More choice for personalization - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-17-2019, 11:02 AM   #41

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
and both are now gone....
Hi: cpaharley2008... I didn't see gold graphics either. Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 12:26 PM   #42

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
#KARL@ESCAPE, the new choices look fabulous. We have seen the silver shalestone counter top pics in our newly finished 19 and we cant wait to see it in person. Thanks for the new offerings and hopefully they will prove to be a great success.
Glens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 03:36 PM   #43

Trailer: 2020 Escape 19
Cherry would be nice and more choices in fabric, flooring and counter tops helps. I hope these new choices are available soon since we are ready now to start the purchase process of a 19 now.
LFlory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:03 AM   #44
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl@Escape View Post
We are expanding customers choice within standard pricing for fabric, flooring and countertops.

For some people this will help with the options paralysis.

Customers can still provide their own custom choice as per previous.

I would be interested in your thoughts on a new wood or other interior to supplement our Oak and Maple choices. I have spoken with some customers who want white and others who want cherry.
Hi Karl,
Thank you for asking for our thoughts on this. All the new expanded standard options look great! We would also recommend adding the white and cherry wood interior, as well.

The many new expanded options now for customers, however could be daunting for some (as you say options paralysis) so we suggest having some suggested combinations of counters, flooring and fabric that would go well with each wood interior. Then eventually perhaps a floor model of each wood interior in the show room with lots of pictures on the website would be very helpful.

We really enjoyed picking out our interior on our E21 this year and are glad to see the options list growing for others.

All the best,
-The Bea Team
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 05:55 PM   #45

Trailer: 2020 5.0 TA
Many thanks for the new choices now offered! I've never worked with it, but you might look in to hemp wood as an eco-friendly cabinet 'wood' choice. I realize it isn't a 'solid hardwood', but I've seen samples that were quite attractive, and it would certainly hold an appeal for those concerned with sustainability of forestry products. Harder than oak, six months to grow, etc.
Sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:12 AM   #46

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Different cabinet finishes , graphics , flooring , countertop formica , fabric, or other cosmetic changes would not be enough enticement for us to purchase a new Escape
A different layout + improvements in quality , functionality & reliability + lower maintenance would be a much greater incentive .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:00 AM   #47

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Different cabinet finishes , graphics , flooring , countertop formica , fabric, or other cosmetic changes would not be enough enticement for us to purchase a new Escape

A different layout + improvements in quality , functionality & reliability + lower maintenance would be a much greater incentive .
Sorry Steve, but you're about the only one singing in your choir.

Have owned 14 previous campers. There is no perfect layout for everyone. Every layout has its compromises.

Quality? The quality of the Escapes from everyone I've had conversations with is the opposite of your experience with a USED camper. However, I'm not saying Escape is 100% perfect and it would be unrealistic to think any camper is. Not one piece of our camper that Escape built is a problem and others have similar experiences. Of course, your used camper is the exception. Escape can't help what Dometic, Dexter, Go Power, etc. provides; these companies are not perfect either.

Only our Casita had less issues, and that's because it was not as decked out, but after retirement, didn't provide for our needs today. Sorry Steve, but all campers take maintenance.

There are plenty of incentives for us to purchase Escape Campers and applaud Escape for expanding the choices. These new choices show me that Escape will continue to improve its product, better serving its customers.

Perry
Old 11-19-2019, 01:45 PM   #48

Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Maybe going a little crazy with too many choices ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 01:52 PM   #49

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Maybe going a little crazy with too many choices ! Pat
Yes, I figure 6 combos with each having 6 different variations, so 6 to the 6th power is 46,656 combo/variations.....
Old 11-19-2019, 02:37 PM   #50

Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post

Not even sure if the highest end trailer made would fulfill all of those requirements. I know I could not afford it that's for sure.

