ETI moving up schedule - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-29-2016, 11:56 AM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
Received the email yesterday. While it would be nice to have it sooner,declined moving date up. With no disrespect, but the additional wait time will allow them to train the new hires in how to build a trailer and with perhaps fewer "oops"....also will have about a year on the new design in the field to see if any changes are needed.
Seriously? They have been doing it for years, and I would have no reservation at all in moving my date up. I think you are hoping for something that does not exist, as they, like any company their size, will always have new hires in training. But, if you are not anxious to get a trailer, then waiting certainly won't hurt.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 12:03 PM   #22
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
This is not ETIs first time at the rodeo. Many of us have purchased trailers sight unseen, even brand new models. I know I've had zero regrets with my purchase and I bought mine based on a Photoshop picture and the layout on a cocktail napkin

None of the new models are changing much on the inside anyway. Those are tried and true layouts.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 12:25 PM   #23

Trailer: 2017 19'
I wouldnt worry about them not being "ready" to do a good job because if they aren't ready they wouldnt ask... eh?
We havent received any email yet (so wait time for ours is still 1+ year at this point) but I imagine if we do get asked it will depends on whether or not we can pick up the trailer early... I am guessing in our case if enough people declined maybe we get to move way up!
caddoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 12:38 PM   #24

Trailer: 2018 Airstream Flying Cloud (Escape 19 & 5.0 previously)
I would be very cautious about speculating on the ability of ETI's staff to deliver a quality product anytime. All it can do is cause doubt in the mind of their current and future customers. While it is a legitimate question, I'd be reluctant to potentially harm someone's business without first know what quality assurance measures are planned for in addition to those already in place (which we all seeming agree, are far beyond adequate) before any such wide-spread speculation.
Zardoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 01:01 PM   #25

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
When inquiring about moving up our 12/29/14 date Tammy said she wanted to be sure the new hires were working out. This latest expansion is much larger so I think it is fair to wonder. Trust your instincts and re-read the thread Orientation. Best to discover any issues you can at pickup rather than have them irritate you later.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 01:11 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 aka "Bon Temps"
We received the email yesterday and did request to be moved up to first available date. Our new delivery date is June 29, 2017. We are happy campers!
Mike & Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 01:49 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
When inquiring about moving up our 12/29/14 date Tammy said she wanted to be sure the new hires were working out. This latest expansion is much larger so I think it is fair to wonder. Trust your instincts and re-read the thread Orientation. Best to discover any issues you can at pickup rather than have them irritate you later.
This is from an email Tammy sent, that might be seen that they are prepping well for this increased production. Plus, the trailing time has likely been extended while they have been (somewhat) patiently awaiting completion of the addition.

Quote:
In preparation for the occupancy of the new building Escape Trailer Industries has been hiring and training new staff for the past six months.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 10-29-2016, 01:51 PM   #28

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19'
I received the email on Thursday morning, and I immediately responded. So our date got moved up to 3 weeks early....Feb 21 and our orientation and pick up is Feb 24! Pretty exciting times now, since it's all about decorating, buying supplies and things!
katzam29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 03:37 PM   #29

Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA Oct 2019;current Escape 19 2017
This morning I responded to the email we received yesterday. Our new hatch date is Jul 28!! We are (or will be) happy campers. I want to go to Oregon for the solar eclipse next August.
dmdunca44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 05:50 PM   #30

Trailer: Still yearning
We feel really fortunate: our Aug 1 date was moved up to January 12th. It does mean a scramble to get the build sheet done and the fabric ordered though.
DeanGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:16 PM   #31

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21 - 2016 GMC Canyon 4x4 Diesel
We were actually en route to Chilliwack, with the intention of spending a day or two crawling around in the display model and getting the last of our questions answered before finalizing the build sheet for our March 8 completion date, when we got the email. So we just carried out our plan and accepted the new completion date of Jan 25. We may or may not go up to fetch it then depending on the weather forecast for all the mountain ranges we have to cross and/or our willingness to go the long way around to (mostly) avoid snow.

