Escape - USD and CAD Pricing/Payments - Page 8 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2020, 08:35 AM   #141

Trailer: escape
ETI

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Welcome Rich, to our Escape world. If you have not seen one, contact the factory and they will give you names of an owner near you.

Hi Jim,

Last year I got connected with a new owner of a 19 here in Michigan. We are very interested in the 19 with the Cot. However, I really like to new 23 with the walk around queen or 2 twins. We'll be purchasing a new fiberglass RV sometime in June or July next year. I like many things about Escape and have been following these forums for quite a while.

There is good passion within the Escape community and I really enjoy reading all about upgrades, modifications, tips and tricks, adventures, etc....

Best regards,

Rich
Old 04-30-2020, 06:08 PM   #142

Trailer: None yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl@Escape View Post
Hi all,
Last year we changed to USD and CAD pricing models at the request of many US customers. As of 26 March 2020, we have now fully transitioned to USD for US customers and CAD for Canadian customers. There are a few older posts on the forum which contain info etc on the old process, this is causing some confusion with new or returning customers. I hope this notice will clear things up. It certainly makes the process easier to navigate and complete with less stress.

This applies to all customers currently in process and future customers. If you need to contact us please email

I've been researching FG trailers extensively and we were zeroing on the Escape 21. I sent an email with some questions and this topic was brought in to my attention. As of right now what this really means is that for ex. an E-21 would be about $3000 USD more expensive for a US buyer than what it should be based on CAD prices and current exchange rate. The suggestion that this change was made at the request of US customers is ludicrous. I can’t imagine why “many US customers” basically requested to pay more than their Canadian counterparts but I guess anything is possible, especially if you don’t care much about simple arithmetic and being ripped off. ETI is no longer a family owned company. Corporate greed is taking over. It is unfortunate because I really like their products. Lets just hope that quality does not eventually go down the drain like in many other companies after a corporate take over.
Old 04-30-2020, 06:17 PM   #143

Trailer: na
X2

.72 cad to usd

shame
Old 04-30-2020, 06:21 PM   #144

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Welcome Oscar to our little Escape world. Your initial comment seems askew in that a Canadian company doing business in the US accepts our currency. No different than you paying US for a Mercedes or Toyota, both foreign made. Some of us have paid anywhere from .75 to 1.05 over the past 10 years in the exchange rate. The rate game is not a way to generate nor save money, it is what it is. Almost all of the part Escape installs is US made and purchased in USA so your $3,000 rate difference accounts for the higher prices that pay for their parts, all here in the US.
This issue has been debated over the past 10 years or more, yet I'm on my 4th Escape and most other owners have owner more than one, both US and Canadian. That $3000 gets you a custom made trailer, try buying a custom made Airstream for $75,000, they are not available, just the standard layout designed not by the customer, but corporate, to save money. It is a fact of life, now go out do some some camping when you can.
Old 04-30-2020, 06:57 PM   #145

Trailer: na
Sure, nice cheerleading. The fact is the exchange rate is set at .80 and should be closer to the true rate. end of story.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:07 PM   #146

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Some businesses in Bellingham, Wash. used to accept CAD at par. Not sure if they still do with current exchange rate. Not that that matters. Nobody heading down anyway.
Old 04-30-2020, 07:10 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Welcome Oscar to our little Escape world. Your initial comment seems askew in that a Canadian company doing business in the US accepts our currency. No different than you paying US for a Mercedes or Toyota, both foreign made. Some of us have paid anywhere from .75 to 1.05 over the past 10 years in the exchange rate. The rate game is not a way to generate nor save money, it is what it is. Almost all of the part Escape installs is US made and purchased in USA so your $3,000 rate difference accounts for the higher prices that pay for their parts, all here in the US.
This issue has been debated over the past 10 years or more, yet I'm on my 4th Escape and most other owners have owner more than one, both US and Canadian. That $3000 gets you a custom made trailer, try buying a custom made Airstream for $75,000, they are not available, just the standard layout designed not by the customer, but corporate, to save money. It is a fact of life, now go out do some some camping when you can.

I'm a simple man with simple principles. If I ever walk into a Canadian restaurant where there is a menu/price for Americans that is selectively different I might still eat there or I might not, but for sure I will never come back. There is no angle where this seems like fair business practices. Then again it is their business and they obviously can do whatever they want. Maybe you are right and I just should shut up and pay my gringo price. Those are nice trailers after all.
Regards,
OR
Old 04-30-2020, 07:57 PM   #148

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Maybe time to realize.......
Attached Thumbnails
deadhorse.gif  
Old 04-30-2020, 08:07 PM   #149

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
I agree Mike, but some of the newcomers were late for the show and want a rerun.....
Old 04-30-2020, 08:22 PM   #150

This forum has a great deal of valuable information and I've enjoyed greatly learning about Escape trailers, mods, and RV topics in general. Some of the threads go on for months and even years and there is nothing wrong with that. You get here when you get here. This particular new price structure of ETI was set in place a grand total of 35 days ago. This horse is very much still alive
O.R
Closed Thread