ESCAPE: COVID-19 update 22 March 2020 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-22-2020, 02:27 PM   #1
Escape Trailer Industries

Trailer: All of them
ESCAPE: COVID-19 update 22 March 2020

Escape: COVID-19 Update

Please email us on sales@escapetrailer.com if you have a question.

Hope you are all staying well. We are in a good positive mindset with no corporate fears other than the wellbeing of our staff and customers.

We have no reported cases of COVID-19 in the company. We are all practicing social distancing and have moved the sales team to their homes to continue taking orders and supporting our customers through their configuration process. Our showroom is closed, our virtual showroom on the website is open.

Hitch setup and trailer collection/export are continuing. We are not completing orientations and will not be installing TV arms, umbra hooks etc. We will of course provide full support to you so you can do these yourself. The US border is still open to trade, and we will continue to export trailers for as long as possible.

Currently approx 1/3 of our production team have chosen to self isolate. This is impacting our production timing for current orders, we reacted quickly last week, modified our plans and at this point only 6 customer builds are going to be delayed by 1 to 10 days max (we will contact all those customers). We are positive and will continue to produce.

We have had a lot of changes to orientation dates in the past couple of weeks. Our process to get your trailer ready for delivery or collection is detailed: we pull the trailer from storage (which can mean moving many other trailers around, we currently have approx 130 customer trailers on site); complete a full QC, and clean/polish inside and out. This can take us up to 5 days bearing in mind that we have 5 stations and each station takes approx 1 day. Sharon (your orientation contact) is continuing to work at the office and will coordinate with the operations team, please be patient with us during this time.

We are continuing to focus on 'we' not 'just me' with empathy and compassion for all, while practicing the best controls to reduce the impact of this virus.

Finally, if you have any questions please email us on sales@escapetrailer.com, the team will answer you and they will forward to me if they do not have the answer.

Stay well,
Karl@Escape
Karl@Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 02:50 PM   #2
Ops

Trailer: 2020 - 21NE "JoMoE" (Just our Means of Escape)
Thanks Karl for the timely update.
You've answered a couple of questions for me.
I can fully understand and appreciate the efforts you're all making.
Although any delay would be a disappointment - the old axiom "Patience is a virtue" holds true as this crisis develops.
Stay safe. Stay strong.
Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 03:06 PM   #3

Trailer: Escape 17B - Café con Leche - 2020
Hi Karl.
My trailer Completion Date is 2-April-2020, my plan is to pick it up in mid May, so if need it you can push my completion date down the road.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:42 PM   #4

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
We picked our 19 up today with no problem. Drove over to Lynden for propane and camping at lighthouse by the bay in Blaine, WA. Heading to Salt Lake and then home to Houston.
Glens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:19 AM   #5

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
M and M, you may want to call them for more direct response. not sure how often this is monitored. That's nice of you to give notice.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:32 AM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17B - Café con Leche - 2020
I did, send an email to the sales lady that handled my Build Sheet, a week ago, she responded that deliveries were on schedule.