Spring Fling - Chocorua NH May 17 - 20 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Camping | Places, Gear and Planning > Rallies, Get-togethers, Gatherings or Events
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2017, 04:50 PM   #1

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Spring Fling - Chocorua NH May 17 - 20

I'm posting here for the host, Gerry:

Our 2nd year at hosting at Chocorua Camping Village, KOA, in the White Mountains and Lake region of New Hampshire, will be set for May 17 through the 20th.
The rates rally members get, depending on how many sites we can fill, will still be almost half of the normal rate at:
20 - 30 sites, $42/prime & $53/ Deluxe waterfront;
30 - 40 sites, $38/ prime & $49/ Deluxe;
over 40 sites, $33/prime & $44/Deluxe

Campground # 603-323-8536
Or 888-237-8642

They will take reservations NOW for this event and remember to tell the person or if making reservation on line that your making it for the Spring Fling Rally so we can keep count and get the best discount.

Looking forward to seeing all the great people from last year and more Camping friends at our 2nd yearly event in 2018.

Here are some photos from last year: Spring Fling, 2017
Old 09-02-2017, 08:17 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
Very nice as a new 21 foot owner and an accomplished fiddle player we may show up to annoy !
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:23 AM   #3

Trailer: 2014 17b/ 2012 Chevy Colorado
We would be interested in attending if we get back from out West in time. Would we have any chance of reserving space a few weeks before the event? Your "schedulefobic" friends.
yardsale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:30 AM   #4

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
If you really think you'll go, I'd suggest making reservations, you can always cancel them. Last year those who booked late ended up in small tight spots kind of away from things. I'd try to get a site near the pavilion.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:35 AM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Last year we had reservations for this rally but at the last moment decided to drive another 5,000 miles to go west and attend the Osoyoos Rally. But we have to consider our canine companion who is declining in health, Franklin will be 14 in January. The nice thing about KOA is a small cancellation fee as long as you follow their 48 hour rule.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:34 PM   #6

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Here are some photos from last year: Spring Fling, 2017
Jon: I knew your photo "An Arriving Scamp 16" looked familiar. It was my father's that we sold early last year. Recognized the LED taillights and outside spray port I added. The new owners are Korin and Jeff who run a camping website called modcamper modern camper's marketplace - Mod Camper. They are super nice and would be hard to forget with their 5 or 6 chihuahuas.
rubicon327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 07:58 PM   #7

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Host Gerry has posted the rally itinerary on FiberglassRV. See link or just read what I pasted below.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post684383

Got the approval on the 2018 Schedule of Events from the owner and below is an outline of what we will be doing this year. You still will get a Welcome Packet upon arrival and a reminder that spots are filling up by campers so all you who are thinking of coming get your reservations.

Thur. 17 / 1:00 - 6:00pm Check in and Settle in
Get checked in with our friendly office staff and orientate yourself with the campground layout, On you way by, Stop by Site #49 and pick up your Spring Fling Welcome packet and your raffle ticket to *Win the Big Door Prize* to be awarded after the Pot Luck Supper on Friday.

6:00pm Cheese and Crackers "Meet & Greet"
"COME ON DOWN" and enjoy some munchies at the Pavilion and mingle with other Spring Flingers and enjoy the fire in the Common Area. Bring your own beverage.

9:00pm Walk the "Planks"
We'll guide you to the Trail to Wabinaki Lodge and across the Marsh. Bring your Flash Light.

Day 2- Friday 18th
6:30 - 8:00am Early Bird Morning Coffee will be brewing down in the Pavilion.

10:00am Painting with Sandy (not just for the Gals)
Under the guiding hands of Sandy you will paint a fantastic picture that will be worthy of hanging. For a minimal cost, to cover cost of materials, you'll enjoy this activity and have a picture to remember your stay at the Spring Fling.

2:30pm Cook at Camp and recipe Swap
Get down to the Pavilion to see "What's Cookin" and bring along a favorite camp recipe to share. Your hosts Gerry and Barb will give a demonstration on how they cook-up some of their favorite dishes and you'll be able to sample the finished product.

5:00pm Pot-Luck Supper at the Pavilion
Important do not forget to bring your raffle tickets!!!
we get you started with a piece of Chicken and you bring the rest! Bring down an entree or side dish to share. Vegies / Salads / Deserts, Hot or cold dishes...what ever you'd like to share. Remember to bring your own Silverware, Dish and Drinks. There will be a raffle of some camp gifts after the supper.

Day 3 Sat. 19th
6:30 - 8:00 am - Early Bird morning Coffee

9:30am - Shine and Show All who want to join, Meet at the Pavilion for a walk around.
Check out all the Fiberglass campers that have come to the Spring Fling. Talk to the owners and they'll be glad to share ideas, or the pro's and con's of their models. Future Egg Owners may come into the campground to check out your campers.

Afternoon - Go and Explore the Area or String a hammock and just relax.

6:30pm Open Chat & Forum "Got Questions or Ideas you want to Share?"
After seeing all the campers at the "Shine & Show" you may have Questions about them or maybe you just have general Camper / Camping Questions. Come down to the open Forum in the Pavilion to chat with others. No limit to the knowlage some have and will want to share with others. And, Please Let me know how you liked the Rally & do you have any suggestions for Next Year.

Sunday 20th 6:30 - 8:00 Come for Morning Coffee at the Pavilion
Today you'll be heading out on the road on your next adventure. Drive Safe and be sure to Keep a look out for the Spring Fling in New England Rally for 2019 and Mark you calendar.
Your Hosts : Gerry & Barb
rubicon327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:45 AM   #8

I've started a page of photos from the rally here. Only 2 Escapes so far; both 21's.
Old 05-18-2018, 12:04 PM   #9

An Escape 5.0TA just pulled in.