Lippert Window Recall Notice - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-21-2021, 02:53 PM   #1
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Lippert Window Recall Notice

We just received a letter from ETI informing us about a safety recall notice, 'Safety Recall Notice 21E-047 for Lippert 6400 Series vented windows.'

Apparently Lippert has determined a 'potential defect' with their 6400 series windows that were manufactured between 10/2018 and 8/2020. ETI installed these windows between 4/2019 to 9/2019. The problem seems to be a potential 'vent portion of the affected windows to experience and issue with the window adhesive bonding.'

So far we have not noticed any problems with our frameless thermal windows but needless to say, a close up inspection awaits...then some quality time with Lippert. Lucky us! If anyone has any more insight on this, please let us know. Thanks, -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 03:27 PM   #2

Trailer: 2020 5.0TA
Didn't receive a recall from ETI. Our unit likely had one of those windows on unit made in December of 19. Adhesive failed and window delaminated. A local RV dealer dealt with Lippert and got the window/replaced it under warranty. Let's see how many others fail. Was just a PITA ... took about three months to obtain the window and have it replaced.
2019 Tundra Crew Max TV
ritacasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 03:29 PM   #3

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Just FYI

Lippert's webpage for this recall with downloadable notification and instruction documents
Old 09-21-2021, 03:38 PM   #4

Trailer: 21' Escape Trailer
Thumbs down Thanks Escape

Yes I got the window issue now. Had to jump through hoops from Lippert to get it replaced acted like mine was the only one.
Now an amateur has to fix this window.
Cause your on your own.
Thanks Escape no mention of the stove issue or now this.
cdmixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 04:14 PM   #5

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
It's ironic that I received a recall notice from Escape about the windows, I contacted the new owner and passed it on to them. So Escape is sending out notices to owners on their record.
Old 09-21-2021, 04:26 PM   #6
Bea

-Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 04:43 PM   #7

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
It's ironic that I received a recall notice from Escape about the windows, I contacted the new owner and passed it on to them. So Escape is sending out notices to owners on their record.
I haven't received anything yet, Jim, but since our trailers were built a week apart I'm guessing there's a letter on the way to me. Still not clear to me if it is all the frameless windows or just certain sizes. Kind of ironic that we started having a problem with fogging and discoloration between the panes of our dinette escape hatch window earlier this year but got nowhere with Lippert because it was outside their one year warranty. Maybe they will wind up replacing it after all. The seal still seemed good and solid - so far all our frameless windows have been fine.
Old 09-21-2021, 06:22 PM   #8

Trailer: 2017 19" Escape
What about a recall on there thermal windows that fog up after a few years. There windows are crap! Escape should find a better window manufacture to make there windows for sure!
lonewolfjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 01:25 PM   #9

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 and a less than thrilled 2017 Tacoma dragging it around the countryside
Got my letter this morning.

Anyone else have their e-mail to Lippert bounced back as undeliverable when using the ETI-supplied email address?

Is it too many people or not enough beach?
rjreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 02:17 PM   #10

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21 and a less than thrilled 2017 Tacoma dragging it around the countryside
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjreeves View Post
Got my letter this morning.

Anyone else have their e-mail to Lippert bounced back as undeliverable when using the ETI-supplied email address?

FWIW it appears the correct email for the recall might* be:

recall@lci1.com not:

recall@lcil.com

That is: "ell cee eye one.com", not "ell cee eye ell.com" as printed in the recall letter from ETI.

Is it too many people or not enough beach?
rjreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 03:53 PM   #11

Trailer: sold Airstream\Casita -2019 21' Escape
I received the recall notice for the 6400 Series Windows. Called Lippert per the letter (574-538-4514). The windows effected are FRAME*LESS and not FRAMED. I have the sliding windows so I'm FRAMED. The effected windows will have HEHR # in the right hand corner of window (outside). If the window has LCI # not effected. Hope this helps.
jumboscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 06:19 PM   #12

Trailer: 21' Escape - Pickup July 11, 2017
Lippert/Hehr Window Adhesive Failure

We have a 2017 21' Escape Travel Trailer with frameless thermal windows. The bathroom window is a Hehr window and has an adhesive failure: the glass is no longer adhered to the sliding mechanism that opens and closes the window.

The recall information suggests we would not be eligible for a replacement since our unit was built in 2017. We have emailed Lippert/Hehr/Duncan and Escape TI and are no farther ahead than we were a week ago.

Escape claims they don't have the part numbers for this replacement Hehr window: frame tag number and trim number. What a bunch of crap!

Anybody have any information to share for ETI trailers that older than 2018 with this failure on Hehr windows?

Thanks!
Calbal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 07:26 AM   #13

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 "Mitt-Inn"
Help!

I'm trying to find a couple old posts--

1. A poster described the process where he rebonded his delaminated frameless window.

2. Posts identifying a third-party shop that repaired delaminated frameless windows.

I spent the morning searching the forum but couldn't find. Can anyone help, and post a link? Thanks!
J&B Mitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 07:37 AM   #14

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&B Mitt View Post

2. Posts identifying a third-party shop that repaired delaminated frameless windows.
I don't have the forum post link but here's the link to a window delamination / 'fog repair' shop mentioned in a recent post: https://www.rvfogdr.com/

Hope that helps, Have Fun!
Old 09-30-2021, 07:54 AM   #15

Trailer: 2010 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&B Mitt View Post

1. A poster described the process where he rebonded his delaminated frameless window.

I spent the morning searching the forum but couldn't find. Can anyone help, and post a link? Thanks!
Is this the one you are looking for?
https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...dow-15909.html
Old 09-30-2021, 08:59 AM   #16

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21, 2017 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calbal View Post
We have a 2017 21' Escape Travel Trailer with frameless thermal windows. The bathroom window is a Hehr window and has an adhesive failure: the glass is no longer adhered to the sliding mechanism that opens and closes the window.

The recall information suggests we would not be eligible for a replacement since our unit was built in 2017. We have emailed Lippert/Hehr/Duncan and Escape TI and are no farther ahead than we were a week ago.

Escape claims they don't have the part numbers for this replacement Hehr window: frame tag number and trim number. What a bunch of crap!

Anybody have any information to share for ETI trailers that older than 2018 with this failure on Hehr windows?

Thanks!

In trying to repair my bathroom window, I opened it too wide and the window came off it's hinges. I was unable to put it back together so I epoxied the window shut. I now have a window which doesn't open. I had an appointment with ETI to replace the window, but the Coronavirus hit and I had to cancel. We find we do not miss being able to open the window so it probably won't do anything further.
Old 09-30-2021, 09:14 AM   #17

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardr View Post
In trying to repair my bathroom window, I opened it too wide and the window came off it's hinges. I was unable to put it back together so I epoxied the window shut. I now have a window which doesn't open. I had an appointment with ETI to replace the window, but the Coronavirus hit and I had to cancel. We find we do not miss being able to open the window so it probably won't do anything further.
This is where the o/h power fan is handy........
Old 09-30-2021, 09:30 AM   #18

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
I am so happy I bought my Escape way back in 2013. No window issues, no heater or furnace or, well, any issues. OK, did replace the plastic door latch when it broke.
Old 09-30-2021, 09:56 AM   #19

Trailer: 2018 17B
Here is another one in Florida.

https://suncoastdesigners.com/rv-services/defog/
Calicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 08:41 PM   #20
gbb

We just received our Lippert recall notice this week. If anyone has any additional information to share about the process and their results we would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
gbb is offline   Reply With Quote