Escape 21' LE Floor Plan - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2019, 11:46 AM   #41

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddesjardins View Post
It's snug at 6, but still comfortable. The sales team was stilling comfortably in it 3 to a side last week as we did the intial walkthrough.
Hi David, glad you respond.
We own a 19 with the u shape. Very happy with our “little” great Escape. But though the u shape looks cozy and bigger, it does fool everyone size wise.
Hopefully you will be offering the normal dinette as well for the new design 21? Cause the normal dinette will sit 6 comfortably, by the looks of it.
(Just trying to help here. Don’t want people ending up being disappointed when purchasing an Escape)
Old 10-09-2019, 11:55 AM   #42
Escape Trailer Industries

Trailer: Researching
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marry View Post
Hi David, glad you respond.
We own a 19 with the u shape. Very happy with our “little” great Escape. But though the u shape looks cozy and bigger, it does fool everyone size wise.
Hopefully you will be offering the normal dinette as well for the new design 21? Cause the normal dinette will sit 6 comfortably, by the looks of it.
(Just trying to help here. Don’t want people ending up being disappointed when purchasing an Escape)
Hi Mary - great question and agree. Yes, it's intended to be one of the options.

One of my many projects ongoing is standardizing how we display the interiors for floorplans in our documentation (web, print etc). I had the chance to preview the proposed 23' fully rendered in modeling software (SOLIDWORKS), and it's our plan to start incorporating those views for customers as they become available.

David
Old 10-09-2019, 01:20 PM   #43

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
Might have missed it, but wonder where the batteries will go. It would be a mess for them to stay in the rear under a queen bed.
A good question, and I agree that access under a bed would be poor... unless the bed platform is hinged and on lifts (as is common with beds in RVs).

One obvious solution is a slide-out tray, accessed through an exterior hatch. This is available on other brands of travel trailers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
I assume the converter would be moved forward like the current 19 layout has. With this move it would probably make sense to have the batteries on the tongue or in the front box (if elected) also like the current 19.
It would be easy, but it would also shift mass forward (increasing tongue weight which is already a concern for many owners), increase the distance of the mass from the centre of mass (increasing polar moment of inertia and thus decreasing stability), and use convenient storage space. Under the curbside dinette (as originally done in the 19') might be a better solution.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 01:56 PM   #44

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
floor plan, new/

It wd be nice to see real measurements on both the new and the "old" E21 floor plans, side by side. To me it looks like the new plan's lost some needed galley "counter space" and walk-thru space, while gaining a 'crawl-over' bed in back. , and we both did not like the lack of counter space in our Casita. I am just guessing tho bks there are no measurements to compare...or maybe I just missed them
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 02:05 PM   #45

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I know that when planning the "old" 21, Reace wanted to put in a double sink and Tammy held out for a single sink and more counter space. Neither will fit the new layout.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:02 PM   #46

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Quote:
Hi Mary - great question and agree. Yes, it's intended to be one of the options.

One of my many projects ongoing is standardizing how we display the interiors for floorplans in our documentation (web, print etc). I had the chance to preview the proposed 23' fully rendered in modeling software (SOLIDWORKS), and it's our plan to start incorporating those views for customers as they become available.

David
That’s good news.

A suggestion: have the try out team try out the crawl over part. To see which side head works better to climb over.
This especially for the new 21 (19 design), as once you put in a cabinet to fill gap, people won’t be able to choose which direction to sleep anymore.
Your findings might be the same as ours, and will give you an answer to where to put that little storage cabinet people are talking about
Old 10-10-2019, 08:00 AM   #47

Exclamation one other thing..

My wife took one look at the LE floor plan and said.. "wow, where did all my storage cabinets go and where 'd the counter top space go?""
WE have on order a "std" 21 and we added a second big storage cabinet atop the "2 drawer chest at foot of front bed"..giving her the two big cabinets she wanted.
She felt the std bed was fine for us and she wants the dinette in back..and all the storage and to heck with uuge beds. Her comment was.."we only sleep in the front..we don't lounge around in beds while camping".
My thoughts.."if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" ;-)
Old 10-10-2019, 09:00 AM   #48

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
One of the issues I have found by going with the bigger Escape is the capacity far exceeds the needs. In the smaller E19 I only carried something I used, daily. In the E21 I have "Just in case" the item maybe needed. Weight corresponds to less efficiency, My E21 weights maybe 3-400lbs heavier than my E19 and my mileage has decreased 10%.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:44 PM   #49

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:

David
This option for viewing seems very interesting. When I look at this 2D rendering of the 21 it seems that the counterspace is no longer than that in the 19 and that does not add up but that could be miscalculating on my part. The 3D view may help clarify this : )
Bear101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 09:54 PM   #50

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
WE have on order a 21....
My thoughts.."if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" ;-)
Sounds very SPECIAL!!
Old 10-10-2019, 10:08 PM   #51

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
My wife and I looked at the floor plan for the Escape 21 LE this morning
The conversation ended right then and there !
Hopefully the new Escape 23 will be a real improvement
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 10:49 PM   #52

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
My wife and I were just looking at the 21 layout. She said she would never buy the layout with the toilet right beside your pillows. She prefers your LE layout.

2020 19’ final build sheet just submitted!!!!!!!!!

Excitement
Old 10-10-2019, 10:54 PM   #53

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug2000 View Post
My wife and I were just looking at the 21 layout. She said she would never buy the layout with the toilet right beside your pillows.

Pretty much any trailer has your toilet beside your pillows. Got to get over it. Everybody has to take a crap sometime.
Old 10-10-2019, 11:23 PM   #54

Cool noise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
Pretty much any trailer has your toilet beside your pillows. Got to get over it. Everybody has to take a crap sometime.
S' what noise apps on cell phones are for. ;-)
Old 10-11-2019, 01:34 AM   #55

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21--FOR SALE
Try before you buy!

I'd suggest that anyone buying a 21-footer in future find a way to inspect both designs personally once the new model is available. This would be easy for people who live near Chilliwack, but more difficult for those who don't.

We love our classic 21, especially the rear dinette, because it's usually pointed at the view we drove a long way to see, not at our tow vehicle or a parking lot. For example, we just camped on northern Vancouver Island in a site where we could back up right to the beach, and enjoy a spectacular view of the ocean, nearby islands, sunrises, and sunsets--completely unspoiled by other trailers or evidence of the presence of humans.

We find the north-south double bed to be comfortable, too, especially in terms of length.

But we're glad that there will soon be a choice of designs for those whose preferences or needs are different.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:23 AM   #56

Trailer: 2014 21' Escape
I would have to agree with others I like the layout in our 1st Gen 21'.
To me because there is a wall on both sides feels like same size because you can lay all the way to the wall, don;t have to think about falling off the edge. Our biggest problem is when we go camping we started a bad habit of letting our pups sleep with us and once a 50lb bulldog lays down you just find your spot.

What I like are options and believe the more of those any company can offer to a consumer the better. Some like this LE layout others don't so just like lots of things in life.

Enjoy the journey.

Steve
stratos175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 07:26 AM   #57

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
21 LE = 19 with a bigger dinette

Hmm
Having slept on this overnight and looked at the 21 LE again it seems that, plus or minus an inch the components in the 21LE are the same as those in the 19 except for the dinette and of course some extra width. So no counter space advantage over the 19 and not much storage increase overall either. Am I missing something?
Bear101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:05 AM   #58

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear101 View Post
Hmm
Having slept on this overnight and looked at the 21 LE again it seems that, plus or minus an inch the components in the 21LE are the same as those in the 19 except for the dinette and of course some extra width. So no counter space advantage over the 19 and not much storage increase overall either. Am I missing something?
Maybe 18" additional length of storage, both uppers and underneath.....
Old 10-11-2019, 08:24 AM   #59

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Maybe 18" additional length of storage, both uppers and underneath.....
As well as a bed as far from the entry as possible, the main purpose of this design.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:25 AM   #60

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
If this layout has been refined at the time we moved to the 5.0TA, there is a good chance we would have got this instead.

While I do prefer a dinette in the rear, it really is not a huge deal, as we usually only sit there when it is dark out as I much prefer the view from outside. Besides, many a time the rear view is close trees, where the front view is always open. No one right way to have it all the time.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
21'le, floor plan