Escape 2020 Update - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-08-2019, 06:04 AM   #61
Senior Member
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Posts: 26,268
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Thanks for saving me, Dave. I was about ready to edit, delete, and just write the word "poutine", or maybe "Look! Squirrel!".
Here I thought the golden ratio was "Tinker to Evans to Chance".....
__________________
Jim
Sometime life gets in the way of living.......
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:32 AM   #62
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: alpharetta, Georgia
Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Posts: 494
One thing for sure they seem to be very upfront with their plans which I appreciate as a consumer and also like the fact they listen. They seem to understand how much this forum played a role in their growth to get to this point, nothing like positive free advertising.

As far as US location don't know if you would consider the SE but I know what I think is a perfect location, Doraville GA and have the piece of real estate for it. The building next door to me is for rent and I know who owns it 6915 Gilleland Lane. Its about 30,000 square feet (don't think you would have to take it all if not needed), easy access to major highways, warehouse with street level and truck level doors, finished showroom space and warehouse space. Plus you have an Escape owner right next door that would be more then happy to sing the products praises.

Glad to know I own a trailer manufactured by a company that does business the right way.

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:51 AM   #63
Senior Member
 
Dave Walter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Posts: 2,636
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
...Since the base prices and option prices are published in both currencies, and the ratio between them will not match the exchange rate of the day, which one is authoritative? One of those lists is only an approximation, and I suspect that it will be the CAD list... so I wonder why that one is published at all.

I'll take guesses at the answers to the questions which I asked:

The price in the quote will the USD price.
The price is fixed in USD, so Canadian buyers will take the exchange rate risk of any changes from the quote date to the final payment date.
I also want Escape to answer this question. I assume that since ETI is a Canadian company in Canada, the prices for their products will be fixed in Canadian dollars, and any currency fluctuations between Cdn$ and US$ would be reflected by changes to the posted US$ prices. Is this correct or not?
__________________
2013 19' \ 2013 15B, 2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD Offroad

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:41 AM   #64
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Posts: 92
Guys, about this currency stuff--

All of ETI's costs are not denominated in $CDN. That's a misconception. A trailer is assembled from components, and I'd bet that most of the components used by ETI are imported into Canada and their cost to ETI is denominated in USD--whether axles from someplace in the Midwest or appliances from someplace in the Far East.

So, 70-80% of ETI's revenues derive from a USD market and some large fraction of its costs are also denominated is USD. In that respect, ETI is just like any other Canadian manufacturer on the border selling into the North American market generally. I'm sure the new owners are financially sophisticated enough to have a commercial banking relationship with one of the major Canadian financial services firms, and that currency hedging is a service on offer in that relationship.

It's relatively easy for ETI to hedge this kind of exposure.

As far a the customer facing aspect of the hedge, I'm pretty sure ETI can accommodate both Canadian and US customers, except for the clowns who want a 'heads I win, tails you lose' arrangement. My suggestion would be to denominate the price in USD and, give customers the option, when they put down their deposit, of paying the full purchase price in either USD or CDN currency. Then the company works those customer choices into its cash flow projection and instructs its bank to hedge against those anticipated cash flows.

Voila! ETI is hedged (to the extent its owners want it to be). And customers get to pay in the currency of their choice. BTW . . . keep the Maple Leaf.
Seneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 12:00 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
JStelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Friendswood, Texas
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
Posts: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
Guys, about this currency stuff--

All of ETI's costs are not denominated in $CDN. That's a misconception. A trailer is assembled from components, and I'd bet that most of the components used by ETI are imported into Canada and their cost to ETI is denominated in USD--whether axles from someplace in the Midwest or appliances from someplace in the Far East.

So, 70-80% of ETI's revenues derive from a USD market and some large fraction of its costs are also denominated is USD. In that respect, ETI is just like any other Canadian manufacturer on the border selling into the North American market generally. I'm sure the new owners are financially sophisticated enough to have a commercial banking relationship with one of the major Canadian financial services firms, and that currency hedging is a service on offer in that relationship.

It's relatively easy for ETI to hedge this kind of exposure.

As far a the customer facing aspect of the hedge, I'm pretty sure ETI can accommodate both Canadian and US customers, except for the clowns who want a 'heads I win, tails you lose' arrangement. My suggestion would be to denominate the price in USD and, give customers the option, when they put down their deposit, of paying the full purchase price in either USD or CDN currency. Then the company works those customer choices into its cash flow projection and instructs its bank to hedge against those anticipated cash flows.

Voila! ETI is hedged (to the extent its owners want it to be). And customers get to pay in the currency of their choice. BTW . . . keep the Maple Leaf.


So true. Good summary. And keep the Maple Leaf. [emoji4]
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 01:01 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Posts: 17,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStelly View Post
So true. Good summary. And keep the Maple Leaf. [emoji4]

How about an optional Oak Leaf?
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 01:20 PM   #67
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Posts: 8,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
How about an optional Oak Leaf?
Hi: gbaglo... How about a Laurel branch?
The only hedging we do is about 150 ft. of Privet!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'16 Ram Eco D. 4X4 Laramie Longhorn CC & '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas (Not the Virgin Islands) Ontario
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 01:39 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 14,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
All of ETI's costs are not denominated in $CDN. That's a misconception...
I doubt that anyone who cares about this subject is under that misconception. It is entirely Escape's decision how to determine their pricing - I just want to know what it will be now. We can all speculate, but only Escape staff can provide the answer.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 03:31 PM   #69
Senior Member
 
JStelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Friendswood, Texas
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
Posts: 664
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
How about an optional Oak Leaf?

