Escape 23 - Process Update - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-11-2020, 02:55 PM   #1
Escape Trailer Industries
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Chilliwack, British Columbia
Trailer: All of them
Posts: 69
Escape 23 - Process Update

11 September 2020

We are releasing more information in the next couple of weeks on the order process for the Escape 23. At this time we have a few customers with orders in place for alternate size units who would like to consider the option to change to an Escape 23 if the timing works with our production capability.

BE AWARE if you place a deposit specifically for an Escape 23 before we announce that we are accepting deposits, you run the risk of the cancellation fee.

To be clear, do not jump the gun. Placing a deposit specifically for the Escape 23 does not guarantee you a production slot.

Karl@Escape
__________________

Karl@Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 06:19 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
TahoeJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: South Lake Tahoe, California
Trailer: 2017 5.0
Posts: 428
Can't wait for the update! I was very close to ordering a 5.0, but now I am waiting to see more 23 details, in case I like that one better...
__________________

TahoeJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 05:24 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Libertyville, Illinois
Trailer: 2020 Casita
Posts: 2
Has there been any information regarding the 23 being able to sleep 5?
PSchultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 08:44 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 14,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSchultz View Post
Has there been any information regarding the 23 being able to sleep 5?
Escape Trailer Industries staff do not monitor this forum, and are unlikely to ever respond.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 09:13 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
diannelgraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Snohomish, Washington
Trailer: 2021 21C
Posts: 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSchultz View Post
Has there been any information regarding the 23 being able to sleep 5?
I would ask that question on Escape’s form they will give you an answer
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 01:58 AM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Bowen Island, BC, British Columbia
Trailer: 2021 Escape E19
Posts: 68
Nice to see it up on the Escape website under Trailers.
Congrats!
MarkinVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 11:42 AM   #7
Member
 
JeffinBC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Port Moody, British Columbia
Trailer: 2022 Escape 21C
Posts: 66
Agreed. I didn’t realize the shower is a separate room. Also interesting that anyone sleeping in the dinette area would have to pretty much enter the front bedroom to use the head on the 23C. Looking forward to seeing more progress on the design.
JeffinBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 04:01 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Trailer: Na
Posts: 1
We're a family of 4 and the 23 is on my radar. The 23C specifically for the bed layout. However, the bathroom and shower door opening into the hallway on the 23T would be so much nicer. Especially with kids.

Ideally there would be a cot/bunk option to put over the dinette when it's setup as a bed as well.
Wannabecamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 08:35 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: NC, North Carolina
Trailer: Escape
Posts: 3
The 23 Twin Model will be an awesome layout. Very similar to the Airstream 25 twin, which was perfect for myself and two kids. They got the beds in the back, I got the long couch in the galley. I'm patiently waiting for more details. Oh, did I mention the perks of a dry bath? Could never get onboard with a wet bath for some reason. Lastly the aluminum frame will be a game changer as well! Do you buy the first year production run though, or wait for all the bugs to be worked out? Being a new model and all.
trail.trade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 08:44 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
sofmerc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: St Augustine, Florida
Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Posts: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by trail.trade View Post
The 23 Twin Model will be an awesome layout. Very similar to the Airstream 25 twin, which was perfect for myself and two kids. They got the beds in the back, I got the long couch in the galley. I'm patiently waiting for more details. Oh, did I mention the perks of a dry bath? Could never get onboard with a wet bath for some reason. Lastly the aluminum frame will be a game changer as well! Do you buy the first year production run though, or wait for all the bugs to be worked out? Being a new model and all.
Not sure I would buy the first year run...and if you wanted to get in line, you would probably on year 2 run anyway.
__________________
2022 5.0TA . F150 4 wheel drive, EB 3.5 Andersen ultimate hitch. Trailer delivered 4/22. Jack
sofmerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 05:25 AM   #11
Site Team
 
John in Santa Cruz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Mid Left Coast, California
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Posts: 4,185
a 21 classic, with the U dinette on a Springfield pedestal and dicor slider... clear everything off the table, drop it to 'bed' height, rearrange the dinette pillows, put a cover over them, and let the kids use their indoor sleeping bags, sleepover style. my then 20-ish daughter slept on that dinette conversion bed for the better part of a week after her first 1/3rd of the PCT, and thought it was totally cush. Hah, I ended up driving with a couple of her trail friends jammed into the half back seat of my F250 the whole distance from the south Sierra to Santa Cruz County. we stopped for a killer lunch at this German deli in Tehachapi.

I made them listen to BLUEGRASS music, and LIKE IT. muahahahaahah.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 07:59 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
MrLynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Posts: 354
They're good, but more newgrass than bluegrass. Here's the real thing:

__________________
• "The Molded Fiberglass Obsession," https://walkingcreekworld.wordpress....ass-obsession/
MrLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 07:07 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: San Francisco, California
Trailer: N/A
Posts: 32
Is there an update somewhere on the process? I think I saw when I signed up that it would be a lottery.
EscapingDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 07:24 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
MrLynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapingDan View Post
Is there an update somewhere on the process? I think I saw when I signed up that it would be a lottery.
In the first video I think they explained that once they had one or two prototypes completed and tested, they would have a lottery among the names on the Waiting List for those. Then they would start taking orders.

