May 2021 update on now. YouTube - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2021, 08:19 PM   #1

Trailer: 2021 5.0 TA in about a year. Lol
May 2021 update on now. YouTube

And yours truly got the first question answered, and with my name in lights. Lol
1200bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 10:07 PM   #2

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
So Escape is launching their own Escape form social media platform mid June...did I hear that correctly?
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 07:38 AM   #3

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Any links available?
Old 05-29-2021, 07:52 AM   #4

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C -- 2018 GMC Canyon
linl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Any links available?
heavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 07:54 AM   #5

Trailer: 2021 5.0
So Escape is launching their own Escape form social media platform mid June...did I hear that correctly?

June 15th...
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 08:56 AM   #6

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
And not doing anything about the stoves- they are saying, unless the cases they know about have a common cause, it could be an overreaction. They do address not using the Dickinson.
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 09:21 AM   #7

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie54 View Post
And not doing anything about the stoves- they are saying, unless the cases they know about have a common cause, it could be an overreaction. They do address not using the Dickinson.
How do you know they aren't doing anything about their stoves? I actually talked to Escape and certainly did not get "overreaction". The problem is real, the correction is simple, and the fix can easily be done by any competent LP repairman. I know how business works and I'm guessing in the next couple of weeks. I doubt they'll take as long as Ford did with the Firestone tire fiasco.

Have you removed your stove knobs, and nuts, installed star washers and locktite to your SDS2 stove yet so the pipes to your burner won't snap?

One of my duties as a school technology coordinator was writing emails asking for warranty reimbursement. Write it wrong and warranty is denied. You don't get second chances. This has been an extremely busy week for me and I'm crafting my letter/communication to Escape/Karl/Melissa to make sure it's written correctly. I will definitely establish a "common cause" in addition to the "correction" and the "fix". It doesn't help that I'm dyslexic.

I'm hoping to mail the registered letters to Melissa and Karl on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 05-29-2021, 09:35 AM   #8

Trailer: 2020 Escape 17B "Voyager"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
How do you know they aren't doing anything about their stoves? I actually talked to Escape and certainly did not get "overreaction". The problem is real, the correction is simple, and the fix can easily be done by any competent LP repairman. I know how business works and I'm guessing in the next couple of weeks. I doubt they'll take as long as Ford did with the Firestone tire fiasco.

Have you removed your stove knobs, and nuts, installed star washers and locktite to your SDS2 stove yet so the pipes to your burner won't snap?

One of my duties as a school technology coordinator was writing emails asking for warranty reimbursement. Write it wrong and warranty is denied. You don't get second chances. This has been an extremely busy week for me and I'm crafting my letter/communication to Escape/Karl/Melissa to make sure it's written correctly. I will definitely establish a "common cause" in addition to the "correction" and the "fix". It doesn't help that I'm dyslexic.

I'm hoping to mail the registered letters to Melissa and Karl on Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest.

Enjoy,

Perry
I watched the video. They basically blew it off. 11:50 to 13:00 concluding with "there is nothing specific that will be an issue for us at this time."

It may help if everyone who has checked the stove and found a problem would communicate that to Escape. No, I have not checked mine, I don't feel competent to do that, and I'm just not using it right now (I rarely do anyway.)
Bobbie54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2021, 01:44 PM   #9

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
I watched the video. They basically blew it off. 11:50 to 13:00 concluding with "there is nothing specific that will be an issue for us at this time."
Yes, I saw the video and what Karl said is a proper response, and as you quoted, the last words he said on this subject were, "at this time."

Today I found out that Terry will be leaving on a week trip with her sister on Monday afternoon. I should have no problem finishing my communication with Melissa and Karl and send to them by registered mail on Tuesday. I'm doing this on my own time and dime. I figure it will take a week or so for them to verify the facts I will give them and at some point there will be a response.

Quote:
It may help if everyone who has checked the stove and found a problem would communicate that to Escape. No, I have not checked mine, I don't feel competent to do that, and I'm just not using it right now (I rarely do anyway.)
Until more people contact Escape or Escape contacts them, "at this time" is a legitimate business response.

There are ten owners on this forum alone that have acknowledged the problem. I've stated before only three owners, including us, have contacted Escape specifically on this issue. As of last week seven had no legitimate contact. They need to step up! If you're one of those seven and don't want to make public you responded, please PM me about your communication so the list of those who've contacted can increase beyond three. Just an email is not contact unless they emailed back that they received their information.

Three is not enough!

Perry
Old 05-29-2021, 03:54 PM   #10

Trailer: 2017 21c Sold, 2023 Bigfoot 25RQ
It seems that if the suburbans are only a problem if the capture nuts on the valves have loosened, then a proper response on installation of the stoves at assembly time would be locktite and a torque spec established. This may alleviate the problem going forward. An email to owners as a safety protocol would be to recommend that procedure. I hope that gets in the assembly chain as well as their communication with owners.

When I was in my wfco, I came across a couple of ground capture screws on a few empty bus bar locations. Checking bolts and screws on a vibrating traveling vehicle is highly recommended. Torque specs are established to,prevent this type of stuff, should be an easy standard to establish on these stoves, the manufacturer should be doing this. But upon assembly in the trailer, they could be. Double checked.
oldwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 02:49 PM   #11

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
I looked at the video several times and a few things did not sit right with me so I waited a few days to post.

I think Karl’s comments about this forum was a slap in the face to all the people that do their best to help others out.

At one point he answers a question on bike racks by saying check the forum, then later he says it is loaded with outdated info...and he can’t find anything. Maybe the forum would be up to date at to his standard if Escape participated.

I would have to say there is way more up to date real info on the stove problem than what came out of this video. I have yet to receive any email from Escape on this problem or anything else as they say they do. My last email to them which was my third on the stove problem over a 3 month period was ignored.

I believe that this forum and helpful members save Escape hundreds of hours each month answering questions on their behalf on how to fix and order options correctly.

Without this forum and Facebook, Escape Industry would only be a shadow of what it is today.

It is going to be interesting to see how they handle the stove and broken grey water tank questions on their new forum. Looking forward to their up to date answers on that.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f8...ape-12918.html
Eggscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 05:05 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggscape View Post
Without this forum and Facebook, Escape Industry would only be a shadow of what it is today.
I’m guessing the escape company has taken this into account, but as Karl stated many have been open to the idea of an alternative information source.

June 15th may turn out great, just think the questions will now be answered by the actual company, I’m sure additional constructive comments will be welcome on there.
All concerns will be directly communicated to the company, like the stove problems. That’s going to be so helpful during a build.
I’m also sure many of the great ideas from escapee owners will have a place on the new escape site.
The combination of the helpful people on here and direct communication to the escape company sounds like a win win to me.

In fact it’s cutting out the social media style format may become the way of the future for companies.
The Escape company may really be onto something...
Old 05-31-2021, 05:11 PM   #13

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
With Escape launching they’re own media page, I wonder if they’ll leave negative post up when customers are upset on their lack of response to issues. Or will they delete any negative post and on,y leave the positive one up to make them look good.

David
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 05:14 PM   #14
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
With Escape launching they池e own media page, I wonder if they値l leave negative post up when customers are upset on their lack of response to issues. Or will they delete any negative post and on,y leave the positive one up to make them look good.

David
Any forum that isn't independent of the company or products it covers is susceptible to censorship or spin. Let's hope that doesn't happen.
Old 05-31-2021, 06:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan4 View Post
Any forum that isn't independent of the company or products it covers is susceptible to censorship or spin. Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Believe this-there definitely is censorship on this site...watch this post disappear.
The one uppers and Karen’s being minimized by escape will be welcome by most.
Old 05-31-2021, 06:39 PM   #16

Trailer: 2021 21NE
Maybe I misunderstood the video but I got the impression that the Escape Forum would have orientation videos and helpful tips and such things on it it didn't sound like it was going to be criticisms. And also they mentioned having mods that people might send in and suggest that they had done.
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 07:01 PM   #17
Site Team

Trailer: 2015 19 "Past Tents", 2021 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Believe this-there definitely is censorship on this site...watch this post disappear.
The one uppers and Karen痴 being minimized by escape will be welcome by most.
I'm talking about censorship by the company. But you likely knew that already and just wanted to argue?
Old 05-31-2021, 07:22 PM   #18

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooshkaboo View Post
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

The one uppers and Karen痴 being minimized by escape will be welcome by most.

Actually, I was wondering what "this site" refers to. Is it this Escape Forum, or the company ETI site?
Didn't understand the second sentence either.
Old 05-31-2021, 07:31 PM   #19
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Humm, should be interesting to see what happens on/to an ETI-owned forum/social media. They have a difficult time keeping their own manufacturer web site updated. Wait until they get involved in social media that runs a gazillion miles a hour.
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 08:58 PM   #20

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
I知 excited about this New Escape form. Now I will have two different sites to help me with my Escape and I知 thinking it痴 going to be a different type of experience. Not at all dishing this site but sometimes it becomes too personal and belittling to some posters just saying
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote