Phish tour anyone? - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2021, 01:55 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 5.0
Phish tour anyone?

Yes I know this forum is for all things Escape, but I'm wondering if there's any subset of Escape owners that may also be Phishheads like me. Other than the shows they play here in my hometown of Lake Tahoe, my shows always involve a trip and campout in my RV...which is now an Escape! This year's tour was just announced last week:
https://phish.com/news/phish-announc...021-tourdates/

Will there be any other Escapes on this tour besides mine?
Old 05-17-2021, 07:03 PM   #2

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
I was here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_%2788 Living the ski bum life in Telluride in the early eighties. Skiing days and working nights in the restaurants I saw them at the Fly me to the Moon Saloon and the Roma across the street, lots of fun.
Daphne and I weren't able to get tickets to see them when they played in Telluride in 2010. They set aside tickets for locals of San Miguel county but we were living over in Ouray county by then. I also saw them once when visiting my sister and brother in law out in California they were in Davis and we went to Sacramento to see them.
I was more of a Deadhead but I like Phish a lot. I guess I'm mostly over big venue concerts I was lucky to see a lot of great shows in small venues and it has spoiled me for 28,000 person arenas. Still we would go if they were close by and we could get tickets.
I know I don't need to tell you to have fun
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 08:14 AM   #3

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C -- 2018 GMC Canyon
Panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeJoe View Post
wondering if there's any subset of Escape owners that may also be Phishheads like me.
Pleasantly surprised to see this post. Although, guess I shouldn't be since the army that toured in the 80's-90's would now be the age group buying RV's.

Caught Phish a couple dozen times at various venues throughout the US but that was more to travel & hang with a very good friend who is a crazy fan. Much more into Widespread Panic and that's where all the travel funds go now.

Enjoy though, I definitely get the attraction!
heavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 09:00 AM   #4

Trailer: 2018,5.0 TA
Saw Widespread Panic in their early days in Telluride as well. Was working at the Silver Glade Restaurant with a guy named Bear from Athens who was friends with the band. He sent them the post card from Aspen while a bit drunk that Postcard was written about. Partied with them after work when they rolled into town, but could not keep up.
DanandDaphne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2021, 10:21 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanandDaphne View Post
I was here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_%2788 Living the ski bum life in Telluride in the early eighties. Skiing days and working nights in the restaurants I saw them at the Fly me to the Moon Saloon and the Roma across the street, lots of fun.
Daphne and I weren't able to get tickets to see them when they played in Telluride in 2010. They set aside tickets for locals of San Miguel county but we were living over in Ouray county by then. I also saw them once when visiting my sister and brother in law out in California they were in Davis and we went to Sacramento to see them.
I was more of a Deadhead but I like Phish a lot. I guess I'm mostly over big venue concerts I was lucky to see a lot of great shows in small venues and it has spoiled me for 28,000 person arenas. Still we would go if they were close by and we could get tickets.
I know I don't need to tell you to have fun
Good times and great memories...I hear ya on the big venues, I'm spoiled myself as we usually seek out the smaller festivals and venues but I am going to be less picky this year because I've got a lot of pent-up demand from not seeing any live music for so long! Luckily the Tahoe shows are small, and so are the Eugene shows which I'll be doing for sure. Everyone tells me I need to do the Denver shows (Dick's in Commerce City) as it's supposed to be great, even though they are huge. What I'm doing now is trying to mesh some shows with my annual cross country RV trip, and I think how that will work is Tahoe --> Dick's --> cross country and back in time for the other west coast shows. I scored a campsite at Cherry Creek State Park for the Dick's shows, now all I need is some tickets!
Old 05-18-2021, 10:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
Pleasantly surprised to see this post. Although, guess I shouldn't be since the army that toured in the 80's-90's would now be the age group buying RV's.

Caught Phish a couple dozen times at various venues throughout the US but that was more to travel & hang with a very good friend who is a crazy fan. Much more into Widespread Panic and that's where all the travel funds go now.

Enjoy though, I definitely get the attraction!
I'm from the South originally so yeah I know all about the Widespread scene...they are doing 3 nights at Red Rocks! https://widespreadpanic.com/shows/

Anyways yeah my wife likes to joke how the Phish shows are no longer just young partying dirt bags, now the fans are older and have more money...and RV's instead of tents!
Old 05-18-2021, 01:48 PM   #7

Trailer: 2012 E19
Phish? Widespread Panic? Never heard of 'em until now! I guess I am really 'out of it.'
Old 05-19-2021, 07:20 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeJoe View Post
Anyways yeah my wife likes to joke how the Phish shows are no longer just young partying dirt bags, now the fans are older and have more money...and RV's instead of tents!
Ha ha ha, I think your wife is pretty spot on.

Red Rocks not in the cards this year, but is on the bucket list
Old 05-19-2021, 07:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike G View Post
Phish? Widespread Panic? Never heard of 'em until now! I guess I am really 'out of it.'
Not surprised, little to no much radio play for those bands.