15' Escape Update - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2015, 11:46 AM   #81

Trailer: 2015 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
We have used ice but figured the ice could all collect at the valve and crack it. Maybe it cannot collect there.
Not likely. Ice only does its damage during the freezing process. Conversion from liquid to solid causes the the ice to expand, thereby cracking pipes, valves etc. The ice you put in your tank will be melting and therefore shrinking.
GerriJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:22 PM   #82

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Just spotted in a discussion on FiberglassRV:
Quote:
On another note, it's kind of funny that one of the first pics you see on Escape's website is a bright yellow Jeep Wrangler.... which can now officially tow none of the vehicles in Escape's lineup since the 15 has been discontinued.

Unfortunately true: the short-wheelbase Wrangler shown (which appears to be a TJ) has a maximum trailer towing rating of 2000 pounds - not enough for Escape model which can currently be ordered (although it looks like the one in the photo is towing a 17-foot). It looks like ETI's home page image strip needs an update... maybe replacing this one with a 5.0TA.
Attached Thumbnails
TJ.jpg  
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:35 PM   #83

Trailer: 2013 Escape 15A
Send a message via Skype™ to KarenH
Then the pic of Ladybug would have to go, too, as well as the fifth one (which I think is gabeck's?)! And it always makes me smile when I see that it has been rotated 180 degrees.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:50 PM   #84

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerriJ View Post
Not likely. Ice only does its damage during the freezing process. Conversion from liquid to solid causes the the ice to expand, thereby cracking pipes, valves etc. The ice you put in your tank will be melting and therefore shrinking.
Yes, it is likeliest that it is melting in most cases. I have seen clumps of ice sit for hours, however. If it gets colder and windier, ice may be re-freezing. I was wondering about the exact location of the valve as I have not really looked at that to see if ice would be likely to collect there, including when the trailer is moving.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:58 PM   #85

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Just spotted in a discussion on FiberglassRV:

Unfortunately true: the short-wheelbase Wrangler shown (which appears to be a TJ) has a maximum trailer towing rating of 2000 pounds - not enough for Escape model which can currently be ordered (although it looks like the one in the photo is towing a 17-foot). It looks like ETI's home page image strip needs an update... maybe replacing this one with a 5.0TA.
I don't see any harm in Escape showing pictures of their 13' and 15' models somewhere on their site, even if they are no longer in production (they were manufactured by Escape). However, on the home page, I agree that it would best serve their interests to show only the models that are currently in production (the 17, 19, 21, and 5.0TA). Again if I was Escape, I would not even attempt to try to confirm that all of the tow vehicles matched with the trailers on their site pics were compatible in terms of tow ratings. It is hard enough to confirm that the match is compatible if you are the owner and have access to the info on the door frame and the manual.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:28 PM   #86

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Then the pic of Ladybug would have to go, too, as well as the fifth one (which I think is gabeck's?)! And it always makes me smile when I see that it has been rotated 180 degrees.
Not us that one ......we have red graphics and tow with an 02 Jeep Liberty ( also red ) . Only place we've been is last years calendar on the beach by a float plane base taken on our big trip to the east coast .
Old 02-09-2015, 06:33 PM   #87

Oops...I think it's JohnB.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
Old 02-09-2015, 06:38 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
I don't see any harm in Escape showing pictures of their 13' and 15' models somewhere on their site, even if they are no longer in production (they were manufactured by Escape). However, on the home page, I agree that it would best serve their interests to show only the models that are currently in production (the 17, 19, 21, and 5.0TA).
I agree completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice-breaker View Post
Again if I was Escape, I would not even attempt to try to confirm that all of the tow vehicles matched with the trailers on their site pics were compatible in terms of tow ratings. It is hard enough to confirm that the match is compatible if you are the owner and have access to the info on the door frame and the manual.
I have a different view of this. I think that particular image shows the tug (TJ/Wrangler 2-door) and only part of the trailer (perhaps a 17-foot) - it's not even obvious what model the trailer might be. It certainly appears to be there to say "you can tow with this", and since the towing capacity of this particular vehicle - if it is the short one - is very clearly and unambiguously provided by the manufacturer (as up to 2000 pounds), I think it would be entirely reasonable to check that is it appropriate. Remember, even the short version of this vehicle was appropriate for the 13-foot or 15-foot, but the trailer is not visible to give context so the photo could now be (unintentionally) misleading.