"It ain't what you don't know that hurts you - it's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” - S. Clemens
StanLewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 08:29 PM   #32

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Our June 9th was moved up to Feb 16 so we have 2 weeks to get the build sheet done instead of 4 months but it makes things more exciting.

Back to work.
EggCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 09:50 PM   #33
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
I figured Escape would begin accelerating the build schedule, with the factory expansion almost completed, and since a 1 year wait has never been the norm for them. Great news for new buyers.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:54 PM   #34
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanLewis View Post
We were actually en route to Chilliwack, with the intention of spending a day or two crawling around in the display model and getting the last of our questions answered before finalizing the build sheet for our March 8 completion date, when we got the email. So we just carried out our plan and accepted the new completion date of Jan 25. We may or may not go up to fetch it then depending on the weather forecast for all the mountain ranges we have to cross and/or our willingness to go the long way around to (mostly) avoid snow.
Stan, our build completion was February 2nd, but we waited until March to go pick up, and we're glad we did. From Albuquerque in March, you should have few issues with snow on the way to Chilliwack. We picked up in March of 2015, and our route took us through Albuquerque, then Salt Lake, up through Idaho, Oregon and Washington. About the only place I think you 'might' have snow to deal with would be the Cascades, in Snoqualmie Pass on I-90. But, we did not.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:14 PM   #35

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
You could always go the long way and see the scenery down the coast. That would be a fantastic trip.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 12:25 AM   #36

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit View Post
....also will have about a year on the new design in the field to see if any changes are needed.
Well I for one totally get it. Until recently I had always been one of those guys who would never buy the first model year of anything. I still wait for the 2nd version of an operating system before updating my software.
However we want our Escape trailer for next summer and want it built our way. So based on ETI's history, we're taking the calculated risk and getting an early model of the new 19.
My attitude change may have started two years ago when I drove/fell in love with/bought a first model year electric car. I paid the early adopter fee to be a bit of a guinea pig and dealt with a few minor issues.
Most people should just be happy the that there's one less person to wait behind in line.
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 02:42 AM   #37

Trailer: 2015 21'; 2011 19' sold; 4Runner; ph ninezero3 327-27ninefour
Trailers do not move anywhere by themselves. The parts that operate are usually from another company. The changes in the mold are not quite the same. The biggest new operating feature is probably the door followed by the awning. Unless they can really goof up the new molds, it all should be good. Great even. Our refrigerator works just fine including in hot weather so I don't even think that will be a factor.
float5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 06:25 AM   #38

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19' #2
The awning, door, windows and refrigerator are the major changes anyway. Everything else is the same as the previous model. Nothing has changed in the actual build process. The mold will not affect anything but the looks. Molds do wear out. New models of the 19 and 21 are already coming off the line. These models are nothing close to the major changes done on the 5.0 to 5.0TA or when the 21 came out and they were a seamless transition. Reace and Tammy are all over this.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:27 AM   #39

Fingers crossed, as I plan to pick up my 5.0 as soon after Jan 26 as I can, There is a few mountain ranges to go over during the dead of winter, so I may have to wait until a clear opening. It is about a 9 hour drive, which is very doable on the way, but may take a bit longer on the return trip.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:01 AM   #40

Trailer: 2023 21NE "Hardley II" 2021 Toyota Tacoma (Diesel Jeep stranded us twice so it had to go)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Fingers crossed, as I plan to pick up my 5.0 as soon after Jan 26 as I can, There is a few mountain ranges to go over during the dead of winter, so I may have to wait until a clear opening. It is about a 9 hour drive, which is very doable on the way, but may take a bit longer on the return trip.
You're more brave than I am. We won't be able to pickup our 19 until late march and I'm kinda nervous about that.
Jimrules is offline   Reply With Quote