Escape 2020 Update - Page 10 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-04-2019, 01:36 PM   #181
Senior Member
 
Oldtimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: DFW, Texas
Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Posts: 1,073
One can always take the shelves out for hanging ones clothes. The 21 has ample storage areas for items you might have been storing there. But then it is up to each owner to use space as they deem necessary for maximum usage. If it comes to where their configuration isnt working for their needs they might look into different solutions to gain the results they want.
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:54 AM   #182
Senior Member
 
rubicon327's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Burlington Twp., New Jersey
Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Posts: 7,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
If you supply contact information (I gave the Escape factory's address and phony phone number) you can download options lists with prices, one in USD and one in CAD. If my interpretation is correct (I am awaiting confirmation) the CAD list is pointless.
Option lists with pricing per model is now available on the website without giving any personal information:
https://escapetrailer.com/escape-trailer-price-sheets/
__________________
Mods to Rubicon: https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...tml#post249508
“One way to get the most out of life is to look upon it as an adventure.”― W.F.
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:05 AM   #183
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 14,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Option lists with pricing per model is now available on the website without giving any personal information:
https://escapetrailer.com/escape-trailer-price-sheets/
Yes, this fixed this a while ago. The irrelevance of the CAD pricing is still true.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:11 AM   #184
Senior Member
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Posts: 26,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Yes, this fixed this a while ago. The irrelevance of the CAD pricing is still true.
I fail to see why you say this, since inception Escape has always listed their prices in Canadian since they are a company doing business there. The conversion is only applicable if you are not Canadian. So what has changed, other than ownership. If anything the US$ pricing can be considered as irrelevant since that can not be determined until date of receipt of the money.
__________________
Jim
Sometime life gets in the way of living.......
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:21 AM   #185
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 14,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I fail to see why you say this, since inception Escape has always listed their prices in Canadian since they are a company doing business there. The conversion is only applicable if you are not Canadian. So what has changed, other than ownership. If anything the US$ pricing can be considered as irrelevant since that can not be determined until date of receipt of the money.
What has changed is that Escape now sets prices in USD, so what the list says in CAD is irrelevant to what the buyer will actually be charged. Now the CAD pricing can not be determined until Canadian funds are converted to the required amount in US funds.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 12:14 PM   #186
Senior Member
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Posts: 26,268
I understand what you are saying, exact opposite of the way they originally did the pricing. So the exchange rate no longer impacts what you paid like it did in the past....
__________________
Jim
Sometime life gets in the way of living.......
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 12:57 PM   #187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 14,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I understand what you are saying, exact opposite of the way they originally did the pricing. So the exchange rate no longer impacts what you paid like it did in the past....
Exchange rate changes no longer impact U.S. buyers (the ones important to Escape Trailer Industries) but now impact Canadian buyers (the ones in the same country as Escape).
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 02:47 PM   #188
Senior Member
 
Vermilye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Oswego, New York
Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Posts: 5,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
What has changed is that Escape now sets prices in USD, so what the list says in CAD is irrelevant to what the buyer will actually be charged. Now the CAD pricing can not be determined until Canadian funds are converted to the required amount in US funds.
Since they publish TWO price lists, one in US currency & one in Canadian, it appears that both are the price, depending on which side of the border you are purchasing the trailer (or what your funds are). If both price lists are valid, Escape either eats the exchange rate under adverse conditions, or gets a bonus otherwise.
__________________
Jon Vermilye My Travel Blog
Travel and Photo Web Page ... My Collection of RV Blogs 2018 F150 3.5EB, 2017 21
Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 03:05 PM   #189
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Posts: 17,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
If both price lists are valid, Escape either eats the exchange rate under adverse conditions, or gets a bonus otherwise.

I wonder if that will work like my recent purchase from Best Buy where I thought I had a price and special offer, but didn't when it came time to check out. They appeared to change the special offers every day or so.

The price would well change between selecting options and making purchase.
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:01 PM   #190
Senior Member
 
Ron in BC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Posts: 8,806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Since they publish TWO price lists, one in US currency & one in Canadian, it appears that both are the price, depending on which side of the border you are purchasing the trailer (or what your funds are). If both price lists are valid, Escape either eats the exchange rate under adverse conditions, or gets a bonus otherwise.
That's what I did previously, as a manufacturer of marine equipment. Price lists had both US and Cdn. dollars. US folks would sometimes do the math, figure out for that day there would be a slight savings. So they'd ask if they could pay in Cdn. $. The answer was yes, if you come to Canada and pick it up. US price includes brokerage and export etc. Seemed to work well and Canadians didn't have negative feelings about paying in US dollars to a Canadian Company.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 07:57 PM   #191
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 14,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
That's what I did previously, as a manufacturer of marine equipment. Price lists had both US and Cdn. dollars. US folks would sometimes do the math, figure out for that day there would be a slight savings. So they'd ask if they could pay in Cdn. $. The answer was yes, if you come to Canada and pick it up. US price includes brokerage and export etc. Seemed to work well and Canadians didn't have negative feelings about paying in US dollars to a Canadian Company.

Ron
That's exactly how it should work.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 08:02 PM   #192
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 14,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
Since they publish TWO price lists, one in US currency & one in Canadian, it appears that both are the price, depending on which side of the border you are purchasing the trailer (or what your funds are). If both price lists are valid, Escape either eats the exchange rate under adverse conditions, or gets a bonus otherwise.
You might think that, and that would certainly be better, but in earlier discussion it was clearly stated that the actual price is determined only by the USD list. If they've changed their minds that's great, but they haven't said that. If they really mean that the price for Canadian customer is fixed in CAD at the time of the order, not fixed in USD and stated in CAD at the exchange rate of the day of the order, then it's not as bad and someone at Escape should say that... but I haven't been able to get a clear answer.

One indication of this policy is that a request for an estimate from the website provides only a USD price, even though a Canadian address is provided in the contact information which it demands... although the only thing certain about the new web site is that it is incomplete.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2020 product announcement, update

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2023 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.