You know what they say....can't please all of the people all of the time. Good luck with your search.
Glens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:48 PM   #51
Escape Trailer Industries

Trailer: All of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
Hi Karl,
Thank you for asking for our thoughts on this. All the new expanded standard options look great! We would also recommend adding the white and cherry wood interior, as well.

The many new expanded options now for customers, however could be daunting for some (as you say options paralysis) so we suggest having some suggested combinations of counters, flooring and fabric that would go well with each wood interior. Then eventually perhaps a floor model of each wood interior in the show room with lots of pictures on the website would be very helpful.

We really enjoyed picking out our interior on our E21 this year and are glad to see the options list growing for others.

All the best,
-The Bea Team
Thank you Bea Team.

Indeed Joldie started with suggested combinations, in fact originally we only wanted to offer select combinations. Alas that lasted 10seconds and the first customer wanted a different combination. At that point I decided if we are customer centric we might as well open it all up.

We are building some inventory units with the original combinations as examples to help people along with ideas.

Karl
Karl@Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:05 AM   #52

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21C
I would be very interested in seeing a cherry interior.
Hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 05:15 AM   #53

I really like the new selections. We are still working on the build sheet for our new 21. Having maxed out on other options, we decided to go with "standard" interior options. Right now it looks like Havana Tobacco, Mineral Jet and Tenacity Harvest. I hope that combo works, as I am far from being an interior decorator. We are still going back and forth on maple vs oak. Cherry would be interesting.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:09 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
I really like the new selections. We are still working on the build sheet for our new 21. Having maxed out on other options, we decided to go with "standard" interior options. Right now it looks like Havana Tobacco, Mineral Jet and Tenacity Harvest. I hope that combo works, as I am far from being an interior decorator. We are still going back and forth on maple vs oak. Cherry would be interesting.
Hi: Hancock... But what wood you really like? Alf
Old 11-20-2019, 09:34 AM   #55

I like them both. It has been pointed out to me that the oak will more easily match any wood grain accessories that we might want to install as most of them are oak. I am intrigued by the prospect of cherry, but I doubt it will be available for our build list (if at all).
Old 11-20-2019, 10:09 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
I like them both. It has been pointed out to me that the oak will more easily match any wood grain accessories that we might want to install as most of them are oak. I am intrigued by the prospect of cherry, but I doubt it will be available for our build list (if at all).
Hi: Hancock... I had to replace the trim around the floor in our 5.0TA. The paper faced finger jointed pine had discoloured from the water/battery acid spill. I used real oak door casing and outside corner trim with a coating of clear Varathane. Worked really well. Sometimes it pays to think "Long range"!!! Alf
Old 11-20-2019, 10:33 AM   #57

Good point. I would imagine that the maple would be more difficult to match.
Old 11-23-2019, 09:50 AM   #58

Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Talking Steps in the right direction!

Our in-build E-21 option list was chosen because there are so many choices..we took advantage of ETI's suggestions and re-arranged our interior 'layout', bought a special sink, moved the MW and cabinets, added outlets and lights, etc etc...and opted for our own choice for fabrics for the cushions. Holy Cow Batman!! We are very excited by the myriad of options and feel that chance of finding another E-21 camper exactly like ours is about 1 inna million. Thanks ETI!!!
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 11:59 AM   #59

Trailer: Escape 21 2019
Excited about the 23 and would choose white cupboards!!
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:07 AM   #60

Trailer: 5.0 TA "Sea'scape"
Living close to Chilliwack, in Bellingham, WA, we were fortunate to be able to go to the factory and look at the actual interior choices ourselves. It should be no surprise that online photo reproductions are very hard to match with the actual product!

Wanting a light-colored interior to offset the often cloudy skies around the Pacific Northwest, we chose the maple interior, Portico Marble Formica with cream trim and Summit Ash fabric. The Mill Creek Axle flooring we chose is much lighter than would appear from photos.

Should be a great combination.
Hawkeye Ed is offline   Reply With Quote