Or so I recall. The video may be on the E23 page on the website.

Question is: Will the Wait List folks get priority of place when ordering?
__________________
• "The Molded Fiberglass Obsession," https://walkingcreekworld.wordpress....ass-obsession/
MrLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 10:04 PM   #15
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2022
Location: San Francisco, California
Trailer: N/A
Posts: 32
Waiting list for what, a prototype? Not sure what you’re saying, normally engineering prototypes aren’t sold but written off as R&D costs. Karl said in the most recent video that the proto he was walking through would not be sold.

By wait list I assume the list you can sign up on the 23 page. I’m on it and I assume a lot of people, who knows how many of those are phantom (e.g. people just waiting to see final build/specs/price)
EscapingDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 10:17 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
MrLynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscapingDan View Post
Waiting list for what, a prototype? Not sure what you’re saying, normally engineering prototypes aren’t sold but written off as R&D costs. Karl said in the most recent video that the proto he was walking through would not be sold. . .
I'm pretty sure Karl said they would sell the prototypes, but my memory ain't what it used to be (but then, it never was).
__________________
• "The Molded Fiberglass Obsession," https://walkingcreekworld.wordpress....ass-obsession/
MrLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 12:21 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Ron in BC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: North Van., British Columbia
Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Posts: 7,259
Karl did say at one point that the prototypes would be sold.

But they'd probably need to retain at least one initially as a demo unit. After being vapor ware for so long a lot of folks would probably like to see for real what the interior space is like.

I think that the term "subject to change" probably covers the situation.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 02:02 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Kent, Ohio
Trailer: 2017 21c Sold Bigfoot 25RQ on order
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
They're good, but more newgrass than bluegrass. Here's the real thing:

Actually the real thing is the old record Flat and Scruggs at Carnegie Hall. Everybody else is derivative in my opinion. Not that that's a bad thing. I opened for the New Grass Revival in a band called Gopher Broke in the mid 1970's. I got to know Kenny Baker and Josh Graves when I presented them a couple of times in festivals and concerts that I produced for the Cuyahoga Valley National Parker for 11 years. MY favorite memories however was Johnny Gimble playing Western swing on my stage and having the great Bucky Pizzarelli join him for the set. Bob's your Uncle.

Great music everywhere.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 02:46 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
MrLynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2021
Location: Framingham, Massachusetts
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022
Posts: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwave View Post
Actually the real thing is the old record Flat and Scruggs at Carnegie Hall. Everybody else is derivative in my opinion. Not that that's a bad thing. I opened for the New Grass Revival in a band called Gopher Broke in the mid 1970's. I got to know Kenny Baker and Josh Graves when I presented them a couple of times in festivals and concerts that I produced for the Cuyahoga Valley National Parker for 11 years. MY favorite memories however was Johnny Gimble playing Western swing on my stage and having the great Bucky Pizzarelli join him for the set. Bob's your Uncle.

Great music everywhere.
OW, I have a Gopher Broke T-shirt! I can just barely read the logo: "Gopher Broke, Traditional Bluegrass Music." They (you?) played live on Hillbilly at Harvard, in Cambridge, MA, the radio show I have hosted (with colleague Ol' Sinc until his death in 2002, then solo) on WHRB for many decades. My recollection is that they were a New Hampshire band, not from Ohio, but I may have gotten it wrong. I have tapes of many live bands in our studios from about 1986, but if Gopher Broke were there in the '70s I won't have one.

I'm still doing HAH, now since the 'pandemic' reduced to two hours (9-11am Eastern, Saturdays), which I'm recording at home and uploading. More information on the HAH blog: http://hillbillyatharvard.wordpress.com

UPDATE: I just found a recording of Hillbilly at Harvard from 24Feb01 (!), with the label "Gopher Broke BG." Could it be the same band? Quick Internet search shows they're from Vermont.
__________________
• "The Molded Fiberglass Obsession," https://walkingcreekworld.wordpress....ass-obsession/
MrLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 08:58 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Kent, Ohio
Trailer: 2017 21c Sold Bigfoot 25RQ on order
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLynn View Post
OW, I have a Gopher Broke T-shirt! I can just barely read the logo: "Gopher Broke, Traditional Bluegrass Music." They (you?) played live on Hillbilly at Harvard, in Cambridge, MA, the radio show I have hosted (with colleague Ol' Sinc until his death in 2002, then solo) on WHRB for many decades. My recollection is that they were a New Hampshire band, not from Ohio, but I may have gotten it wrong. I have tapes of many live bands in our studios from about 1986, but if Gopher Broke were there in the '70s I won't have one.

I'm still doing HAH, now since the 'pandemic' reduced to two hours (9-11am Eastern, Saturdays), which I'm recording at home and uploading. More information on the HAH blog: http://hillbillyatharvard.wordpress.com

UPDATE: I just found a recording of Hillbilly at Harvard from 24Feb01 (!), with the label "Gopher Broke BG." Could it be the same band? Quick Internet search shows they're from Vermont.
Different band same name, we played Western Swing and old jazz tunes from the mid 70’s to the late 80’s in NE Ohio.
__________________

oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×