I could be completely off-base because the longer version of the same vehicle (the TJ/Wrangler Unlimited) has a 3500 pound towing limit (as I recall) and could tow a current 17-foot Escape within the tow vehicle manufacturer's limits. Maybe that's an Unlimited? I'm now so accustomed to seeing the JK Wrangler (with four doors on the long version) that I might have fallen for the trap of being misled by an incorrect model ID in the FiberglassRV discussion.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:43 PM   #89

Looking through the ETI site with the discontinuance of the 15-foot in mind, I also noticed this in Points to Ponder:
Quote:
The frame is constructed with 3/16” thick 1 ˝” x 3” T1 steel tubing creating a solid foundation, eliminating any chance of fatigue.
While the entire length of the frame was originally 1 ˝” x 3” tubing and the rear section is still that size, the main part is now 2" x 4" tubing on all models, except perhaps the 17-foot.

It is a lot of work to keep a product website current and accurate!
Old 02-09-2015, 07:40 PM   #90

Trailer: 2013 Ltd Edition 15B (1 of 47)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMLNM View Post
Does anyone know how many of each model have been manufactured?

I was curious about this too, so I called Tammy* and asked. Currently there have been 53 15As and 43 15Bs released to the wild. By the end of the run (including rigs that were already ordered but have not yet been built), we're looking at 57 15As and 47 15Bs.

Sounds like all the flack Karen gets for not having a bathroom may be somewhat unwarranted, as her floorplan is the more popular one (at least for the 15').

* Yes, she approved these numbers being made public.
Washingtonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 07:52 PM   #91
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Love the one you're with!

Who am I to tell anyone they should or shouldn't have a bathroom? It's all about wants/needs and we all know that's different for each one of us.

Frankly (IMHO) I don't care how many 5.0TAs are built. I own number 10 and it's MINE, all MINE
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:00 PM   #92

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washingtonia View Post
I was curious about this too, so I called Tammy* and asked. Currently there have been 53 15As and 43 15Bs released to the wild. By the end of the run (including rigs that were already ordered but have not yet been built), we're looking at 57 15As and 47 15Bs.

Sounds like all the flack Karen gets for not having a bathroom may be somewhat unwarranted, as her floorplan is the more popular one (at least for the 15').

* Yes, she approved these numbers being made public.

Glad you asked about this as many with a 15' will want to know for selling. Did you ask about the 13' or does someone know? They are now part of ETI's history.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:11 PM   #93

Yeah...thank you, Washingtonia! We will be in elite and exclusive company when we say we have one of only 104 made. Good deal. (Except for those who were counting on getting one in the future. )
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
Old 02-09-2015, 08:12 PM   #94
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washingtonia View Post
By the end of the run (including rigs that were already ordered but have not yet been built), we're looking at 57 15As and 47 15Bs.
So Karen, that means your new mantra when showing off Egbert will be "You know, less than 60 of these were ever made. Limited edition."
Old 02-09-2015, 08:15 PM   #95

It appears to me, however, that with eight units still on the books, that it was something more than demand that drove their decision...probably, as others have mentioned, the difficulty in construction and the profit margin.
'22 GMC Acadia Denali
Old 02-09-2015, 08:53 PM   #96

Trailer: 17b
Well, shoots, I thought mine was the last they would make. Guess it makes sense there are still some in the pipeline.

But those really aren't high numbers. And I think having a bathroom is a waste of space. Easier to use a portapotty and/or nearby facilities than lose all that space. In a bigger trailer, it makes more sense.
Escape While You Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:05 PM   #97

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
It appears to me, however, that with eight units still on the books, that it was something more than demand that drove their decision...probably, as others have mentioned, the difficulty in construction and the profit margin.
It does seem like an impressive number, but I bet it pales compared to the other models. Even the 17 seems to be less popular now. But yeah, wiith the greater demand for the bigger units, comes a better profit margin for Escape. No matter how nice of people you are, you are in it to make a living.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:06 PM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post

Frankly (IMHO) I don't care how many 5.0TAs are built. I own number 10 and it's MINE, all MINE
Of course, if the total number ever built was 9, you'd be outta luck.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:07 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floating Cloud View Post
Glad you asked about this as many with a 15' will want to know for selling. Did you ask about the 13' or does someone know? They are now part of ETI's history.
Nope, I didn't ask about those.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:10 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
So Karen, that means your new mantra when showing off Egbert will be "You know, less than 60 of these were ever made. Limited edition."

<-------------------- Hey, you stole my idea!