Escape 23 - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2020, 08:53 PM   #41

Trailer: 2022 21C Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
Without a doubt the best pre-production 'teaser' and customer-input 'collaboration' tools I've ever seen for any product.

Inclusion of critically important storage volume and kitchen countertop area handled with brilliant simplicity.

Kudos.
I agree!
ebike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 09:07 PM   #42

Trailer: 2022 21C Escape
Talking Portal is a winner and so is the F6

If the f6 twin bed was available today I would buy it. I love the portal and that you can see all the views. One thing I love about the f6 is you can still get some bedroom privacy and the outside door is not in the bedroom. My husband needs a lot of sleep due to illness and this would be perfect for us.

I can also imagine the twin bed setup working great for say my husband and one of his buddies going on a trip or me going with one of my friends and going mountain biking. The possibilities are so much more. Now I am even more excited to get my stick trailer sold so we can watch and see how this develops and get in line when it becomes available. BTW I love the dry bath.

I guess I should qualify that by saying.. not if it is the murphy bed.

Karl and Escape trailers you have my vote for best company around. Thank you so much for allowing us to voice our opinions.
ebike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 09:35 PM   #43

Trailer: 2014 5.0TA "The HAB"
Got my portal invite and took a look. Not trading in my 5.0 anytime soon, though. The ability to put a king size bed in mine was a real plus, and I offered up the suggestion of possibly eliminating 5-6” per side on the queen beds for a king mattress, but didn’t know how much walk in space that would leave. I’m so used to slipping down out of the TA bedroom instead of rolling out the side! My one critical suggestion was to think about a ductless A/C option. I know it eliminates an overhead cabinet and necessitates a platform for the compressor, but the peace/quiet and efficiency of an inverter unit would be great.
Tford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 11:13 PM   #44

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Things are different in 2D vs 3D. With a separate bedroom it will be like being in an Escape 13 when in the rear dinette- will it not?
Old 05-04-2020, 12:16 AM   #45

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tford View Post
My one critical suggestion was to think about a ductless A/C option. I know it eliminates an overhead cabinet and necessitates a platform for the compressor, but the peace/quiet and efficiency of an inverter unit would be great.
Had mine running today while I finished my frame reconditioning just to give it some runtime. Literally had to stop to check if it was still running because it is so quiet inside and outside. I’m glad you suggested it to Escape. It is definitely a game changer for those that want or need A/C.
Old 05-04-2020, 12:53 AM   #46

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
One of the things I really like about our 19’ is the large storage space under the bed that can be accessed from the outside. Easy to store camp chairs and other large items there.

Layout 5 looks like it would be similar, but I’m not sure how the storage space under the front N-S walk around beds (layouts 1 and 4) could be accessed except from inside the trailer. Maybe the space under the nightstands is part of an exterior pass through?
Micheal K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:25 AM   #47

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micheal K View Post
One of the things I really like about our 19’ is the large storage space under the bed that can be accessed from the outside. Easy to store camp chairs and other large items there.

Layout 5 looks like it would be similar, but I’m not sure how the storage space under the front N-S walk around beds (layouts 1 and 4) could be accessed except from inside the trailer. Maybe the space under the nightstands is part of an exterior pass through?
This is where the twin bed model would shine. Good access to storage from inside or out, as well as a good place to put trailer mechanical assessories.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 01:58 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
This is where the twin bed model would shine. Good access to storage from inside or out, as well as a good place to put trailer mechanical assessories.
Yup. The twin layouts do seem like they’d have the best under bed storage access and allow for the most overhead storage. Not sure my better half would go for twin beds though - no place to warm her feet at night.
Micheal K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 04:07 PM   #49

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Problem with the front bed and storage is tongue weight. Appears the kitchen is over the wheels and the bath is wheels and forward.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:53 PM   #50

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Problem with the front bed and storage is tongue weight. Appears the kitchen is over the wheels and the bath is wheels and forward.
I would consider this a good thing, and not a problem. My 2009 19 really needed more weight forward, something the storage box and batteries in it solved.

They will have to plan this all out when they make the final decision on layouts.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:24 AM   #51

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21
Spending 5 months each year in our 21 we find the wet shower quite satisfactory. Please give us more kitchen counter space for cooking.
sprinkledavid@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 10:54 AM   #52

Trailer: No RV
I like 23F6 but would like the option to slide the twin beds together for a queen or fill the space to make a King.and replace dinning table and seating with recliners
Higgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:33 AM   #53

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 1300
I still like my 1300 Trillium. Small size is such a plus.
Old 05-06-2020, 11:34 AM   #54

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
There is a similar thread at Fiberglass RV discussing the different floor plans.

