Campground Gossip - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > Media Escape
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2016, 12:42 AM   #41

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
This reminded me that I was going to post some photos I took while visiting a camping store in The Netherlands earlier this summer (Obelink https://www.obelink.eu/ is an IKEA on steroids ... .). One floor for "stuff", one floor for tents and such and the third floor for travel trailers. Can't remember if these trailers were 21' or 23'. (Note the refrigerator in the drawer and the "dutch" doors).
The bath and refrigerator are pretty nifty ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 12:48 AM   #42

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
Or, how about an egg that floats ... https://www.facebook.com/SeaLander-USA-130523610385158/.

Who thinks up these things!?!?

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 12:55 AM   #43

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Or, how about an egg that floats ... https://www.facebook.com/SeaLander-USA-130523610385158/.

Who thinks up these things!?!?
Yep saw that before ! So little time ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 05:45 AM   #44

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFDavis50 View Post
The "Dutch" feature is nice but my first impression of the door in the bottom picture was what was called 'suicide doors" in older cars. Fiddle with it at 60 mph and you'll do a face plant on the street.
Those type of split doors are known as "Dutch" doors, common on some homes.
Old 07-14-2016, 02:33 PM   #45

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Quote:
I was thinking the door would be nice if you had dogs with you ...
The Dutch door for our Brittany would be viewed as a minor impediment if not a fascinating exercise opportunity. It would stop my daughter's Yorkie but Jihad Jake would clear it with ease the first time he heard me opening a nutty bar or unwrapping some string cheese. And if Bruce came by with a steak like he did at Osoyoos, it wouldn't be dock dogs it would be Dutch Door Camper dogs.
Dave
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:03 PM   #46

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
I made the door between our home kitchen and the laundry room into a dutch door, so we could have the Dobermans inside but not underfoot in the kitchen or roaming the house. I'm sure they could clear the lower section if they really tried, but they stayed behind it and it worked well. A couple of dogs that we had later liked to rest their head on the door top (I made it a shelf, about 15 cm or 6" wide), which was disconcerting for some visitors.

I wouldn't depend on this arrangement for an exterior door to keep a dog inside a house or RV, and this one is way to low for any dog we would have, but it's interesting to see creative ideas such as the dutch door and drawer-format refrigerator in RVs. There are probably others in European caravans like this that are worth considering.

That's probably the greatest value of the Nest to RV enthusiasts: Robert has been willing to try some unusual features, and if buyers of US$40,000 small trailers are willing to try them out, some of those features might find wider adoption. The frameless (or monocoque) structural design is the most expensive, and likely to prove to be of no benefit... but hey, I applaud the effort to try it.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote