More choice for personalization - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-27-2019, 11:42 AM   #61
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Quincy, Florida
Trailer: 2013 5.0 wanted
Posts: 18
Love the light, light color cabinets. Makes a small space look bigger.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190720_154843204.jpg  
gretnagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:56 AM   #62
Senior Member
 
NW Cat Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seatac, Washington
Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Posts: 2,888
FINALLY!!! New fabric choices! As well as flooring choices! And counters! (Can't say anything about the blinds since we didn't get those and installed double layer, blackout cellular shades instead.)



I rarely check in to this forum these days, but saw this pop up in my email for this list, which gathers up various topics and lists them.


This is definitely a move in the right direction for your customers. I'm thrilled to see there are more choices for customers, although I couldn't find that information on the website. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right place. I tried building a trailer, but it didn't give me any choices for those options.



I also noticed the prices for the custom flooring and fabric has gone down from when we purchased our trailer. I always thought the price we were charged was way too much, so thrilled to see that has been lowered.
__________________
Laura, Dirk and Sam & Jasper (the cats)
www.UnderKittySupervision.com
2017 21' trailer, new mold, rec'd 11/25/16
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:32 PM   #63
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts
Trailer: Looking
Posts: 17
Love these additional choices!
Our 17B was picked up just last year.
Pulled out from Factory and drove 7000 miles weaving home to Massachusetts.
LOVE ESCAPES,

Oldsters with first purchase of a new TT.
Our camping group told us we were crazy. Both on price and pick up. Multiple comments.

Last smile as we know now answer their questions. ��

Cosmetic changes are great idea. Reduce customer service questions and costs,
Grow the niche!

I would have benefited by ability to view cc video on each option./. Educating those of us who are slow to understand.
I.e. insulation vs. heating pads
Windows,as Jodie it is likely we drove her crazy with questions. So patient!

Any upgrade of exterior door parts from poly to stainless or metal .

East coast rally May bright new customers. We will spruce up our unit to allow others a look through . Others might join in. Liability may be only barrier.

Nuff said, Love our choice, well sorta wish we had an oven and only one gas burner.

Thanks
Jaye, who hardly ever posts, but always reads the posts.
Jaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:55 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 7,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretnagreg View Post
Love the light, light color cabinets. Makes a small space look bigger.
Pretty interesting ! Does that also make into a bed ? Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:59 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 7,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaye View Post
Love these additional choices!
Our 17B was picked up just last year.
Pulled out from Factory and drove 7000 miles weaving home to Massachusetts.
LOVE ESCAPES,

Oldsters with first purchase of a new TT.
Our camping group told us we were crazy. Both on price and pick up. Multiple comments.

Last smile as we know now answer their questions. ��

Cosmetic changes are great idea. Reduce customer service questions and costs,
Grow the niche!

I would have benefited by ability to view cc video on each option./. Educating those of us who are slow to understand.
I.e. insulation vs. heating pads
Windows,as Jodie it is likely we drove her crazy with questions. So patient!

Any upgrade of exterior door parts from poly to stainless or metal .

East coast rally May bright new customers. We will spruce up our unit to allow others a look through . Others might join in. Liability may be only barrier.

Nuff said, Love our choice, well sorta wish we had an oven and only one gas burner.

Thanks
Jaye, who hardly ever posts, but always reads the posts.
Your comment on the outside hardware to Stainless , changed out as much as I could . Besides dressing up the trailer doesn’t degrade from UV’s . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:53 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
NW Cat Owner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seatac, Washington
Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Posts: 2,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Pretty interesting ! Does that also make into a bed ? Pat

It's a Murphy bed above the seats. I remember seeing that reviewed in Trailer Life, but I forget which brand trailer it was (stick built).
__________________
Laura, Dirk and Sam & Jasper (the cats)
www.UnderKittySupervision.com
2017 21' trailer, new mold, rec'd 11/25/16
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 02:02 PM   #67
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 7,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
It's a Murphy bed above the seats. I remember seeing that reviewed in Trailer Life, but I forget which brand trailer it was (stick built).
Looks like something like that could be designed in the trailer . For support of the roof just the windows made smaller , moved down . Sure would be more comfortable seating for two. Pat
Your Select comfort bed is lighter weight and the included bed we got rid of after we got home from pickup . Our bed is also more manageable now . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 05:40 PM   #68
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Surrey, British Columbia
Trailer: None yet
Posts: 51
I would love to see positive locking door and drawer hardware. Pop out to unlock, push in to lock.
Anachr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 06:32 PM   #69
Senior Member
 
h2owmn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Placerville, California
Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
Posts: 1,526
Video or even stills of options would be great!!

