Escape has started a used trailer exchange - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-14-2020, 12:52 PM   #1

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
Escape has started a used trailer exchange

Not sure if people have noticed but ETI has just launched a used Escape trailer page at
https://escapetrailer.com/pre-owned-submissions/

It appears it will work similarly to this forum.

They will only bring sellers and prospective buyers together and have no other role at this time.

I haven’t seen any listings though.
camp4528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 01:13 PM   #2

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Great idea!
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 05:02 PM   #3

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
I just saw it on their Facebook page. The more exposure for our trailers, the better for resale.
Old 10-14-2020, 05:42 PM   #4

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
In my opinion the sellers and buyers haven’t had much of a problem hooking up over the years. So I see this as a service that probably isn’t really needed. If Escape would continue to do repairs, maintenance service and the addition of aftermarket options I believe it would go further to serve the former customers ( now owners) and to reduce angst in potential customers who worry about complete separation after pickup and warranty run out. Also minor fixes on separately warranted components such as sail switch installation, free winterization instructions as a rally class and a quickie repair offering of say door keepers, battery vents, light bulbs, things of that sort would further build customer loyalty and repeat sales. In my opinion.
After I retired I had to try my hand as a salesman. Always wondered if I could do it. When people bought a $40 bird feeder from me and a perch came off and was lost, they came
In to “buy” a new one. I simply got out replacement and installed it, tightened the rest of the perches and usually gave them a cheap 5 pound bag of seed for their troubles and a seed price flyer. Our non-commercial sales of “walk in homeowner” customer purchases went from $8,000 to $80,000 in two years when the word got out that the “Big Guy” would treat you right.
Iowa Dave
Old 10-14-2020, 06:04 PM   #5

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
In my opinion the sellers and buyers haven’t had much of a problem hooking up over the years. So I see this as a service that probably isn’t really needed. If Escape would continue to do repairs, maintenance service and the addition of aftermarket options I believe it would go further to serve the former customers ( now owners) and to reduce angst in potential customers who worry about complete separation after pickup and warranty run out.
Couldn’t agree more.
Old 10-14-2020, 06:45 PM   #6

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
So I see this as a service that probably isn’t really needed. If Escape would continue to do repairs, maintenance service and the addition of aftermarket options I believe it would go further to serve the former customers ( now owners) and to reduce angst in potential customers who worry about complete separation after pickup and warranty run out. Also minor fixes on separately warranted components such as sail switch installation, free winterization instructions as a rally class and a quickie repair offering of say door keepers, battery vents, light bulbs, things of that sort would further build customer loyalty and repeat sales. In my opinion.
Iowa Dave
I don't agree. It's an apple and oranges situation. I think ETI providing a middle ground for the listings and dealing with the vendor and also collecting and having verifiable information on the original purchase will probably give some piece of mind to some folks, especially those dealing at a distance.

Escapes are too widespread and only those within a relatively short driving distance would have any use for most of those items you mention. Heck, I'm an hour away from ETI and I wouldn't drive that far for some of that minor stuff.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 06:51 PM   #7

Trailer: Looking for 15b
It looks like their eventual plan is to take them in as trades when people are changing to a new Escape and then sell them once they have checked everything like car dealerships do. Escape industries kind of did this in the early days.
This initial for sale section is maybe to get people used to looking on their site for used Escapes.
For some people they don’t like the whole selling process and would prefer to receive less money and not have to deal with it by just trading them in. Will be interesting to see how many folks go that way as used Escapes are pretty easy to sell anyway at a good price.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 06:54 PM   #8

Hi Ron
Each year I went to the rally I went to Chilliwack before or after. They fixed stuff, sold me stuff and installed options the original owner did not choose. And when we bought the 21 in midsummer Of 2017, we took it to Escape to have solar installed, 1700 miles one way. We all feel differently and that’s what diversity is all about. Have.a great fall camping season if you go out yet this season.
Iowa Dave.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:11 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
With you on this Dave; ETI's behavior and policies lately has been mostly all take and little give. I was trained in business that you have to give to get.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:46 PM   #10

