More choice for personalization - Page 5 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-28-2019, 07:24 PM   #81
Escape Trailer Industries

Trailer: All of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
A highly functional web site would be much better, in my opinion. Everyone wants me to put their app on my phone, and in most cases it does nothing that a web page couldn't do... but takes space, needs frequent updating, and demands access that shouldn't be needed. Given the new Escape web site's requirement (since removed) to provide contact information just to get a price list, I'm guessing that the app would demand access to my contact list .
Ah but the choice is the customers. There are apps that want to collect your info and access your phone and there are apps that don't. Apps will store info on your phone which can be very useful when boondocking etc with no internet access.

It really is not a one size fits all. Certainly something that I notice from our customers. I can guarantee a group that will want a paper copy, another group that will want web and others an app on the phone. So in the same way that we offer options in the build we will offer options for customers to interact with the information.
Karl@Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 07:26 PM   #82

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I think an app is useful for things that need frequent checking, like the weather. I check weather, gas prices, but am unlikely to check options on a trailer, and when I do it would be on a web page.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:06 PM   #83

Trailer: 1979 Boler B1700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl@Escape View Post
Ah but the choice is the customers.
It really is not a one size fits all. Certainly something that I notice from our customers. I can guarantee a group that will want a paper copy, another group that will want web and others an app on the phone. So in the same way that we offer options in the build we will offer options for customers to interact with the information.
It isn't much of a choice for the customer if the full functionality is only offered in the app, but if you offer it in both that would be great.

Quote:
There are apps that want to collect your info and access your phone and there are apps that don't.
Right, but when they demand access that they shouldn't, there's no way to install the app without allowing that inappropriate access. Remember that contact information requirement...

Quote:
Apps will store info on your phone which can be very useful when boondocking etc with no internet access.
People are building their trailer purchase on their phones in areas with no internet access? I suppose, but my guess is that this is a pretty rare scenario.

Shopping for the next trailer seems like something one should do at home, while wishing one was out camping. While actually out there is the time to use independent apps for things like wildlife and plant identification, or those augmented reality apps that show the stars and constellations on the image of the sky in whatever direction you point the device.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 10:08 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaglo View Post
I think an app is useful for things that need frequent checking, like the weather. I check weather, gas prices, but am unlikely to check options on a trailer, and when I do it would be on a web page.
Same here... but even weather and gas prices don't need an app capable of running independently, because all of the information which they provide comes from the server at the time it is requested. I used to use the Gas Buddy app, but now I just use the web site; the app is redundant.
Old 11-28-2019, 10:28 PM   #85

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
I would look for very clear descriptions and photo examples of features, choices (no extra $), options (extra $), and accurate specifications (not what is required for model certification by gov. entity, but real-world numbers that the end user can use).

Web pages and app screens must function quickly, without a lot of overhead (read: glitzy eye-tickler screen graphics that sales people like, but that frustrate serious researchers of info for what they are intent on purchasing!).
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 07:30 AM   #86

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B-P View Post
It isn't much of a choice for the customer if the full functionality is only offered in the app, but if you offer it in both that would be great.

Right, but when they demand access that they shouldn't, there's no way to install the app without allowing that inappropriate access. Remember that contact information requirement...

People are building their trailer purchase on their phones in areas with no internet access? I suppose, but my guess is that this is a pretty rare scenario.

Shopping for the next trailer seems like something one should do at home, while wishing one was out camping. While actually out there is the time to use independent apps for things like wildlife and plant identification, or those augmented reality apps that show the stars and constellations on the image of the sky in whatever direction you point the device.
1) Our only internet access is through our phones . I could drive the ten miles into town and use the internet at the library but its only open a couple days a week
2) I don’t know what an app is , If I have any it’s news to me maybe they came with my phone .
3) There is enough of my personal information on the web and I see no sense in giving them more , so the minute any site wants me to sign up for an app I leave the site .

I’ve read this whole thread twice . I think it’s wonderful that Escape is offering new customer options in decorating ones Escape but different flooring or fabric or cabinet colors / patterns / designs do little for me and would not alone entice me to buy a new Escape trailer
Hopefully Escape will start making some other changes that appeal to my function over form mentality
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 11:38 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
2) I don’t know what an app is , If I have any it’s news to me maybe they came with my phone .
An "app" is just an application software program. It's the same on any computer, but in the mobiel device world everything has to have a cute, short, and misleading name. Do you use Tapatalk to access the EscapeForum? That's an app... and so are the features which run your email, contact list, and even phone calls on your mobile phone. The browser is, too, so even if you don't use Tapatalk, if you see this on your phone you're using an app.

My issue with companies having their own apps is that it is, in most cases, just more unnecessary software junk on my device, installed for the convenience of that company, not for me. When I access EscapeForum on my phone I use the browser - it's still an app, but not an extra one especially for this forum.

I can build and price a car or truck in great detail using the manufacturer's website, and it doesn't require a special app. I hope we will be able to do that with an Escape... and continue to be able to do that even if an app is released for the same function.
Old 11-29-2019, 07:20 PM   #88

Trailer: 2015 Aliner Expedition (Escape 21C soon to be on order)
We definitely would like to see white cabinets as an option, they would go great with the grey floors we want. Airstream has it in their Sport 22fb and it looks great. Hopefully this gets finalized before we place an order on a 21 or 23 foot Escape.
Attached Thumbnails
Sport-Sub-Gallery-Interior-SquareSink2.jpg  
MKcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 05:02 PM   #89

Trailer: 2013 5.0 wanted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Pretty interesting ! Does that also make into a bed ? Pat
Yes, a Murphy bed
gretnagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 05:04 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Cat Owner View Post
It's a Murphy bed above the seats. I remember seeing that reviewed in Trailer Life, but I forget which brand trailer it was (stick built).
Not stick built, aluminum frame Winnebago 2108ds
Old 12-01-2019, 08:43 PM   #91

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Looked at that Winnebago 2108ds- or whatever. Horrible old school design IMO. Counter space non-existent. Why would you want to compare that with an Escape? Oh right Murphy bed.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:36 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Looked at that Winnebago 2108ds- or whatever. Horrible old school design IMO. Counter space non-existent. Why would you want to compare that with an Escape? Oh right Murphy bed.
Wow, just wow. sorry your sensibilities were offended. I submitted the picture for the colors of the cabinets
Old 12-01-2019, 09:54 PM   #93

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
I watched several videos on the Winnebago 2108 ds . Looks like a nice trailer with several nice features I wish our Escape had . As far a colors and decor , that’s my wife’s department but I do like the looks of real wood cabinets .
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 10:07 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
I watched several videos on the Winnebago 2108 ds . Looks like a nice trailer with several nice features I wish our Escape had . As far a colors and decor , that’s my wife’s department but I do like the looks of real wood cabinets .
It is a nice trailer. That picture is of my own personal trailer. One of the main reasons I bought it was the cabinets and the light colors. It is also a very well-built trailer though I'm in the market for a 5.0TA possibly.
Old 12-01-2019, 10:44 PM   #95

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by gretnagreg View Post
Wow, just wow. sorry your sensibilities were offended. I submitted the picture for the colors of the cabinets
Oops, sorry- did not mean to offend. Not likely to get that bed in an Escape though. Fortunately the New Escape seems much more customer focused and is looking to expand market share with increased choices.