Mike added one that he admits to "lifting" from a Lance's Model 1995, minus the slide. Hope he doesn't mind me copying it & posting here. I like it, although I'd reverse the dinette & kitchen to avoid the under trailer cross over water lines. Personally, I'd prefer a full size bed (54" X 75") which would provide clearance for the reversing. As he pointed out, he did not consider wheel wells or water heater, furnace, and other built in appliances, but a large kitchen counter is, at least for me, a necessity.
Attached Thumbnails
Escape 23 Concept-Layout1.jpg  
Old 05-06-2020, 12:52 PM   #55

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
The problem I see with the photo and wanting to remove walls for recliners is the need for structural walls, both lower and upper. With the SOB the straight walls/roof are freestanding with internal framing in the walls and ceiling, not with a molded egg which needs internal bracing outside the walls for rigidity.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:39 PM   #56

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger C H View Post
I still like my 1300 Trillium. Small size is such a plus.

At some point Escapes are no longer a small trailer, the 19 is probably the last I'd call small, the 21/5.0TAs would be borderline, with a 23 being a midsize trailer.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:38 PM   #57

Tow Vehicle upsize

Quote:
Originally Posted by padlin View Post
At some point Escapes are no longer a small trailer, the 19 is probably the last I'd call small, the 21/5.0TAs would be borderline, with a 23 being a midsize trailer.
I agree padlin, the realization of this for me was thinking about what we will need to tow the 23 as our current TV works great for our 19 but may not be enough for the 23.
Bear101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 12:37 AM   #58

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
So far I've read that several folks would be very interested in purchasing a 23'. I'm sure there are others interested.

However, I'm not one of them! It's great fun to look at the floor plans and tomorrow Dirk and I will look them over via the portal and submit our comments. I think it's great they're asking for feedback.

While a dry bath would be nice to have at times, it's not a requirement. Yes, I do use the wet bath for showering all the time as I'm not interested in wandering over to see if a shower is available, especially if it's raining or windy or nippy out (don't do much camping in the summer). I'll stay in my trailer where I step from a hot shower to a warm trailer to dry off and get dressed. Yes, it does get to be a PITA to dry off the bathroom after showering, but whatever - I can deal with it. I have a full size shower curtain that I pull over the toilet (I installed some hooks at the top and clips with rings along the top of the shower curtain) and bring lots of wash cloths for drying off the walls and shower curtain.

I would really miss all my kitchen counter space! I utilize every inch of it and then some. I didn't see any place in most of the layouts to put the flip up counters, which I use all the time (all 4 of 'em).

It looks like on the portal it shows cabinetry, so I don't know if any cabinet space is lost or not until we look at them tomorrow. However, I would not want to lose any cabinets! I use all of 'em and even the extra we had them add on (over the drawers over the furnace instead of the counter). The first thing most visitors to the trailer say is "look at all that cabinet space" or words to that effect.

I like the idea of the door in the back, however having the door by the bed has never bothered me. Plus, it's great to fling my stuff on the bed when I come in and flop on the u-shaped dinette to relax a bit before I put all my stuff away. I'd have to put it all away if I came in by the dinette.

I really LOVE the idea of the inside door!!!! I wonder if you can request a super sound proof one to reduce the amount of snoring that emanates from one's spouse?

I'm thrilled that Escape is coming out with a 23' as it might be in our future for when Dirk retires and we both go camping at the same time. Right now it's mostly me taking it out and the 21' is perfect for that.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 08:35 PM   #59

Trailer: 2002 Coleman Tacoma

My wife and I are in the market for a trailer as I approach retirement next year. I really like the twin bed options, as I attend some music festivals with some buddies a few times a year, and two twins in those situations are more optimal.
I am anxiously waiting final plans before I make a decision on a purchase of any trailer currently on the market. The Escape comes in at an excellent pricepoint/value for me. I will be extremely disappointed if they don't offer one of the options with the twin bed.
mcamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:36 AM   #60

Trailer: 2009 Rpod 151
Unless the 23 foot mold is done, make the new trailer a 24 so you have the kitchen counter space.
mtbmitch is offline   Reply With Quote