Escape 23 - Page 15 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2023, 03:44 PM   #281

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I've introduced the concept of "mock up" to classes of engineering students with CAD skills now far beyond mine and they were quick to grasp the concept.

Using wood, 1/8" plywood, cardboard and lots of hot melt glue can create a 3D model that provides much more "real life" feedback than any computer model can.
That's a classic mock-up, showing the size and shape of the proposed product... and it's very useful. It's different from a prototype, which is a fully functional product made like the production item will be.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 04:11 PM   #282

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
Personally I would like the stove and possible splatter or mist as far away from the bedding as possible. So the stove near the door would be my preference.
And I prefer it by the door as it is then useful to pull out the faucet and fill things outside if needed. Or when we don't have a sewer hookup sometimes we keep a bucket outside the door and empty dishwater (or clear water from waiting for the water to heat up etc.) into that to reduce impact to our gray tank. Also I do most of my messy cooking outside where possible. So the stove messes are minimal for me.

There are pluses and minuses to every option.
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 04:39 PM   #283

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
When we were originally looking at campers we liked the layout of the Lance 2075 because of the front bed and the rear dinette but we didn't want a 25' trailer. We also like the Airstream 25 FB Twin but those were far outside of our realm.

The bigger kitchen prep space in the 23 is nice compared to the Lance and I'm not overly concern about the size of the dinette for just two people. A card game of 4 and it starts getting small quickly.

We found the Escape 21C as a perfect middle ground. But the 23 video looks like a nice compromise from the 25' crowd.
Attached Thumbnails
lance-2075-travel-trailer-2022.jpg  
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2023, 06:59 PM   #284
Site Team

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilye View Post
. . . As to the dry bath problem I wonder if something like the wet/dry bath with pivoting wall used in the might be an interesting compromise.
That's a neat idea. Probably would take more space overall than the 21C wet bath, but maybe not a whole lot more. Would likely appeal to me!

Maybe suggest it to Karl?
Old 03-13-2023, 07:53 AM   #285

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
That's a neat idea. Probably would take more space overall than the 21C wet bath, but maybe not a whole lot more. Would likely appeal to me!

Maybe suggest it to Karl?
I did last year when I pointed out the lack of counter space in all the early layouts - never got a reply...
Old 03-13-2023, 08:09 AM   #286

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing Trials View Post
I personally don't care for looking in the door at my bed. I also have been working on using the table as a "office". So nicer days sit & watch the world from there(keep an eye on my aussies if in an exercise pen outside). As far as a smaller bed, I did this. Now a Full with storage for bedding & my rolled up jeans mostly. "Sailboat type" holding for things on top. As I'm one for changing from work pants to dresser to be seen in Public. It can/will come out into my new one. All my work on the raised dinning has to stay with old
I like the look of those storage along the tops, is there a source?
Old 04-22-2023, 10:25 AM   #287

Trailer: 2013 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D View Post
I'm always wondering why people don't use the shower.
We use our shower because I don't like loading my
'stuff' up and using what are sometimes not-so-clean showers. I trust MY dirt....! We have a great system in the shower.

For me I have VERY long hair. I can't being to wash it, with the tiny Hot water heater. I might try on very hot summer day, when cold water is warm too.
Chasing Trials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 10:54 AM   #288

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I used to cut my hair short for summer and kept it longer in the winter for comfort reasons...
Old 04-22-2023, 11:10 AM   #289
Site Team

Quote:
'stuff' up and using what are sometimes not-so-clean showers. I trust MY dirt....! We have a great system in the shower.
I'm with you. The big problem is the limited grey tank. Take a couple of real showers and you fill it up. No trouble if you've got a sewer connection, but if not (we usually don't in state parks) you've got to hitch up and go to the dump, or get a tote-tank and roll it to the dump.
Old 04-22-2023, 12:04 PM   #290

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Karl did have an interesting teaser in his latest video leading me to believe that maybe at long last the 23 will surface at the rally.

I'll be at ETI before that and keep my eyes peeled.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 05:52 PM   #291

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Grey water

Quote:
I'm with you. The big problem is the limited grey tank. Take a couple of real showers and you fill it up. No trouble if you've got a sewer connection, but if not (we usually don't in state parks) you've got to hitch up and go to the dump, or get a tote-tank and roll it to the dump.
If I’m going to be somewhere long enough to need to empty the grey tank before I’m ready to leave, I bring along a couple five gallon plastic buckets with lids, I use a sewer cap with the garden hose hookup and a quarter turn shutoff valve to meter the flow. I decant about ten gallons into the two buckets, put the lid on and put them in our tow vehicle and take them to the dump station and pour them down the drain. A couple trips and I’m setup again. It’s just part of camping for me. I like doing little camp chores so my day goes smoother and in this case I don’t end up with grey water in the shower floor pan. YMMV
I’ve never hitched up, dumped and went back for the same site in ten years of Escape
Camping. Carrying two fives over to the tow vehicle is my equivalent of a gym membership with no monthly fee.
Iowa Dave
Old 04-22-2023, 10:04 PM   #292
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
If I’m going to be somewhere long enough to need to empty the grey tank before I’m ready to leave, I bring along a couple five gallon plastic buckets with lids, I use a sewer cap with the garden hose hookup and a quarter turn shutoff valve to meter the flow. I decant about ten gallons into the two buckets, put the lid on and put them in our tow vehicle and take them to the dump station and pour them down the drain. A couple trips and I’m setup again. It’s just part of camping for me. I like doing little camp chores so my day goes smoother and in this case I don’t end up with grey water in the shower floor pan. YMMV
I’ve never hitched up, dumped and went back for the same site in ten years of Escape
Camping. Carrying two fives over to the tow vehicle is my equivalent of a gym membership with no monthly fee.
Iowa Dave
I bought a Camco 15-gallon tote tank last fall. We haven't had to use it yet, but this summer we're going out to the PA Wilds and might there. It can be wheeled by hand, or pulled by tow vehicle, so shouldn't be much of a burden. I can also do without showers, except for itchy scalp that needs attention. Could use the external shower if it's warm enough.
Old 04-23-2023, 12:06 AM   #293

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Hi: Donna D... Do you have a "Dual pronoun" system in your shower? Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 08:31 AM   #294
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Just a note to all, the user who tried to impersonate Donna has been banned. Thanks.
Old 04-23-2023, 09:20 AM   #295

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Just a note to all, the user who tried to impersonate Donna has been banned. Thanks.

Good, something fishy sure was going on.
Old 04-23-2023, 11:23 AM   #296

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Good, didn't see how that situation had any future. Donna's name is so well known it would have been a nuisance to her to have a third party making comments that would have mistakenly been attributed to her.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 01:14 PM   #297
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Good, didn't see how that situation had any future. Donna's name is so well known it would have been a nuisance to her to have a third party making comments that would have mistakenly been attributed to her.

Ron
?? I subscribe to this thread, but guess I missed all the excitement.
Old 04-23-2023, 02:44 PM   #298

Quote:

"Someone" who said, he was like "returning", looking for a 5.0. Picked Donna D (no period) as a "Handle", but called himself "Johnathan"? & Oh, was from Boston, Alaska? Something fishy to me, or a kid.
Old 04-30-2023, 05:33 PM   #299

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19'
Quote:
Yeah . . . mw too.

Chuck
citabria90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 06:23 PM   #300

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
Other Escape 23 pictures

There are some well taken Escape 23 pictures at different sources available but here are some other pictures that might be of interest to some taken at the Rally.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5917.jpg   IMG_5918.jpg   IMG_5919.jpg   IMG_5920.jpg   IMG_5921.jpg  

IMG_5922.jpg   IMG_5923.jpg   IMG_5924.jpg  

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote