Escape COVID-19 Update for Customers already in the order process - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2020, 05:41 PM   #1
Escape Trailer Industries

Trailer: All of them
Escape COVID-19 Update for Customers already in the order process

All current customers will have been sent an email with similar content to below.

There is growing concern about the spread of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and impact it may have on travel and gatherings in the coming months. We are all doing our best to stay positive, practice social distancing and reduce the impact.

To further protect our customers and employees during the spread of COVID-19 we are moving to 100% interaction on phone and email.

Being manufacturer direct with customers across North America we are very skilled at long distance communications, in fact >95% of our customers complete the entire order and configuration process over the phone.

Our showroom will be closed until further notice, and all in person appointments will be rescheduled to phone calls.

Orientations are still proceeding, but we have scaled back our orientation process i.e., we are not taking customers through the full orientation, we encourage customers to self educate with our orientation videos online and the owners manual.

Your Options:

Proceed as normal:
Proceed as planned with your Orientation/pick up plans.
For our USA Customers: As long as the border is open to commercial traffic, we can export your trailer. As of today 16 March 2020 USA citizens can still cross the Canadian border, and worst case if non-commercial traffic is stopped we should be able to meet customers at Bob's Burgers parking lot on the USA side of the Sumas border crossing.
Delay collection:
You can store your unit at Escape, it is $100/month CAD or part thereof (I have arranged some new storage space, and they charge us by the month or part thereof).
Use the delivery service:
We have arrangements with a few of our logistics companies, the rate is around $3/mile USD. We also verify costs before making the arrangements. For deliveries please contact Melisa@escapetrailer.com

Stay well,

Karl@Escape
Karl@Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 06:20 PM   #2
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
These look to me like common sense precautions. Hopefully this crisis will pass sooner rather than later.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:44 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
All of you please take good care!
Old 08-09-2020, 07:41 AM   #4

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Independent Inspection

Just wondering; If US citizens can't cross into BC to inspect their new RV and if the new owner doesn't want to travel to Washington, has any one had their new Escape trailer inspected by an independent RV inspector before delivery.
Letsdothis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:00 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape 5.0TA 2021
Send a message via MSN to GeorgeATX Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeATX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letsdothis View Post
Just wondering; If US citizens can't cross into BC to inspect their new RV and if the new owner doesn't want to travel to Washington, has any one had their new Escape trailer inspected by an independent RV inspector before delivery.
I asked yesterday during a configuration meeting what services would be available at delivery and apparently it's a truck driver unloading it for you and that's about it. So, no predelivery inspection. I would like to see ETI develop affiliates in the US with trained authorized service staff.
GeorgeATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:55 PM   #6

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeATX View Post
I would like to see ETI develop affiliates in the US with trained authorized service staff.

Go for it.
How much more are you willing to pay?
Old 02-19-2021, 10:58 PM   #7

Trailer: 2022 21C Escape
Question

Thank you! I just watched the video and checked out the new inventory site. I would really like to know what can be added post production.
ebike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 11:28 PM   #8

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebike1 View Post
Thank you! I just watched the video and checked out the new inventory site. I would really like to know what can be added post production.
We bought an inventory model 17 last year. There were only a few choices that we were able to make. As I remember:

Places and number of captain’s reading lights (8 possible places)
Spray foam insulation or not
Single step or double step
Standard or Springfield table leg
Option to add solar panels (because ours was built pre-wired with inverter but without including panels)
We could have changed out the upholstery it we had really not liked it, at additional cost and time
Whether you want the “trailer starter kit” which would be useful if you pick it up and have to drive a long way home right away. Ours was delivered to our home town.
Small but Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 11:53 AM   #9

Trailer: 2020 Esacpe 19'(Hillbilly Heaven) ETI best named trailer of the year
Quote:

That unit already has most all options. what is it your looking to add? I think the only thing you could change is the step and wheels.
NEWYORKHILLBILLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 06:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small but Sweet View Post
We bought an inventory model 17 last year. There were only a few choices that we were able to make. As I remember:

