Escape has started a used trailer exchange - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-28-2020, 01:25 PM   #21

Trailer: E 21 2019 Tow Vehicle: 2019 4Runner Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
In my opinion the sellers and buyers haven’t had much of a problem hooking up over the years. So I see this as a service that probably isn’t really needed. If Escape would continue to do repairs, maintenance service and the addition of aftermarket options I believe it would go further to serve the former customers ( now owners) and to reduce angst in potential customers who worry about complete separation after pickup and warranty run out.
Amen brother. In the Gray Water Tank thread Dan wrote, "I talked to Dustin about our leaky connection and he has started a warranty ticket." Hello? Just started? Take care of your customers.
Telescopist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 02:30 PM   #22

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
Amen brother. In the Gray Water Tank thread Dan wrote, "I talked to Dustin about our leaky connection and he has started a warranty ticket." Hello? Just started? Take care of your customers.
That's sort of a figure of speech. It's my understanding that the process being followed now is that when a customer first phones in and says they have a problem the call is logged and the warranty ticket is started. This allows for later follow up on the disposition and resolution of the problem.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 03:46 PM   #23

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by camp4528 View Post
Not sure if people have noticed but ETI has just launched a used Escape trailer page at
https://escapetrailer.com/pre-owned-submissions/

It appears it will work similarly to this forum.

They will only bring sellers and prospective buyers together and have no other role at this time.

I haven’t seen any listings though.
Just submitted a listing for selling our 2018 17A. I imagine they will review it before it shows up. You have to specify the VIN and model year. They probably check that to make sure it's real.
Albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 09:48 AM   #24

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
If anyone is interested in seeing how the pre-owned Escape trailers listings work, there are now a couple of trailers to see at https://escapetrailer.com/pre-owned-trailer-listings/

Seems well laid out to me with all the needed information in a consistent structured form.

Now if only there was a 5.0 in Eastern Canada selling for pickup April 2021. Ha ha.
Old 10-30-2020, 10:47 AM   #25

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Yes, nice presentation indeed, I particularly like inclusion of the perfectly legible original build-sheets.

Looks like a great service ... aimed to catch the eye of potential new buyers who may be shocked at the new-build lead times.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:52 AM   #26

Trailer: 2017 17 B
Very nice indeed. More good exposure for these folks looking to sell their loved trailers.
jadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 12:29 PM   #27

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telescopist View Post
In the Gray Water Tank thread Dan wrote, "I talked to Dustin about our leaky connection and he has started a warranty ticket." Hello? Just started? Take care of your customers.
As Ron explained, in customer service management "ticket" normally means the tracking of a specific issue for a specific customer - the ticket includes a unique identifier, such as a warranty claim number. Ron called it a "figure of speech"; I would call it a term used in that field, or part of the "jargon". If Dan just talked to Dustin, Dustin would have just created the ticket; that doesn't mean that they are not aware of and working on the problem for other customers.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 12:39 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
Yes, nice presentation indeed, I particularly like inclusion of the perfectly legible original build-sheets.
It appears from the submission form that the build sheet must be supplied by the seller, so they won't all have build sheets, some sheets may be photos or scans instead of original PDFs, and the same thing could be posted with a for-sale ad in this forum.

It would be nice if ETI could provide the build sheet from their records, given the VIN, but that would require confirming that the original purchaser gave permission to use this document.

An interesting side effect of including the build sheet is that it identifies the original owner in the file name, even though that information has been blanked out of the document.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:00 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post

An interesting side effect of including the build sheet is that it identifies the original owner in the file name, even though that information has been blanked out of the document.
Yeah, it was a little jarring to see my last name there for all to see. I just pointed that out to Daryl at ETI, the one who is coordinating the postings. It's a work in process.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:01 PM   #30

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
It appears from the submission form that the build sheet must be supplied by the seller, so they won't all have build sheets, some sheets may be photos or scans instead of original PDFs, and the same thing could be posted with a for-sale ad in this forum.

It would be nice if ETI could provide the build sheet from their records, given the VIN, but that would require confirming that the original purchaser gave permission to use this document.

You may be right but at least for the two posted now the build sheets certainly appear to be the consistent format data from ETI's files, not scans provided by the submitting party. And yeah, I noticed that file-name faux pas.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:03 PM   #31

Daryl says he just fixed that.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:14 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centex View Post
You may be right but at least for the two posted now the build sheets certainly appear to be the consistent format data from ETI's files, not scans provided by the submitting party.
In these first two cases they're ETI's files (not scans), but according to the submission form the sellers must supply them. The upload button is labelled "Build Sheet Upload (PDF preferred)"; a seller could upload a scan or photo if that's all they have, and that will likely be the case for many who are not the first owners. At least recent buyers have received the PDF document (by email), not just paper copies; they're sending them back to ETI (via this form) to sell their trailers.

Even if ETI hadn't fixed the name problem, sellers could have just edited the file name before uploading it, if they had realized this was going to happen.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:20 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert View Post
Daryl says he just fixed that.
Yes, the listing page now shows a randomized file name instead of the original file name.