Escape 23 - Page 6 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2020, 11:49 AM   #101

Trailer: Getting a 21NE early next year
Who knows?!? That's a question for Karl at ETI. We're U.S. and looking at a 21. Big enough for my wife and I, and just barely affordable!

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 11:50 AM   #102

Trailer: Escape 21' 2016
I’m always wondering why people don’t use the shower. We use our shower because I don’t like loading my ‘stuff’ up and using what are sometimes not-so-clean showers. I trust MY dirt....! We have a great system in the shower. Since the shower curtain covers the towel rack and door, I face the window and all the water runs down the curtain. Nothing gets wet. Since I spend much more time in the galley and 15 min/day in the shower, I vote for a wet shower and more counter space. (Can’t have too much counter space, IMHO.)
2005 Toyota 4Runner
Carla Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 01:43 PM   #103

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
We don't use the onboard shower unless there are none where we are staying or the showers are not kept up enough for us to use. Sub par ones are fairly rare.

We do so to save on filling the gray tank and emptying the fresh. Save us cleaning up ours after use, much nicer having more room, no limit on hot water, and keeps from generating all that moisture in the camper.

How someone else uses their camper is their business, not mine.
Old 06-17-2020, 01:47 PM   #104

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Jean View Post
I’m always wondering why people don’t use the shower. We use our shower because I don’t like loading my ‘stuff’ up and using what are sometimes not-so-clean showers. I trust MY dirt....! We have a great system in the shower. Since the shower curtain covers the towel rack and door, I face the window and all the water runs down the curtain. Nothing gets wet. Since I spend much more time in the galley and 15 min/day in the shower, I vote for a wet shower and more counter space. (Can’t have too much counter space, IMHO.)
We are with you on this . Prefer our own facilities ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 02:06 PM   #105

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Hey folks can do whatever they want, but most public restrooms are closed in the campgrounds I’ve been in since April. So if you want a shower or 1&2 it needs to be in your trailer. I guess you could also just not go out until we get on the backside of the virus, but it could be some time till the park's open any facilities again.
I’m heading to the White Mountains again in about 10 days, but that park has no water, restrooms and dumpsters are closed with crime scene tape. That’s at a commercial campground. The one I’m going to in Aug is a state park, all facilities are closed,and you must be self-contained to be allowed in. No tenters.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 02:20 PM   #106

Trailer: None yet
Some of the parks I visit simply don't have any shower facilities. We'd need to drive way out to shower, otherwise. I would prefer to shower in my own RV.
yhbae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 02:33 PM   #107

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
While I have no problem using most of the campground showers I've run into, I spend the winter dry camping at the Quartzsite Long Term Visitor Area. Where I usually set up is 3 miles from the dump station and fresh water fill, so I rarely shower in the trailer to lessen the number of tear downs to head to the dump station.

They have very clean pay showers at the Laundromat on Main st. For $8.00 & they supply soap, shampoo, towel & wash cloth. I generally take a shower while my clothes (not the ones I'm wearing!) are in the dryer, and only shower in the trailer after enough exercise to require it.

When I'm in a campground with hookups, or plan to move in a day or two, I have no problem using the trailer shower. It only takes a minute or two to squeegee down the walls & finish up with a Shammy.
Old 06-17-2020, 05:15 PM   #108

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg A View Post
I’m heading to the White Mountains again in about 10 days, but that park has no water, restrooms and dumpsters are closed with crime scene tape. That’s at a commercial campground. The one I’m going to in Aug is a state park, all facilities are closed,and you must be self-contained to be allowed in. No tenters.
Geez. Hope they are letting you use the dump station on the way out!
rubicon327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 05:56 PM   #109

Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Seventy Degrees"
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Geez. Hope they are letting you use the dump station on the way out!
Lol, they do have that open but I wait till I get back to storage. I can pull in any unused space in the rv park to dump as part of my storage. I know right now in the heat most are not being rented, so much safer than a single dump station at the campground that everyone uses.
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 07:38 AM   #110

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I much prefer using the public washrooms for lots of reasons, many stated here already.

- If real early I don't wake the wife
- Lots more room
- No using my own water or filling my tanks
- More room in shower
- Always nice to go for a walk, even a short one
- I can often chat with other campers on the way there or back
- For my wife a longer shower to wash hair is much easier

With campground showers I only care that they are cleaned and the water is warm and has a decent pressure. I don't care if they are all modern looking. I must pick good campgrounds as I have only once or twice come across one I did not use. The biggest issue I have had is that I am often the first one in for the day and have to prime all the hot water pipes for a bit until the flow gets through to the shower head.

There is nothing wrong with using the trailer shower, especially if you are a bit shy in public. They do the job great. We do a lot of boondocking so to save water and grey tank space, we mostly sponge bath then which works great, but still do use the shower the odd time. I used very little water have no hair, but my wife has a lot of nice hair so uses a bit more water to rinse it out.

I would have to guess in our last Escape we have had for 3 years, with few hundred nights in it, we have used the shower probably 20 times at the most. To be fair, we do lots of 3-4 night trips so as we are camping we have no need to shower usually, just use a warm wet cloth for cleaning.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 07:48 AM   #111

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
We use the campground facilities ( Restrooms/ Showers) during the day
We use our on board facilities at night
We have owned 3 FG trailers and have never used the interior shower— Have used the outdoor shower on occasion
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 07:59 AM   #112

Trailer: Getting a 21NE early next year
Our Parkliner had a shower. Over the 5 years we owned it, I might have showered once in it. Basically, all the reasons Jim mentions are me too, except I do have very long hair.

Frank
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 11:45 PM   #113

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19'
Tank monitoring system in 23’

Any chance this new trailer can have a tank monitoring system that shows percentages and not thirds? Thirds are so inaccurate, there’s a big difference between 33 and 65, 66 and 99.... Or at least have it as an upgradable option?
TesaLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 05:39 AM   #114

Trailer: None, sold my 2014 5.0TA
The fractions don't mean a whole lot. I added water to each tank, a few years back I measured the point where each tank triggered the different percentages, starting from empty. I was only concerned with some figures, so that's all you see here. This is on a 5.0TA.

Black - Full, 15 of 30

Gray - Full, 26 of 28
- 2/3, 15 of 28

Fresh - Full, 22 of 28
- 2/3, 14 of 28
- 1/3, 6 of 28
Old 06-23-2020, 06:00 AM   #115

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by TesaLD View Post
Any chance this new trailer can have a tank monitoring system that shows percentages and not thirds? Thirds are so inaccurate, there’s a big difference between 33 and 65, 66 and 99.... Or at least have it as an upgradable option?
You can always change it out yourself if it bothers you that much. there are several tank monitor systems out there. Escape does use horst probes.....
Old 06-23-2020, 09:43 AM   #116

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19'
To say it “bothers” me might be an overstatement. Just thinking that there is a better system out there, and since a brand new trailer design is underway, why not include it? That said, what “add-on” systems would you recommend? Thanks!
TesaLD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 09:50 AM   #117

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
To say it “bothers” me might be an overstatement. Just thinking that there is a better system out there, and since a brand new trailer design is underway, why not include it? That said, what “add-on” systems would you recommend? Thanks!
Nothing really, after 3 prior Escapes I feel I have finally made it "my way" and content the way it is, now if we can just get back on the road, that is the issue right now.
Old 06-23-2020, 12:13 PM   #118

Trailer: LOOKING
Anyone know when the 23f will be available
ERIC J POOLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 12:39 AM   #119

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Quote:
I agree.. I'd assumed the SeeLevel system was significantly more expensive, but it doesn't seem to be. Along the lines of $200 vs $150, and not really any more difficult of an install.
Defenestrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 08:01 AM   #120

Trailer: 2002 Coleman Tacoma
Prototype 23 should be finished in September with production starting in January according to an email I received. If the Covid pandemic settles down I was hoping to go see the prototype in late October.

Mark
mcamp is offline   Reply With Quote