Pink Elephant, June 21-23, 2024 - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2024, 11:47 AM   #21

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
No dentures, two canines with me at all times and one canine that saves me the cost of an alarm clock.
We all get flu shots but I’m the only one who has a shot pretty often from a bottle.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-04-2024, 09:41 AM   #22

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud 1988
I know of a site opening up for the Pink Elephant rally. PM me if you are interested, and we can see if a connection can be made. The rest of the campground is full last time we checked.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 02:11 PM   #23

Trailer: 2023 21
I am in site 8

Bill & Marla
Traverson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 04:14 PM   #24

Hi Bill
We had 8 in 2019. Nice site with plenty of shade and easy in and out. Hope to catch up on your adventures with the 21. Been buying some black dirt from M and K and hitting the Palisades for park inspection duty about every 10 days. Haven’t been there since they started working on the road.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-05-2024, 09:04 PM   #25

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud 1988
I am reposting this. If you want to come, let me know. I have a lead on a spot that is can't be used by someone on Facebook.

Send me a private message, and I will help you contact her. First come first served.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2024, 11:01 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Bill
We had 8 in 2019. Nice site with plenty of shade and easy in and out. Hope to catch up on your adventures with the 21. Been buying some black dirt from M and K and hitting the Palisades for park inspection duty about every 10 days. Havenít been there since they started working on the road.
Iowa Dave
This will be the first time at this park for us. We are looking forward to it.
Old 06-13-2024, 02:59 PM   #27

Trailer: 2023 5.0 TA
Hello Everyone, I just got back from the hospital form a freak unexpected emergency surgery so I'll need to cxl my reservation at Pikes Peak. I think I'm site 53 (I'll need to confirm that) but can coordinate the cxling of it to coordinate with someone who might want it. PM me if you're interested.
Old 06-13-2024, 09:27 PM   #28

Sorry to hear you can’t make it. Your rig would have classed up the place.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-14-2024, 11:03 AM   #29

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
The Pink Elephant Rally at Pikeís Peak State Park (Iowa) is only a week away! Weíve had a couple cancelations, but the campground still looks almost totally full.

Here is an update on travel and schedule for the rally:
1. Due to street construction on the west end of Main Street in McGregor, it will be very difficult to bring your camper through downtown. Please use Highway 18 west of the Mississippi bridge until you reach the top of the long uphill grade. Then, turn left on Business 18 and follow it into town from the west. When you reach the Catholic Church intersection (west end of Main Street), continue on through on County Road X56, up the hill out of town south. The entrance to Pikeís Peak State Park is a couple miles on the left. Signs clearly mark the way. There is a detour through McGregor for your tow vehicles to get to the quaint downtown, but they donít advise trailers on that route.

2. If anyone is interested in joining Cindy and me for supper Thursday evening in McGregor, please let us know so we can contact the restaurant with an anticipated number. We are planning on a 5:30 supper at the Backwoods Bar and Grill overlooking the Mississippi River (111 1st St.). They are open for supper in Thursday nights from 4 - 7 p.m. and have a varied menu of sandwiches, salads, pizza, full dinners, and such.

3. We will have coffee (reg and decaf) at our site (39) from 7:30 - 9 a.m. on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We will also have a few breakfast snacks, but feel free to bring anything you would like, too. Plan to bring your own coffee mugs!

4. On Friday evening from 6:30 - ?, we will have a snacks and beverages gathering at the stone shelter house sponsored by Escape Trailers. Thanks, Escape and their ambassadors Steve and Anita Marchfield! Please bring your own favorite beverages and we will have a cheese tray, veggie tray, ham roll ups tray, and a mixed sandwich trayÖ just some light things for an after-supper gathering. Again, feel free to bring anything you would like to share.

5. Our Saturday evening pot-luck supper will also be at the stone shelter house at 5:30 p.m. Cindy and I will be furnishing deli roasted chicken pieces, so please bring other dishes to share. Weíll take our chances with not having assigned types of food, so hopefully we wonít have 20 dishes of mac & cheese! Please bring your own plates, silverware, and beverages.

6. Weíve been advised by a friend in McGregor that the gnats are on a rampage this season, so be prepared for little flying critters. Also, scattered thunderstorms are predicted along with warm temps.

See you all next week! Cindy and I will be arriving on Sunday, June 16, to do some sightseeing before the rally gets going, but weíll be at our site every day by later afternoon.
KevinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2024, 11:06 AM   #30

Jeremy,
Sorry you canít join us this year. Hopefully you will recover quickly and get back out on the road!

Kevin
Old 06-14-2024, 12:10 PM   #31

Thanks so much for your rundown on the rally activities. We will be happy to be back at Pikes Peak. Rita advises that the product Bug Soother works well on those pesky gnats.
I’ve also used skin so soft (kinda greasy) and imitation vanilla ( unique odor). I never used real vanilla but have downed a few shots in a weak moment.

In addition be aware that highway 13 is closed between Manchester and highway 3 West of
Edgewood.

I will have a supply of Iowa Roadmaps at our site. With one of those you will be able to get so turned around that you will either park on the side of the road and cry or stumble into a small town with some of the friendliest people on earth having a cold beer in the only tavern in town.

I’ll have the manometer along if anyone wants to check their regulator pressure and my little air compressor in case anyone senses a low tire.

Let me know if there’s anything you think of that I could bring along. Be glad to help.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-14-2024, 05:12 PM   #32

Thanks, Dave. For folks planning to come up highway 13 from south of Manchester, IA, perhaps taking 20 east and 52 north would be the best way. They can take 52 all the way to 18 or turn east on Clayton Rd. at Garnavillo for a scenic drive to the park.
Old 06-14-2024, 05:43 PM   #33

Trailer: A lovely 2017 Escape 21C
Kevin,

You can count Anita and I in for dinner on Thursday. I'm always up for a good local bar and grill.
Old 06-14-2024, 06:20 PM   #34

Detour

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinA View Post
Thanks, Dave. For folks planning to come up highway 13 from south of Manchester, IA, perhaps taking 20 east and 52 north would be the best way. They can take 52 all the way to 18 or turn east on Clayton Rd. at Garnavillo for a scenic drive to the park.
That’s a good road. We took it last fall on our way to Wisconsin. Garnvillo is a nice town with a beautiful little one block square city park. A nice place for lunch.
There’s quite a few north — south roads to get around the detour. All are pretty good including the county blacktops. 55 mph on all of them.

I called the restaurant today, they have dining on the porch too. Dogs are allowed on the porch but not inside. The brisket Philly sounded pretty good.

Iowa Dave
Old 06-15-2024, 04:16 PM   #35

We’re going to try out the Backwoods Grill on Tuesday evening and we’ll check about reserved seating for the porch on Thursday at 5:30. Weather permitting, of course.
Old 06-15-2024, 04:40 PM   #36

Good.
Shouldn’t be too busy on a Thursday I wouldn’t think. My Son-in Law and Grandson will be at Big springs north of Elkader camping and fishing early in the week. Grandson is 7 and just has to catch a trout bigger than his 16 year old brother caught back 9 years ago. Not that we’re competitive at all.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-16-2024, 08:47 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Good.
Shouldnít be too busy on a Thursday I wouldnít think. My Son-in Law and Grandson will be at Big springs north of Elkader camping and fishing early in the week. Grandson is 7 and just has to catch a trout bigger than his 16 year old brother caught back 9 years ago. Not that weíre competitive at all.
Iowa Dave
I have camped at Big Springs a couple of times. Nice camp site and good fishing.
Old 06-16-2024, 09:02 AM   #38

Bill and Marla are in for dinner Thursday.
Old 06-16-2024, 02:30 PM   #39

Full Moon 9:08 PM next Friday night. No….. not the kind you saw at Stop lights while in high school or College.
Iowa Dave

Algonac a couple years ago
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4597.jpg  
Old 06-17-2024, 08:48 AM   #40

Trailer: 2022 Escape 21, previous 93 19 ft Bigfoot
Count us in for Thur dinner

David and Susan to go out for Thurs dinner. (Site 44)
revdavid is offline   Reply With Quote