If I didn't drive Joldie crazy, I think no one could.
__________________
--Time and trouble will tame an advanced young woman, but an advanced older woman is uncontrollable by any earthly force. --Dorothy Sayers
h2owmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:02 PM   #70
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 7,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachr0n View Post
I would love to see positive locking door and drawer hardware. Pop out to unlock, push in to lock.
Yes !Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:47 AM   #71
Senior Member
 
Oldtimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: DFW, Texas
Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
Posts: 1,073
Found these
Attached Thumbnails
EAC7C7B6-4F3C-480D-8468-882915F9A23D.jpg  
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 09:52 AM   #72
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 15,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hancock View Post
I am intrigued by the prospect of cherry.
Cherry is one of my favourite woods for cabinetry. I have installed hordes of them in kitchens and baths, and we are using cherry cabinets in our current project home.

However, while a great wood, I would be hard pressed to use such a dark wood inside the trailer. Maple would be a lot brighter. White would be too, but though I have installed white cabinetry, I sure would want something with more texture and appeal to me.

To each their own though, and it is great to see these options coming up.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:03 PM   #73
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Posts: 2,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
Cherry is one of my favourite woods for cabinetry. I have installed hordes of them in kitchens and baths, and we are using cherry cabinets in our current project home.

However, while a great wood, I would be hard pressed to use such a dark wood inside the trailer. Maple would be a lot brighter. White would be too, but though I have installed white cabinetry, I sure would want something with more texture and appeal to me.

To each their own though, and it is great to see these options coming up.

We have cherry in our home kitchen as well, but only on the lower cabinetry below the counters. Above, we used a cream white color, to maintain brightness and warmth. Perhaps that could be an Escape option.
Reference: I looked up what we had gotten in our 2015 Escape 17: VIPCO (mfr.) Western Oak.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:20 PM   #74
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 15,601
I do agree that combining finishes could result in some nice results, but I really doubt they would do it, short of a pricey upgrade.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 12:26 PM   #75
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Posts: 2,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I do agree that combining finishes could result in some nice results, but I really doubt they would do it, short of a pricey upgrade.

You'd just have to find another potential owner that wants the reverse combo (at the same time-).
Does Escape still have an outside cabinet shop do their work, or is it in-house?
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 01:27 PM   #76
Senior Member
 
Jim Bennett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 15,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
Does Escape still have an outside cabinet shop do their work, or is it in-house?
They used to have the doors built elsewhere, but all the building was done in the shop. Not sure if they now do the doors or not.
__________________
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:00 PM   #77
Escape Trailer Industries
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Chilliwack, British Columbia
Trailer: All of them
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owmn View Post
Video or even stills of options would be great!!

If I didn't drive Joldie crazy, I think no one could.
We are launching a project to build up a full Escape builder booklet with all features, options and specifications. I think this will really help folks fully understand all the standard features and options in great detail. Step 1 is a paper version. Step 2 is the web. Step 3 would be an app (I think app is the best way linked with videos etc)

Step 1 is Q1 2020. I'm going to run a project at UBCO with 4th year business students for plan and recommendation on step 2 this will finish Q2 2020. I'd love to have something on the web in 2020, but last time I tried it (this year) it failed to impress. Step 3 might roll in with website but time will tell.
Karl@Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:03 PM   #78
Escape Trailer Industries
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Chilliwack, British Columbia
Trailer: All of them
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
They used to have the doors built elsewhere, but all the building was done in the shop. Not sure if they now do the doors or not.
We make all the framing woodwork, and internal walls in house. Our solid wood cabinet doors are made in Chilliwack at our vendor.
Karl@Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:08 PM   #79
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Posts: 14,935
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl@Escape View Post
We are launching a project to build up a full Escape builder booklet with all features, options and specifications. I think this will really help folks fully understand all the standard features and options in great detail. Step 1 is a paper version. Step 2 is the web. Step 3 would be an app (I think app is the best way linked with videos etc)
A highly functional web site would be much better, in my opinion. Everyone wants me to put their app on my phone, and in most cases it does nothing that a web page couldn't do... but takes space, needs frequent updating, and demands access that shouldn't be needed. Given the new Escape web site's requirement (since removed) to provide contact information just to get a price list, I'm guessing that the app would demand access to my contact list .
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:10 PM   #80
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 7,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
A highly functional web site would be much better, in my opinion. Everyone wants me to put their app on my phone, and in most cases it does nothing that a web page couldn't do... but takes space, needs frequent updating, and demands access that shouldn't be needed. Given the new Escape web site's requirement (since removed) to provide contact information just to get a price list, I'm guessing that the app would demand access to my contact list .
Glad you caught that Brian ! Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2023 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.