2019 interior changes - Page 11 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-19-2019, 04:57 PM   #201

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Do you suppose that, years ago, ETI bought out the entire world's supply of that standard pattern (as just a business/economic decision)?
That would explain a lot.
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 05:21 PM   #202

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightday View Post
but I wish they'd at least offer one alternative in a solid.

Ah, well. Here's hoping that the bolt of solid blue Sunbrella fabric I purchased years ago and stuck in the garage still has enough material left to cover my cushions.
Considering that ETI will let you choose any fabric you want I wouldn't consider that a problem. And if they did provide two standard choices I'm betting that there would still be folks that didn't like either.

Well fortunately Sunbrella is readily available. Of course you understand that "solid blue" involves many blues. We had a tough time deciding the exact "solid blue" for our pergola.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:15 PM   #203

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
For me, this print is not only too busy, but dark and depressing, as well. That said, I could easily work with a solid in any ONE of the colors found in that print and be quite happy, because I'd then toss about a few pillows and throws in prints I like. ETI probably chose not to go with a solid, because the slightest stain on a solid is far more apparent than it would be on a print, but I wish they'd at least offer one alternative in a solid. Ah, well. Here's hoping that the bolt of solid blue Sunbrella fabric I purchased years ago and stuck in the garage still has enough material left to cover my cushions. I'll stow away the others for the next owner, who may love the dark print. Each to his or her own!
We went with the standard fabric and lived with it for 3-4 years . We were then able to get other options .We bought Sunbrella fabric and marine grade vinyl . We like colors . The Sunbrella even though , solid doesn’t stain at all . Also love the marine grade vinyl with no worries , strong . Very glad we waited and got what we wanted . Pat
Attached Thumbnails
03312C97-2C93-4BB7-A0D8-8A39905E2A63.jpg  
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 07:34 PM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
We went with the standard fabric and lived with it for 3-4 years . We were then able to get other options .We bought Sunbrella fabric and marine grade vinyl . We like colors . The Sunbrella even though , solid doesn’t stain at all . Also love the marine grade vinyl with no worries , strong . Very glad we waited and got what we wanted . Pat
Love the cheerful colors, much more in line with what I like, though the blue I happen to have is more of a royal-to-navy shade. Thanks for sharing! Viewing the choices others have made is making it so much easier to decide for myself. After all, I plan to be living with these decisions for some time to come!

Happy travels!
Old 07-19-2019, 08:59 PM   #205

Quote:
Love the cheerful colors, much more in line with what I like, though the blue I happen to have is more of a royal-to-navy shade. Thanks for sharing! Viewing the choices others have made is making it so much easier to decide for myself. After all, I plan to be living with these decisions for some time to come!

Happy travels!
The lighting isn’t showing the true colors but the cushion fabric is more like a Teal . Linda made the pillows to go with our choices too. The outside of the trailer is also Teal .
We also like the blues in color too. We just like color . We also changed out the Formica . That’s the fun part , decorating to suit what you like . Your Welcome ! Pat
Old 07-19-2019, 09:46 PM   #206

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
On the other hand, after 5 years with the standard fabric in our 19, we like it so that's what our new 21 will have.

Ron
Thrifty decision!
Old 07-20-2019, 11:47 AM   #207

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
While there are solid colors I'd prefer, I tend to be a bit messy, and the stock fabric hides a multitude of mistakes!
Old 07-21-2019, 10:09 AM   #208

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Quote:

The cushions in the picture look thicker than our standard cushions. Are they new? If so, what thickness and density are they?
Old 07-21-2019, 12:10 PM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
The cushions in the picture look thicker than our standard cushions. Are they new? If so, what thickness and density are they?
Hi RICHARD .Yes the bottom cushions are thicker . We used the existing foam cushions which were 4 in , then added 2 more inches of foam .extra foam was from a select comfort bed we had to replace . Total 6 in . The upholster cut and sewed the new material for new thickness . Didn’t change the backs except with new fabric . There is also large pool noodles behind to slant back cushions . Made the sitting a lot more comfortable . Pat
Old 07-21-2019, 12:59 PM   #210

Thumbs up Noodles to Slant the Cushions for Comfort

Quote:
There is also large pool noodles behind to slant back cushions . Made the sitting a lot more comfortable . Pat
Another great idea, Pat!
Old 07-21-2019, 01:03 PM   #211

Quote:
Another great idea, Pat!
You are very Welcome ! Pat
Old 07-21-2019, 01:27 PM   #212

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
We also put the pool noodles in, I like them and it does increase comfort, BUT next time I wouldn't put the fold up counter tops in the dinette or if I did they would be a smaller version. With the noodle they are too tight against the fabric on the cushions. My wife likes the folding counter top in the dinette, I don't, a compromise would be to install a smaller version.

I didn't catch it soon enough for my build sheet, I believe it was Perry who split the rear cushion in his U shaped dinette. We like the U shaped, but if I did it again, I would split that long cushion - too long and cumbersome!
Old 07-21-2019, 01:46 PM   #213

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Splitting that cushion would be nice, it is kind of awkward to move.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:00 PM   #214

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Yes, but the $300 options were adding up quick....$300 to cut both the back and bottom cushions in half, also another $300 option if you wanted to widen the back seat depth 3" all the way across the bottom.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:06 PM   #215

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
I didn't catch it soon enough for my build sheet, I believe it was Perry who split the rear cushion in his U shaped dinette. We like the U shaped, but if I did it again, I would split that long cushion - too long and cumbersome!
Yes, we split both the rear seat cushion and the rear backrest cushion. That was a complaint we heard when we attended the Mississippi River Rendezvous Open House day. Every time we go into that area we can't imagine if they were full width. They are long enough split.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 07-21-2019, 03:11 PM   #216

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Yes, but the $300 options were adding up quick....$300 to cut both the back and bottom cushions in half, also another $300 option if you wanted to widen the back seat depth 3" all the way across the bottom.

Wow, it's not $600 worth of inconvenience, to me anyway.
Old 07-21-2019, 03:37 PM   #217

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Quote:
Hi RICHARD .Yes the bottom cushions are thicker . We used the existing foam cushions which were 4 in , then added 2 more inches of foam .extra foam was from a select comfort bed we had to replace . Total 6 in . The upholster cut and sewed the new material for new thickness . Didn’t change the backs except with new fabric . There is also large pool noodles behind to slant back cushions . Made the sitting a lot more comfortable . Pat

Thanks. I can feel the plywood through the seat cushion, so I sit on a pillow. When we get ours recovered, I like the idea of adding another couple of inches of thickness.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:13 PM   #218

Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA Oct 2019;current Escape 19 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Yikes! $300 to split both the back and bottom cushions?

I just asked to split the bottom cushion (didn't ask how much).... Will have to decide whether it's worth $150..... Our build sheet is due on Thursday
dmdunca44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:17 PM   #219

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Wish I had known about this option when we did our build sheet, I would definitely have paid up. That big back cushion is reeeeeaallly long and unwieldy.
Old 07-21-2019, 04:20 PM   #220

Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA Oct 2019;current Escape 19 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
Wish I had known about this option when we did our build sheet, I would definitely have paid up. That big back cushion is reeeeeaallly long and unwieldy.
David,
If we just split the bottom cushion, could we more easily get into the space below? Is there often a reason to get into that space?
dmdunca44 is offline   Reply With Quote