21NE Exterior Storage - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Me | General Topics > General Escape
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-14-2020, 12:56 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 Escape 5.0 TA & 2023 F-150 XLT
21NE Exterior Storage

Has anyone seen details about how much exterior storage the new 21NE will have. I have seen curb-side photos that include an exterior door to space probably underneath the rear bed. Any idea I’d there will be a compartment street-side? Any details on how much storage? Thanks.
zzlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 01:17 PM   #2

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I imagine it would be similar to the E19, Queen bed in rear and front dinette in front, just a little bigger.
Old 05-14-2020, 02:06 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 21NE
You get a standard curbside hatch in the rear, accesses all the underbed storage space. There are optional ($) hatches available to access the streetside front bench understorage, and the curbside front bench understorage.
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 11:55 AM   #4

Trailer: 2020 21'NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix2 View Post
You get a standard curbside hatch in the rear, accesses all the underbed storage space. There are optional ($) hatches available to access the streetside front bench understorage, and the curbside front bench understorage.
We added both of the front exterior hatches (street and curbside). The front dinette is pretty big, which equates to decent storage. Not knowing exactly what we'd store in which compartment, we decided that we wanted the options of being able to get to those under-bench spots from the outside. We also added the end-of-bench interior door on the curbside bench. I really don't want to move all the cushions every time I need something.

The curbside will probably end up being dog food and other dog stuff, and maybe shoes (using the interior bench door). The street side might be for the water hose and power cord. Until we get out on the road, and I rearrange things 256,892 times, I won't know for sure! And then of course Jeff will put things in the wrong place, because after all, why wouldn't he remember that I've made one more change
tukwilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:59 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 21NE
The problem with storage spaces is that one tends to fill them...

It's easy to suddenly find yourself with a lot of weight in stuff you don't really need, or that you accumulate over time. I do a 'shake out' from time to time, to make sure to keep the weight and clutter down.

Then there's more room for important things like beer...
felix2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:37 PM   #6
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix2 View Post
The problem with storage spaces is that one tends to fill them...Particularly if it's horizontal
Like the garage before our 2020 21NE arrives home in 10 days.
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 07:54 AM   #7

Trailer: 2024 Bigfoot 21 Rear Bed
The water hose and power cord fit great in the optional box in the front. Everything needed for setting up the trailer: chocks, levelers, external surge protector, power tool to raise and lower the stabilizers, a gallon of water to top off the batteries, funnel for adding water to batteries, manual awning control arm, hand rod extension for manually raising stabilizers, a spare water pump, a fresh water filter, extra fresh water attachments for spare pump, 20 feet of black and red wires for external use of spare water pump, another 50 ft standard extension cord, sewer hose 90°adapter, and there is still room!.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:54 AM   #8

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
I have a 2017 E19 and raised my front dinette 5.25" to allow better outside visibility at the benches.This heightened the boxes and now I'm looking at best use of space. What I like in storage is storage space options that will allow for access to height as well as surface area. The add on I created on the curb side bench was a higher exterior access hatch because I felt that having all exterior access to compartments with the same height was just more of the same.

Obviously you should always look at weight distribution in how you load up the trailer and overall construction material weight.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4032.JPG   IMG_4011.JPG  
ChuckBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 10:41 AM   #9

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzlay View Post
Has anyone seen details about how much exterior storage the new 21NE will have. I have seen curb-side photos that include an exterior door to space probably underneath the rear bed. Any idea I’d there will be a compartment street-side? Any details on how much storage? Thanks.

take a look at this video

NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote