2019 interior changes - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 12-13-2018, 06:41 PM   #41

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I’ve viewed the video 3 times and read the posts and I still don’t see any reason to get excited . The functionality of the trailer is basically unchanged .
You didn't get motion sickness?
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 06:43 PM   #42

Trailer: Escape 21
Cosmetics

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I’ve viewed the video 3 times and read the posts and I still don’t see any reason to get excited . The functionality of the trailer is basically unchanged .
No, the changes are visual, interior changes. These changes are probably more for the women, like MDW. As for us guys, camouflage fabrics, simulated railroad tie flooring, an old well handpump, with a horse trough sink, and army cots would do just fine.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:24 PM   #43

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrgramps View Post
No, the changes are visual, interior changes. These changes are probably more for the women, like MDW. As for us guys, camouflage fabrics, simulated railroad tie flooring, an old well handpump, with a horse trough sink, and army cots would do just fine.
We would need to dump the fibreglass shell and make one out of corrugated steel. Oh, and a real wood cookstove inside for heating and cooking.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:29 PM   #44

Trailer: 2016 21. '15 Ford Explorer V-6
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
- it's always something!

....Would You Believe?

“Get out the map and lay your finger anywhere down” -Indigo Girls
Steve Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:32 PM   #45

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Change is good. Now I am feeling sooo ahead of the curve. Only did the cabinet door over the counter top but this development has me now thinking of doing more cabinet doors. (Cherry, and the insert is rattan.)
Attached Thumbnails
Interior2.jpg   kitch12.jpg  
Old 12-13-2018, 07:36 PM   #46
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
We would need to dump the fibreglass shell and make one out of corrugated steel. Oh, and a real wood cookstove inside for heating and cooking.
I think I saw one EXACTLY like that at the RV Hall of Fame this summer. Oh my, when seeing the conditions some traveled... like wood burning or coal burning wood stoves and LOTS of canvas.... gulp.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 07:47 PM   #47

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Change is good. Now I am feeling sooo ahead of the curve. Only did the cabinet door over the counter top but this development has me now thinking of doing more cabinet doors. (Cherry, and the insert is rattan.)
Wow!! Yours looks so cozy!
The position you took this picture: you have a king size? Almost looks like it
Old 12-13-2018, 07:48 PM   #48

Trailer: Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Nice!
Old 12-13-2018, 08:07 PM   #49

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Here are some close up pictures
Attached Thumbnails
Faucet (1).jpg   Faucet (2).jpg   Faucet (3).jpg   Faucet (4).jpg  
Old 12-13-2018, 08:32 PM   #50

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
With the panelling on the walls in the kitchen area there would be no need now for a backsplash. There would be no problem ensuring a good seal between the countertop and the panelling both being a solid surface. I would like to see more colour with the wall panelling in the kitchen area as opposed to white. Maybe a textured panelling there.
Am I missing something? The back wall still looks like the vinyl headliner material to me. The “kitchen wall” with waterproof paneling looks to be the bulkhead only.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:39 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I think I saw one EXACTLY like that at the RV Hall of Fame this summer. Oh my, when seeing the conditions some traveled... like wood burning or coal burning wood stoves and LOTS of canvas.... gulp.
Where is this Hall of Fame located? Sounds interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Am I missing something? The back wall still looks like the vinyl headliner material to me. The “kitchen wall” with waterproof paneling looks to be the bulkhead only.
By back wall I assume you mean behind the galley. It looks like, and I assume is, that same white board as the gable on the right has. Why would you do that side gable only?
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 12-13-2018, 08:47 PM   #52
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Where is this Hall of Fame located? Sounds interesting.
It was soooo cool! https://www.rvmhhalloffame.org/
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:41 PM   #53

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Jim,

I spoke with Escape this afternoon and regarding the back splash I was specifically informed that it was the same soft touch vinyl that is used elsewhere on the walls, I even asked if I'd heard right, but in the video and the accompanying email it does say that "Kitchen Wall is now manufactured using a ‘Water Proof Paneling’". It's probably so new that not all the staff are properly briefed yet? I hope that's the case because if it is specifically designed paneling then it should be better than the previous solution and certainly has a much greater area of coverage.
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 09:48 PM   #54

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
I didn't notice that but I think you're right, that does look like the vinyl headliner! so I guess I heard right on the telephone today.
marsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 10:04 PM   #55

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsman View Post
I didn't notice that but I think you're right, that does look like the vinyl headliner! so I guess I heard right on the telephone today.
It is hard to tell from the video and Reace did say it was not a finished trailer. It will be interesting to find out what the story is. Jim is right that it really doesn’t make sense just to do the side bulkhead.
Old 12-14-2018, 06:00 AM   #56

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
I'm wrestling with this. My confirmation date was last week (completion date in March) and I received an email offering me the opportunity to switch.

So, gang, I really appreciate the references to the swatches of the new standard formica and flooring, and the screen shots captured from that video, which, as somebody above commented, does, er, swim a bit.

I think our current formica and fabric choices work as well with the new flooring and actually work better with the maple than the oak. But I need my wife to chime in on that, of course.

It appears to me that the maple is lighter and has less figure in it than the oak. I do want to confirm that the maple option is just a surface veneer option on the same cabinet grade 5mm plywood that they use on the current oak cabinetry. But, assuming that's the case, we'll probably make the change.

The only remaining question is where on the warm/cool spectrum the finish on the maple is (depending on the finish used, maple can be either 'whiter' or 'yellower', the cabinets appear warmer, but those doors with the glass inserts appear cooler, and from something he said in the video my impression was at the end of the day they are going with the warmer version). Whatever, on a laptop screen, that's a bit of a pig in a poke.
Seneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:47 AM   #57

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
As I've mentioned in several other post I'm in the office furniture industry and the main lines I rep have always been Quebec based Canadian manufactures, some of you Canadians probably know some of them, Groupe Lacasse, Logiflex to name a couple. I say that because maple has always been a popular color for them and is also popular in more modern type designs. I would want to look at a real sample to see how natural maple color it is, I have seen some Maples more yellow than white and I prefer the more natural white color. I do believe the lighter will make the space inside the camper seem larger. I would also be curious about what he said abut the doors darkening to match the rest, with real wood hard to tell what its going to do especially if it does not come from the same tree. Maple is not as strong a wood as oak so might get dents and dings a little easier but not sure that's a problem anyway. I do like the glass door insert and with lighting added on interior again would make space seem larger and very modern European style.
I like the idea of more options to be honest with you, we have a 2014' and unless I can really get something different then I already have why would I ever consider a new one, this could change my mind.

Happy and safe holidays to all,

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:51 AM   #58

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Ughhhhh momma saw the new doors on the cabinets .....sooooooo as soon as elbow recovers from being repaired the wood shop will come to life to do this mod. “ Happy wife , Happy life “
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 09:02 AM   #59

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Is it my imagination but is the paneling and trim also lighter, other than the cabinet doors?
Old 12-14-2018, 09:18 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Is it my imagination but is the paneling and trim also lighter, other than the cabinet doors?
As Reace explained in the video, it is now maple. Well, faux maple.