Lippert Window Recall Notice - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2021, 08:50 PM   #21

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Lippert/Hehr Window Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calbal View Post
We have a 2017 21' Escape Travel Trailer with frameless thermal windows. The bathroom window is a Hehr window and has an adhesive failure: the glass is no longer adhered to the sliding mechanism that opens and closes the window.

The recall information suggests we would not be eligible for a replacement since our unit was built in 2017. We have emailed Lippert/Hehr/Duncan and Escape TI and are no farther ahead than we were a week ago.

Escape claims they don't have the part numbers for this replacement Hehr window: frame tag number and trim number. What a bunch of crap!

Anybody have any information to share for ETI trailers that older than 2018 with this failure on Hehr windows?

Thanks!
My E19 was built in early 2017 with Hehr frameless windows. I haven’t seen any actual delamination of the glass itself, but in the course of opening the bathroom window from the outside, which was stuck to the rubber seal, the adhesive between the closing mechanism and the glass failed. Since it was out of warranty and perhaps was my fault for prying it open from the outside, I disassembled the mechanism, cleaned the glass and the aluminum angle bracket with 3M general adhesive remover, and then reinstalled it using thin 3M VSB tape from Amazon. It has been fine since then. I’m also more careful with all of the windows now.
(3M - 0.375-5-RP62 VHB Tape RP62 0.375 in width x 5 yd length)

BruceW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 08:36 AM   #22

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
I am so happy I bought my Escape way back in 2013. No window issues, no heater or furnace or, well, any issues. OK, did replace the plastic door latch when it broke.
2013 was a great year for Escape trailers! I also have had very few issues with either of mine. The production team at Escape in the early to mid 2000's was like the Edmonton Oilers powerhouse teams of the 1980's!

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 09:11 AM   #23

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Mitt-Inn"
Hehr Bathroom Window Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calbal View Post
We have a 2017 21' Escape Travel Trailer with frameless thermal windows. The bathroom window is a Hehr window and has an adhesive failure: the glass is no longer adhered to the sliding mechanism that opens and closes the window...

...Escape claims they don't have the part numbers for this replacement Hehr window: frame tag number and trim number. What a bunch of crap!

Anybody have any information to share for ETI trailers that older than 2018 with this failure on Hehr windows?

Thanks!
We had the failure that you describe on our FIRST failed bathroom window. We noticed it on the second day while we were still camped at the Lynden KOA. Hauled it back up to ETI and they replaced it on their lunch hour!

Don't know if 19's and 21's used the same size frameless bathroom window. On our 19, but the outside dimensions of the glass are appx 17-3/16” x 15-1/4”.

I have a brand-new bathroom window that ETI sent me in 2018, to replace a delaminated window. Attached pics of stickers are on the frames. Sticker with Feb 18 is on the main window ass'y; sticker with the Jun 18 date is on the interior window frame.

Another story from the Reace-and-Tammy Era:
The second bathroom window delaminated after about a year and a half. Called ETI, they immediately sent a replacement window from their own inventory! No questions, no cost, no RMA to send the old window back. Makes one pine for the good old days.

Just "until we get home", I'd taped the delaminated windows together with reinforced strapping tape, then covered that with black electrical tape. That was pretty invisible. I'm embarrassed to say it's been like that for three years(!?!).

So, I'm just now finally getting around to replacing the window, and making plans to get the failed window repaired as a backup. Much thanks to Centex, Rubicon and Calicia for the repair information.
Attached Thumbnails
Bathrm Window Stickers.jpg  

J&B Mitt is offline   Reply With Quote