I really believe there’s more to life than profit. I have a lumberyard four miles from our home. They are not cheap. But I buy all my lumber, caulk and hardware there. They deliver free and always send great lumber. I like that they know where I live because they are all on the volunteer fire department. They sell me raffle tickets for the fire department. I never win. But I get two free calendars in November and free flat pencils so I’m the winner. And they are the winner. It works for me.
Iowa Dave
Old 10-14-2020, 09:28 PM   #11

Trailer: Escape #2 On The Way
I don’t think it’s a great idea and believe it will prevent sellers from getting top dollar. Believe it should be left to the forum. And if trade in is going to be an option, it will most certainly benefit the dealer, every time. Just my opinion
Bakes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:50 PM   #12

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes99 View Post
I don’t think it’s a great idea and believe it will prevent sellers from getting top dollar. Believe it should be left to the forum. And if trade in is going to be an option, it will most certainly benefit the dealer, every time. Just my opinion
I don't know how you figure that. They're going to provide a place for your listing, same as the forum. They have no involvement in setting the price and the entire transaction is still between the seller and buyer.

Should they eventually decide to start taking in trades, upgrading them and selling them it likely would only be a relatively small part of the total units that come on the market. Folks upgrading to a new unit would still have the option of advertising and getting whatever they can get.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:56 PM   #13

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
I sold my 17 on Fiberglassrv.com after first listing it here. Any and all mediums- especially when free can't hurt. And btw, it was Tammy at ETI that alerted me to that 17 being a available by a private seller in Bend, Or.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:25 PM   #14

Trailer: Escape #2 On The Way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
I don't know how you figure that. They're going to provide a place for your listing, same as the forum. They have no involvement in setting the price and the entire transaction is still between the seller and buyer.

Should they eventually decide to start taking in trades, upgrading them and selling them it likely would only be a relatively small part of the total units that come on the market. Folks upgrading to a new unit would still have the option of advertising and getting whatever they can get.

Ron
Fair enough. And the wife agrees with you. I Sometimes wonder if it opens the door for more control by them down the road or if the seller could be at a disadvantage for one reason or another. I guess another classified section won’t hurt. It’ll be the forum. The Facebook page and now ETI.
Bakes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:59 PM   #15

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Nearly every dealer of new motor vehicles runs a used vehicle sales operation, and yet both independent used vehicle dealers and private sales are common. The same is true in RVs of other brands. I don't see a problem with ETI adding an alternative in the used Escape market.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:01 AM   #16

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
In my opinion the sellers and buyers haven’t had much of a problem hooking up over the years. So I see this as a service that probably isn’t really needed. If Escape would continue to do repairs, maintenance service and the addition of aftermarket options I believe it would go further to serve the former customers ( now owners) and to reduce angst in potential customers who worry about complete separation after pickup and warranty run out. Also minor fixes on separately warranted components such as sail switch installation, free winterization instructions as a rally class and a quickie repair offering of say door keepers, battery vents, light bulbs, things of that sort would further build customer loyalty and repeat sales. In my opinion.
After I retired I had to try my hand as a salesman. Always wondered if I could do it. When people bought a $40 bird feeder from me and a perch came off and was lost, they came
In to “buy” a new one. I simply got out replacement and installed it, tightened the rest of the perches and usually gave them a cheap 5 pound bag of seed for their troubles and a seed price flyer. Our non-commercial sales of “walk in homeowner” customer purchases went from $8,000 to $80,000 in two years when the word got out that the “Big Guy” would treat you right.
Iowa Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... You didn't work for "Chicken feed" either. OTOH I was always a salesman. My guess is that since the new order book has spread back out to months and years this is a viable alternative. Only ? is "What's in it for them". Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 08:24 AM   #17

Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
Hi: Iowa Dave... You didn't work for "Chicken feed" either. OTOH I was always a salesman. My guess is that since the new order book has spread back out to months and years this is a viable alternative. Only ? is "What's in it for them". Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
Nope no chicken feed but a lot of manure, bagged, composted and otherwise.
Have a great weekend. We’ve been camped for 5 beautiful days, BUT had to pack up this AM in the rain. Go figure
Iowa Dave
Old 10-24-2020, 09:44 AM   #18

Trailer: 2020 Escape 5.0TA "Zen"
Quote:
Hi Ron
Each year I went to the rally I went to Chilliwack before or after. They fixed stuff, sold me stuff and installed options the original owner did not choose. And when we bought the 21 in midsummer Of 2017, we took it to Escape to have solar installed, 1700 miles one way. We all feel differently and that’s what diversity is all about. Have.a great fall camping season if you go out yet this season.
Iowa Dave.

Dave, I agree on these points. This is a huge loss for us owners who do not want anyone else working on our trailer. Huge, cannot be overstated.

I tried to find a Dometic warranty business to work on my awning. It took seven different businesses that are authorized to find one that would do it. I am uncomfortable to say the least!

How many stories have you heard of Reace changing out components and never sending a bill. That is Goodwill and it is important! VERY!

I don't know what the plans are for working on trailers during the rally, but that to me is a huge incentive to drive up and attend. I still can't get my high end stove to clip in to the counter like it is suppose to! And that is just not fair. I suspect others feel the same way.
UncleTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:03 AM   #19

Ta da

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleTim View Post
Dave, I agree on these points. This is a huge loss for us owners who do not want anyone else working on our trailer. Huge, cannot be overstated.

I tried to find a Dometic warranty business to work on my awning. It took seven different businesses that are authorized to find one that would do it. I am uncomfortable to say the least!

How many stories have you heard of Reace changing out components and never sending a bill. That is Goodwill and it is important! VERY!

I don't know what the plans are for working on trailers during the rally, but that to me is a huge incentive to drive up and attend. I still can't get my high end stove to clip in to the counter like it is suppose to! And that is just not fair. I suspect others feel the same way.
We took our 19 out to Chilliwack to replace the shower vent with a power vent. They had a time getting it right but they got it. Nigel came out to show us the correct operation. He popped the vent up and pushed the button with a TaDa. But nothing happened. Hmmm. He was not happy. He got on his shop radio and a minute later the trailer was back in the shop. Turned out they had pinched a wire when they buckled things up and that blew a fuse. Fixed in less than 10 minutes. Back out Nigel finished the demo with a Tada. Worked perfectly that time and for the rest of the time we owned the trailer. I always appreciated the fact that Nigel, Reece, Tammy, Dennis and others, though very busy, were never too busy to answer our questions in person and often on the phone. Personal attention to detail has always been very important to me. In my career I often drove to homeowners homes to answer a question on a tree, lawn or whatever. My personal favorite time of the year and job was looking at Colorado Blue Spruce and Concolor Fir trees to be harvested for the city Christmas tree. I met nice people, left my truck run on the curb in a reserved parking space so their mother could stay warm and still see the lighting, whatever it took. So personal attention by Escape to me, is simply a component of a complete operation. Having worked in industry with production quotas, I understand output but attention to detail and personal belief in the product are paramount too.
YMMV
Iowa Dave
Old 10-28-2020, 10:39 AM   #20

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 "Bubbles"
Escape Service

I am on my third Escape Trailer having bought my first one in 2005. I always took my trailer back to escape for service. That was the reason for buying my third escape. I would take it for wheel bearing, vents, fridge repairs just about anything that went wrong with my trailer I could count on them for repairs at a reasonable price. Imagine my surprise when I picked up my new 5.0 in 2018 and returned eight months later to get the wheel bearings greased after a trip across Canada and down south. I was basically told to go and find someone else to service it? I really do miss the old days when all I had to do was take it to escape and they would look after me. The last RV dealer I had to take too is now out of business so I guess I’ll be looking for someone else again. I really feel this left me in a lurch.

I think that escape should open a service centre much like what car dealerships have you buy it from them they service it for you.
grantpallen is offline   Reply With Quote