As a retired LtCol, USMCR, Iíll take a Silver Oak Leaf. [emoji4]. But thatís not what you were probably thinking of. [emoji6]
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 03:34 PM   #70
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Posts: 17,136
I was thinking to match my interior. And definitely not laurel.
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:02 AM   #71
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: alpharetta, Georgia
Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
Posts: 494
Seneca I'm not sure I 100% either understand or agree with what you say about the $$$$.
I own a US company that sells a product with a printed price in US dollars. I purchase most of this product from Taiwan but one part of it comes from China. When I pay either of them the amount I pay them does not change in US dollars but will assume what they actually receive fluctuates based on the exchange rate the day I pay them.

I will assume if they buy axles from someone in TX the company quotes them in US dollars and up to Escape to understand what that cost them in CA $$$$.

I represented a Canadian office furniture manufacturer for many years and back when we had the debate about the 'hanging chads' he was getting rich, best exchange rate ever. If memory serves me correctly $1.00 US got him $1.54 CA so you see why.

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 06:32 AM   #72
Senior Member
 
75thRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sarita, Texas
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Posts: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStelly View Post
As a retired LtCol, USMCR, Iíll take a Silver Oak Leaf. [emoji4]. But thatís not what you were probably thinking of. [emoji6]
Thank you for your service. Used to party at the MCRD O-Club in San Diego. Many years ago!

I remember the young Marines flattening themselves against the wall at the Base Exchange when I walked by.

"Just being Marines" my friend told me.
__________________
Why have I never heard of a 'Physic' winning the lottery?
75thRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:08 AM   #73
Senior Member
 
JStelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Friendswood, Texas
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19' (sold), Escape 5.0 as of August 2019 (sold)
Posts: 664
And you as well! The MCRD O-Club San Diego was quite a hopping place back in the 70s and 80s. I suspect not so much these days.
JStelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:06 AM   #74
Senior Member
 
75thRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sarita, Texas
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Posts: 518
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStelly View Post
And you as well! The MCRD O-Club San Diego was quite a hopping place back in the 70s and 80s. I suspect not so much these days.
Had a friend who retired as O-5 in Corps. Jerry Boston, went to Carson Newman College in east TN. I think he retired in early 80's.

Can't remember things as well anymore.
__________________
Why have I never heard of a 'Physic' winning the lottery?
75thRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 02:18 PM   #75
Senior Member
 
Old Fulica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Abbotsford, British Columbia
Trailer: 2011 19'
Posts: 223
Just checked out the new ETI website. I was pleasantly surprised to see our trailer front and centre on the home page (Jellicoes). It's pretty good when they can use a nine year old unit for their first impression model. Now we just have to wait for the residuals to roll in
__________________
Long may you run,
Len and Dian

My Blog; https://lenanddian.blogspot.com
Old Fulica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 02:48 PM   #76
Escape Trailer Industries
 
daviddesjardins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Surrey, British Columbia
Trailer: Researching
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fulica View Post
Just checked out the new ETI website. I was pleasantly surprised to see our trailer front and centre on the home page (Jellicoes). It's pretty good when they can use a nine year old unit for their first impression model. Now we just have to wait for the residuals to roll in
It's a great image!
__________________
David Desjardins
Director, Sales & Marketing
daviddesjardins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 03:09 PM   #77
Senior Member
 
davidmurphy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Austin, Texas
Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Posts: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Fulica View Post
Just checked out the new ETI website. I was pleasantly surprised to see our trailer front and centre on the home page (Jellicoes). It's pretty good when they can use a nine year old unit for their first impression model. Now we just have to wait for the residuals to roll in
Well, mine that used to be front and centre on the website is gone....but then they redid the brochure and included two photos of our trailer so I guess we are all happy
__________________
David, Mary, and the cats
davidmurphy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 03:18 PM   #78
Senior Member
 
Old Fulica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Abbotsford, British Columbia
Trailer: 2011 19'
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddesjardins View Post
It's a great image!
__________________
Long may you run,
Len and Dian

My Blog; https://lenanddian.blogspot.com
Old Fulica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 03:39 PM   #79
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Celina, Texas
Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Posts: 20
Escape 23

Thanks so much! We look forward to the 23 floor plan, specs and pricing!
godspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 03:55 PM   #80
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 14,935
Given no response, I'll assume that my guesses are correct...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
I'll take guesses at the answers to the questions which I asked:

The price in the quote will the USD price.
The price is fixed in USD, so Canadian buyers will take the exchange rate risk of any changes from the quote date to the final payment date.
Effective with the start of 2020 pricing, any CAD prices shown are meaningless (just rough conversions), since the USD price will be the one which is actually charged.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2020 product announcement, update

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2023 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.