive Can app. So looking forward to meet you. Alf
Old 09-10-2022, 09:10 AM   #31

Quote:
We are getting set for our trip to the rally and I just looked up the food restrictions regarding what can be brought across the border into Canada. It looks fairly open as long as it is not meat or fish. Has anyone had problems with fruit, or vegetables? It seems like I read a post somewhere that indicated that the poster had food confiscated.
Hi: Nan... Opened bags of dog food are not allowed. Sealed ones are ok. Getting back into the US after being in Canada is another matter. It seems to depend on the mood of the inspecting border officer. Looking forward to meeting you. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie.
Old 09-10-2022, 09:36 AM   #32
Nan

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Nan... Opened bags of dog food are not allowed. Sealed ones are ok. Getting back into the US after being in Canada is another matter. It seems to depend on the mood of the inspecting border officer. Looking forward to meeting you. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie.
Thanks for the info, Alf. We look forward to meeting everyone as well.

So some things never change. I grew up in Detroit and we used to run over to Windsor and to go camping on Lake Erie in the 70s and it was same. Easy in, but not out over the border back. I had a friend that had their Adidas turn apart for some reason. I guess the border guards thought they looked disreputable somehow.
Old 09-10-2022, 03:04 PM   #33

Trailer: Looking for 15b
Fruits and vegetables that are grown in Canada are not allowed in - apples, pears, plums, apricots, peaches, blueberries, corn etc. Also they weren’t letting eggs in, not sure if that has changed.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 08:53 PM   #34

Trailer: 2016 Escape 5.0TA, 2022 F150 2.7EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
Fruits and vegetables that are grown in Canada are not allowed in - apples, pears, plums, apricots, peaches, blueberries, corn etc. Also they weren’t letting eggs in, not sure if that has changed.
No fresh fruits or veg are allowed into the US even if originating there. Chicken and eggs still banned as well. Alf commented about the individual border guard. Entering the US (for our 45 minute trip before reentering Canada) yesterday at Warroad MN we were greeted by two guards and I commented, was told soon to be three, and there were. They wanted to greet our dog, didn't want to see papers and before they asked I said no meat, fruit or veg and they said I sure knew the rules. We find they're always friendly at that crossing. Funny story there, may have told it before...

Crossing in our son's van at Warroad some years ago with their four kids, the officer asked to open the back, which I did, he looked back there and suddenly we heard, "Whose guns are these?" in a gruff voice. Our grandsons in the back seat cringed as they owned the nerf guns. He then said, "Don't you know you have to declare guns entering the US?" all in fun of course. The boys won't forget that trip though.
emers382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 09:00 PM   #35

Trailer: Looking for 15b
Emers382 I was responding to the question re bringing fresh fruits and vegetables into Canada but now you have the other end covered too
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 09:55 PM   #36

Hi: emers382... At our busy border crossings we have found humour is not in the officers repertoire. Once, on the way back into Canada, I was asked "What was the purpose of your vacation". I did my best Jack Benny impression and the officer said "Oh I guess I just answered my own question". "Have a nice day"!!! Alf
Old 09-11-2022, 09:45 AM   #37

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Speaking of Jack Benny, you know why he started that classic holding one arm up to his cheek stature? Supposedly he had just been slapped off stage by a chorus girl and he had to cover the slap mark on his cheek,,,,,,
Old 09-11-2022, 05:57 PM   #38

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 Tow: 2024 Toyota Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: emers382... At our busy border crossings we have found humour is not in the officers repertoire.
Indeed. I've learned not to joke with the border people, or even take the bait. In 2018 I visited Minnesota's Northwest Angle, separated by water from the rest of the U.S. I called in to Border Protection via phone as required, and was asked by the officer why I was there:

"I'm here to eat lunch." Well, I was.
"You came from Florida just to eat lunch at the Angle?!" he replied.
"No-- I'm on my way to Winnipeg and wanted to check this place out."

I was on my way to the Boler 50 rally. I had a good chicken sandwich at the Angle.
Attached Thumbnails
20180815_nw_angle_phone_2.jpg  
Mike Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 06:00 PM   #39

Trailer: 2022 Escape 5.0
Hello All,

Well, a mix of good & bad news on all fronts here.

Good news is that my house unexpectedly sold at the end of August. That leads to the bad news that I won't be able to attend the Wine Escape as planned - needing to get organized for the movers next week. Quite enjoyed it last year, so am definitely planning to be there again next year.

Other good news is that my 5.0 should go into production this week. Possible bad news there is that ETI is still having supply chain issues, & production could take up to 10 weeks...which could mean a snowy trip from Bob's Burgers back to Pittsburgh for this newbie.

Ahhh, life's an adventure!

There are no solutions. There are only trade-offs.
- Thomas Sowell
Lorraine Pittsburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2022, 10:55 AM   #40

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Pittsburgh View Post
Hello All,

Well, a mix of good & bad news on all fronts here.

Good news is that my house unexpectedly sold at the end of August. That leads to the bad news that I won't be able to attend the Wine Escape as planned - needing to get organized for the movers next week. Quite enjoyed it last year, so am definitely planning to be there again next year.

Other good news is that my 5.0 should go into production this week. Possible bad news there is that ETI is still having supply chain issues, & production could take up to 10 weeks...which could mean a snowy trip from Bob's Burgers back to Pittsburgh for this newbie.

Ahhh, life's an adventure!
and you will have many more once you get your new Escape......