March 24 Unveil - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-21-2016, 01:23 PM   #41

Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA (Little Elsie) Extensively Personalized
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennrose View Post
It is easy for a Canadian to not feel too sad for someone only getting 30% off rather than 40%!

Glenn

A little reciprocity would be nice. I feel rather sad for all the Canadians who winter in Florida and are getting the shaft as a result of the exchange rate. And as I have said to many of my Canadian acquaintances, I don't want to infringe on anyone's sovereignty, because the economies of Canada and the US are closely related and a number of residents of both countries earn their livings on the other side of the border, it is my opinion that the two countries should share a common currency like the Euro Zone. That would eliminate a lot of pain for the "little" people, and eliminate the exchange rate merry-go-round. In addition, it would help people like Reace to stabilize prices as he has to cope with a fluctuating exchange rate when purchasing components from the RV manufacturers primarily in Indiana.
Old 03-21-2016, 01:54 PM   #42

Trailer: 2016 19 classic "outta sight", jeep rubicon unlimited
Now that is food for the brain!!!
Marry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 02:41 PM   #43

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Makes sense= Probably never happen
Iowa Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 03:44 PM   #44

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
We really don't understand all the whining about the exchange , prices , etc . The product is what it costs and if you can afford it or not .
This is so true. Great way to see it, Pat.

I guess for some that were stretched financially, with their hopes of getting the great savings shopping Canadian, may have to readdress a purchase of this size, but if you are still buying something nonetheless, I don't get the fuss either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennrose View Post
It is easy for a Canadian to not feel too sad for someone only getting 30% off rather than 40%!

Glenn
ROFLMAO. Truth and humour, in one short sentence.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 04:55 PM   #45

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post

I guess for some that were stretched financially, with their hopes of getting the great savings shopping Canadian, may have to readdress a purchase of this size, but if you are still buying something nonetheless, I don't get the fuss either.

Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:34 PM   #46
Commercial Member

Trailer: All Escape(s)
Good news! Everything has arrived and everything has been installed.

I should have photos of the 19' up soon!

Reace
reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 05:40 PM   #47

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
OK, now that you've really got everyone's attention, don't keep us dangling too long.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:08 PM   #48

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reace View Post

Reace
Have you gotten any sleep lately?

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:15 PM   #49

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reace View Post

Reace

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:18 PM   #50

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
News up here in Canada is suggesting that this rebound may not be long term
"Loonie Rebounds Above 77 Cents, But 65-Cent Dollar May Be Ahead" was one headline. Perhaps a longer term view is a a way to look at this : )
Bear101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:18 PM   #51

Trailer: pondering.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear101 View Post
News up here in Canada is suggesting that this rebound may not be long term
"Loonie Rebounds Above 77 Cents, But 65-Cent Dollar May Be Ahead" was one headline. Perhaps a longer term view is a a way to look at this : )
good advice and have to admit that prior to considering an Escape purchase did not keep up with Canadian news or the US/CDN exchange rate, although find it interesting to have BBC news as a home page and the foreign perspective to reality outside the local front door!
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 07:19 PM   #52

Trailer: New 21 Escape (not classic)10/16 Sold Lil Snoozy 7/16
Doors

I wonder if it was the flat. Door
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 09:30 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post

My only comment on this is that an Escape is a recreational vehicle. Anything recreational, while maybe desireable, is not an essential need. I would say that anyone from the US who is purchasing an Escape and has to readdress the purchase because the exchange rate becomes less favorable probably shouldn't be purchasing a high cost non-essential item in the first place. And please don't jump all over me; this is solely my opinion and is based on what I have come to believe are sound and/or responsible financial practices. Others here may have and are entitled to different opinions. In other words, YMMV!
Old 03-21-2016, 09:35 PM   #54

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
With you there Carl, I remember someone quoting a customer for some commodity saying "Don't tell me what it costs- how much is it a month?" History tends to repeat itself unfortunately and some folks out there tend to buy way more stuff than they can truly afford.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:59 PM   #55

