Quartzsite anyone? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2021, 10:43 PM   #21

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Jon you now have to pay 40.00 ? Thought blm land is free for 2 weeks ? Confused ! Pat
The fee is only for the long term visitor areas (LTVA).
Old 12-04-2021, 11:21 PM   #22

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Looking forward to being at Quartzite again this year. It will be my second time and look forward to seeing everyone.
Mary O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:28 PM   #23

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
The fee is only for the long term visitor areas (LTVA).
Thanks Dave ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 11:59 PM   #24

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15 B. Room4Two
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Did he cook it in bacon fat, that is my secret......
I don’t know how he cooked it. I don’t think it would have mattered. Nine hunters spit it out or buried it when he had his back turned. One guy gave his to the camp dog.

The dog immediately started licking its rear to get the taste out.
ghosthunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 06:09 PM   #25

Trailer: 2007 Escxape 17B
We are new to us Escape Owners, from British Columbia. We are heading to AZ early Jan, have a few state parks booked. If we go to the Fibreglass Rally, do we just set up anywhere, or do we camp near other Escapes?
Akacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 06:58 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akacake View Post
We are new to us Escape Owners, from British Columbia. We are heading to AZ early Jan, have a few state parks booked. If we go to the Fibreglass Rally, do we just set up anywhere, or do we camp near other Escapes?
Anywhere is fine. No requirements that folks park next to owners of the same trailer.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:57 PM   #27

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Anywhere is fine. No requirements that folks park next to owners of the same trailer.
But we seem to,

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 11:00 AM   #28

Trailer: 2020 21C
We are planning on being there
randynjill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 11:41 AM   #29

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA pulled by Ram 3500 diesel dually
The Long Term Visitor Area(s) have the fee because they provide water & trash dumpster. The other hundreds of acres surrounding Q are designated as short-term (max 2 weeks but not closely monitored unless you are making a nuisance and/or trashing the space). Using these areas requires up to about a 5 mile drive into town for water/trash/dump/propane in Q. During the winter you need to “register” with hosts that are near the beginning of the 14-day camping areas so that usage can be tracked. No dumping of gray water on BLM land (or anywhere in AZ) without risking a fine. From early Jan to late Feb the desert really fills up with RVs due to large groups (like the FG group) gathering. I have camped with up to 4 different groups all around Q during that time.
Old 12-08-2021, 01:24 PM   #30

Trailer: 2015 Dynamax DX3-37RB
Any truth to the rumor that QZ will be giving away free cases of covid?
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 03:18 PM   #31

Trailer: 2019 E19
Interesting rumor.

Up 'til now, the cases are given out to anyone. Subsequent costs are borne by the infirm.

Seriously, https://www.azdhs.gov/covid19/data/index.php will give you the "best current" numbers. Just click on "Data" from the home page and pick the window that best suits your concern. Be advised, that the numbers are updated daily for dates during the last 7 days. Accuracy is not guaranteed.

Stay healthy!
wackyburggeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 04:40 PM   #32

Trailer: 2018 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Casita Owner Considering a 5.0!

Hi All,

I'm currently in Desert Hot Springs in my 2018 Casita. I'm just pondering putting down a deposit on a 5.0TA. The delivery now is out to March, 2024. I'd love to swing by Quartzsite in February, if I thought I would have a chance to take a look at any of your all 5.0's while I'm there. Looks like, from here, there might be at least a few of you there at that time?

thanks,

karen
karwask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 06:41 PM   #33

Trailer: 2016 Escape 21 "BE NICE"
Enjoyed the 2019 Eggshell Rally, but this time I’m hoping to meet folks at the RTR in January. We’ll be there Jan 26-29th. Stop by if you’re in the area…we’ll be flying the WSU Cougar flag.
dbawden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 04:19 AM   #34

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21'
Quote:
Originally Posted by azjack View Post
We plan on being there, unless we are scared off.
AZjack

Me too, first time.
Nova Kool RFU6800
GeorgiaBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 08:30 AM   #35

Trailer: gone, 19 and 21 & 17B with 5.0 now. gone
Q-site &Palm Springs

Karen, our plans are to be at Qsite Jan 25-30, Palm Springs KOA Feb 1 to the 6th and back to Quite Feb 7 to 11 and you are welcome to look at our Escape 5.0. We also have a Maroon Ram if you look for us.
AZjack
azjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 12:32 PM   #36

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Well it's the new year and the date that we would leave for Q'site and Baja draws closer. But, sadly, we've come to the decision that for the second year in a row there'll be no traveling south for us just yet. Things are just too crazy and unstable for our comfort level.

I'll look at the photos etc. posted about Q'site with envy. Hopefully next year for sure.

So the next trailer use for us will be when the ice is off the lakes in BC and then the rally in Osoyoos.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 03:13 PM   #37

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
This is very disappointing news, Ron, but understandable. I want to go because first, I need the distraction, second, more than ever been thinking about my bucket list and adding the Baja to it, and third, I need the distraction.

Three days ago we had four friends over for a Lentil soup party but just yesterday got told Ken and Joy are now waiting for their Omicron test results. Told us they found out their grown grand-daughter, who came to their house on Christmas Day, did not get her shots and now has tested positive for the virus.

So where does that leave us? We got our shots, as have our party guests, but the thing is so transmissible -- why take a chance? Just to be safe now Ken and Joy await their Omicron test results. Nothing any senior should take lightly - have also added testing to my bucket list.
Attached Thumbnails
Q-Ron1.jpg  
Old 01-05-2022, 04:03 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Well it's the new year and the date that we would leave for Q'site and Baja draws closer. But, sadly, we've come to the decision that for the second year in a row there'll be no traveling south for us just yet. Things are just too crazy and unstable for our comfort level.

I'll look at the photos etc. posted about Q'site with envy. Hopefully next year for sure.

So the next trailer use for us will be when the ice is off the lakes in BC and then the rally in Osoyoos.

Ron
Ron was looking forward to seeing you and Michelle. However we may not be going either . Coming home on the 101 Our first camping trip in 2 years ,in the pouring rain got in a accident and now am putting the truck back together . Just couldn’t stop but saved us from going in the ditch or trailer turning over . We had rain here that was very bad . Our truck being a old girl didn’t suffer as bad as the Toyota we ran into to . Very time consuming getting all the parts needed and then I need to put on . Don’t want truck going to a repair shop . I can do what is needed and then the mechanic I do trust check her out . So hopefully we all can be together next year . You guys take care ! Pat and Linda
Old 01-05-2022, 04:05 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
This is very disappointing news, Ron, but understandable. I want to go because first, I need the distraction, second, more than ever been thinking about my bucket list and adding the Baja to it, and third, I need the distraction.

Three days ago we had four friends over for a Lentil soup party but just yesterday got told Ken and Joy are now waiting for their Omicron test results. Told us they found out their grown grand-daughter, who came to their house on Christmas Day, did not get her shots and now has tested positive for the virus.

So where does that leave us? We got our shots, as have our party guests, but the thing is so transmissible -- why take a chance? Just to be safe now Ken and Joy await their Omicron test results. Nothing any senior should take lightly - have also added testing to my bucket list.
Myron hoping you and Nancy dodged the virus and are well ! Pat and Linda
Old 01-05-2022, 04:41 PM   #40

Trailer: 2019 E19
I won't claim to be a professional in the field of health care and infectious diseases, but I live in Arizona, and will attest to the fact that only in metropolitan Tucson, Phoenix, and Flagstaff will you find significant numbers of people wearing face masks. Restaurants are open, bars are open, and the populations appears to feel uninfectable. I respect the views of people who think that this is a hoax, or the flu, or some kind of conspiracy, but don't agree with their opinions. I won't go to Quartzsite this year, but wish those who do, to stay safe and enjoy the weather here in the Sonoran desert.
Hope to see you on the road this year, but not on the way to Quartzsite!
wackyburggeezer is offline   Reply With Quote