Places and number of captain’s reading lights (8 possible places)
Spray foam insulation or not
Single step or double step
Standard or Springfield table leg
Option to add solar panels (because ours was built pre-wired with inverter but without including panels)
We could have changed out the upholstery it we had really not liked it, at additional cost and time
Whether you want the “trailer starter kit” which would be useful if you pick it up and have to drive a long way home right away. Ours was delivered to our home town.
Thanks!I was thinking it would be something like that.
Old 02-20-2021, 06:49 PM   #11

I want to change to lithium batteries and I don't know but it might require a different converter? I also wish it had the newer air conditioner but I don't know if they can change that. (Also I know Covid has really slowed down the availability of appliances etc).
Old 02-20-2021, 07:08 PM   #12

Quote:
I want to change to lithium batteries and I don't know but it might require a different converter? I also wish it had the newer air conditioner but I don't know if they can change that. (Also I know Covid has really slowed down the availability of appliances etc).

Yes the unit would have the wrong converter charger . It unlikely they would change that. If you are handy this could be changed latter with just a drop in charger on the bottom of converter.https://battlebornbatteries.com/prod...center-55-amp/
It unlikely they would change the air unit. It could be done with extra work. I am not sure if they would be willing to do it. I would call them on Monday morning and check.personal I would wait and get what you want. maybe another will come up with a better fit.
Old 02-20-2021, 09:50 PM   #13

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORKHILLBILLY View Post
Yes the unit would have the wrong converter charger ...
Note too that the lithium option package, as normally installed by ETI, also involves installation of a DC-DC (tow vehicle-to-trailer battery) charger with associated wiring.

Updated electrical and solar options matrix

(not speculating about ETI's willingness to add that option package 'post production')
Old 02-21-2021, 07:56 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
Note too that the lithium option package, as normally installed by ETI, also involves installation of a DC-DC (tow vehicle-to-trailer battery) charger with associated wiring.

(not speculating about ETI's willingness to add that option package 'post production')

That's a good point. I didn't realize. I am glad to see there adding that also. The OP would be better off just waiting and getting the ETI install.
Old 02-21-2021, 08:18 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post

Thank you everyone. I will call Escape on Monday just so I am clear about post production. I really appreciate the link also to the updated Escape wiring.

I have so much to learn. Unfortunately this may not be the unit for me .. of course if it was, I would have to win the click timing lottery, I understand that. I am going to start doing some heavy learning. In the past, I relied on my husband who was a perfectionist and a Dutchman to know all of this. Unfortunately he passed away last year. I guess the silver lining to having to wait is also having time to learn and research.
Old 02-21-2021, 09:20 AM   #16

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
In the past, I relied on my husband who was a perfectionist and a Dutchman to know all of this. Unfortunately he passed away last year. I guess the silver lining to having to wait is also having time to learn and research.
Sorry about the loss of your husband. If you have any questions there are a lot of experienced people on this forum willing to help. Just ask away.
Old 02-21-2021, 10:41 AM   #17

Quote:
Thank you everyone. I will call Escape on Monday just so I am clear about post production. I really appreciate the link also to the updated Escape wiring.

I have so much to learn. Unfortunately this may not be the unit for me .. of course if it was, I would have to win the click timing lottery, I understand that. I am going to start doing some heavy learning. In the past, I relied on my husband who was a perfectionist and a Dutchman to know all of this. Unfortunately he passed away last year. I guess the silver lining to having to wait is also having time to learn and research.

Sorry for your loss. I think its important for Buyer to do the research like you are and understand the options advantages and disadvantages. The forum is a great resource for this. I think its often over looked that a stock escape with maybe just A/C would satisfy 90% of the campers . As more boon docking is involved solar would Be a good option. As ETI plans on listing about 60 of these units before July It is very likely you see one come up with Lithium batteries. Not sure if you could win the click lottery But some one will. Might be you..Good Luck
Old 03-19-2021, 05:02 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon327 View Post
Sorry about the loss of your husband. If you have any questions there are a lot of experienced people on this forum willing to help. Just ask away.

Thank you so much. I am so glad to have this experienced forum as a great resource as I impatiently wait.