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&G in FL View Post
Anything recreational, while maybe desireable, is not an essential need. I would say that anyone from the US who is purchasing an Escape and has to readdress the purchase because the exchange rate becomes less favorable probably shouldn't be purchasing a high cost non-essential item in the first place. And please don't jump all over me; this is solely my opinion and is based on what I have come to believe are sound and/or responsible financial practices.
Not jumping on anyone, but isn't setting a budget - sticking to it - sound financial practice? If someone has made a choice, and their choice is no longer within their budget because the price has changed, it seems to me that the responsible action is to find another choice which is within the budget.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 01:34 AM   #56

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
My only comment on this is that an Escape is a recreational vehicle. Anything recreational, while maybe desireable, is not an essential need. I would say that anyone from the US who is purchasing an Escape and has to readdress the purchase because the exchange rate becomes less favorable probably shouldn't be purchasing a high cost non-essential item in the first place. And please don't jump all over me; this is solely my opinion and is based on what I have come to believe are sound and/or responsible financial practices. Others here may have and are entitled to different opinions. In other words, YMMV!
Hi: C&G in FL... In the game of life you need to know your limit... and play within it!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:27 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
Not jumping on anyone, but isn't setting a budget - sticking to it - sound financial practice? If someone has made a choice, and their choice is no longer within their budget because the price has changed, it seems to me that the responsible action is to find another choice which is within the budget.
No, a bit of misinterpretaion of my meaning. Yes, setting a budget is a respinsible action. What I mean is if the budget is what you are WILLING to spend because you feel the new price is higher than you wish to spend or you feel that the object is overpriced for its value, then I would say fine. But if you are stretching your assets to the point that a couple of thousand dollars puts it out of your reach financially, perhaps you shouldn't have been considering it in the first place. Consider this scenario. The price is at the top of your budget and you decide to purchase the trailer. Half way home you blow the engine or the transmission in the tow vehicle, and the estimated repair bill is $4,500. If your initial trailer budget stretched your available financial assets, where does the money to repair the TV come from? Another loan? Sound financial practices would seem to mean that one does not operate that close to the "financial cliff." So my comment was intended to mean if money were that tight, perhaps the purchase of a non-essential recreational item would not be a wise consideration. And the sad thing is, I have known many people who operate that close to the edge and end up in trouble, as Ross stated above.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:37 AM   #58

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
It appears from the option lost that double pane frameless windows with insulation upgrade has remained the same price with TBD for the optional kitchen and perhaps bath windows thermal windows.
Old 03-22-2016, 07:03 AM   #59

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I wouldn't read anything into the option list, until Escape tells us it is finalized. I imagine they are still working on details, to have them ready before orders open April 1.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 10:15 AM   #60

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Quote:
No, a bit of misinterpretaion of my meaning. Yes, setting a budget is a respinsible action. What I mean is if the budget is what you are WILLING to spend because you feel the new price is higher than you wish to spend or you feel that the object is overpriced for its value, then I would say fine. But if you are stretching your assets to the point that a couple of thousand dollars puts it out of your reach financially, perhaps you shouldn't have been considering it in the first place. Consider this scenario. The price is at the top of your budget and you decide to purchase the trailer. Half way home you blow the engine or the transmission in the tow vehicle, and the estimated repair bill is $4,500. If your initial trailer budget stretched your available financial assets, where does the money to repair the TV come from? Another loan? Sound financial practices would seem to mean that one does not operate that close to the "financial cliff." So my comment was intended to mean if money were that tight, perhaps the purchase of a non-essential recreational item would not be a wise consideration. And the sad thing is, I have known many people who operate that close to the edge and end up in trouble, as Ross stated above.
Wow how true about unexpected things happening . After our pickup getting out trailer , made it home to our driveway , it was pouring rain in California ,backing into my driveway , the transmission seal blew . Had to repair ,did a complete rebuild of transmission for $ 2760 . Which was a break in price because of one of my customers or it would of been more . You never know what life is going to spring on you . Don't always use everything you have , have backup just in case . Not a good idea to live on the edge . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote