New molds? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2016, 12:40 PM   #21

Trailer: pondering.....
another random thought by a 2017 model lab rat...
just wondering if there is confusion about "raised dinette floor" versus "raised frame/floor"...
correct me if I am wrong but raised frame/floor in rear under bed in Escape 19 is for fresh water which apparently increased in size and frame widened to be same as Escape 21 width frame...Escape 19 rear mould probably required a change to accommodate this.

again correct me if wrong but the 2016 Escape 21 frame did not have raised rear frame as floor was flat in dinette area in the rear of 21.

however if Escapes plan is to make these two frames 19 and 21 similar in 2017 especially in the rear area ....then that possibly means the 21 would get a raised frame/floor in the rear and thus a raised dinette floor as the bed is not there standard like the 19.
So if both a 19 and 21 had a frame change in the rear for different reasons but to achieve similar goals then both may have required mould changes also in the rear.
again just guessing and only Escape knows all the details for the 2017 models..buyers are the voluntary lab rats....
if any of the above guessing is true then its easy to see a possible concern for anyone who bought a 2017 Escape 21 and did not know that perhaps the floor levels were changing.
freespirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:48 PM   #22

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
I have called ETI and they will get back to me with the correct info about this.... so all can relax for now.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:52 PM   #23

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Ok...I'll jump. We haven't had a table at all until last week. Decided to do it after visiting a few with them and especially after visiting with Leon & Lindy who had their floor raised. They have a standard; we have a u-shape dinette. Susan is 5'6 and I am 6'1. We both very much like the new 18.5" height of the benches now vs. 22" previously.

One thing to keep in mind is that it isn't a very big space. Looking at it in two dimension online is deceptive. The u-shape floor area is 24 X 35" wide. and the standard is another 14" inches deep I believe.

I would agree it would be best to have a more complete product description, however inevitably there are going to be differences between the current vs. new mold. In many cases things work out for a reason I've found.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 01:27 PM   #24

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 -- The Skylark. Towed by a 2014 Highlander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I have a few bottles of Scotch that could fix that for you, Leon.
Promises, Promises. I will miss the '16 rally, but see you in '17 if not before then...
Old 04-26-2016, 01:38 PM   #25
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
If it's true that the average height for men in the USA is 5 ft 10 inches, raising the currently flat floor on the 21 very much would mean a lot of head bumping.....

That's one of the reasons I sold my Casita 17.

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 01:44 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonW View Post
Promises, Promises. I will miss the '16 rally, but see you in '17 if not before then...
I will hold true on them, Leon.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 01:50 PM   #27

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21C 2019 Expedition
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
If it's true that the average height for men in the USA is 5 ft 10 inches, raising the currently flat floor on the 21 very much would mean a lot of head bumping.....

That's one of the reasons I sold my Casita 17.
Interior height of a 21 is 6'5; raising the floor 3" makes it like a 17. You don't really stand up back there anyway.
Rossue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 01:56 PM   #28

Trailer: 2015 Artic Fox 29-5T Fifthwheel
All I know is Reace was in the trailor with us and told me that all the models will have the raised floor at the dinette since most people want that.
I told him that I am only 5'4 and was quite comfortable with the current height of the level floor in the 21, and the height of the window. So could I just have it left alone to which he shook his head no.
Lol
I would love if this is an error on my understanding. But even my son said no. That Reace made it clear the molds are changing to raised floors in the dinnette of all models.
So my fingers are crossed that no change to the flooring is in the future forcthe 21. My 90 lb lab was looking forward to as much space for his "cave" when the dinette is made into a lounge area.
Ros
Rosalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:07 PM   #29

Trailer: "The Trailer", 2nd Gen 21' & a 2017 Tundra CrewMax in Blazing Blue Pearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by tractors1 View Post
That's what I'm concerned about as that's my height, without shoes. But, since I can't go barefoot, you need to add a bit to that measurement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossue View Post
Interior height of a 21 is 6'5; raising the floor 3" makes it like a 17. You don't really stand up back there anyway.
If you're getting a u-shaped dinette, which we are, I think there would be quite a bit of standing up back there, when you get up and down. With a table you can't really stand up, but not everyone gets the table installed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
All I know is Reace was in the trailer with us and told me that all the models will have the raised floor at the dinette since most people want that.

Reace made it clear the molds are changing to raised floors in the dinette of all models.

So my fingers are crossed that no change to the flooring is in the future for the 21.
Really, how interesting that they say that's what most people want. From what I've read on this forum, I'd say it's the other way around. Of course, not all customers read and/or comment on this forum, I would imagine.

If he said all trailers will have it, then so will the 21, so you can uncross your fingers.

What's frustrating is that this information should be provided by ETI and it should have been provided by April 1st, when they started taking orders for these trailers. It should not be coming out in dribs and drabs by folks that just happen to be at ETI and find out about it.
NW Cat Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:07 PM   #30

Ros is correct, the dinette floors in both the 21 and 5.0 TA will be raised 3".

This is a good thing, and saves me from doing it later myself.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-26-2016, 02:29 PM   #31

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
Quote:
Ros is correct, the dinette floors in both the 21 and 5.0 TA will be raised 3".

This is a good thing, and saves me from doing it later myself.

Why is raising the floor 7.62 cm a good thing? Does it have something to do with the Springfield table or vertically challenged escapees? Am I missing something? I will take replies offline since I gotta finish prepping for a new deck, ouch. $$$$$.$$!!!! Scott

Scott and Lori
Low carbon footprint since we like bikes.
AK snowbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:32 PM   #32
Commercial Member

Trailer: All Escape(s)
Hello everyone

The raised floor in the 21' and 5.0 TA were last minute changes. As we were focused on the 17' and 19' mold changes first, and they already had the raised floor.

A few years ago when we built the 21' and 5.0TA molds with the flat floor, it made sense. Unfortunately there were unforeseen production complications with this change that we have been dealing with for a couple of years now. This, along with the fact that we have had numerous complaints that the dinette seats are too high.

Just for clarity, it is only the seat area that the floor is being raised.

I apologize for this last minute change. The office will work with any customer who would like to cancel their 2017 order due to this change.

Regards,

Reace
reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:34 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Skool View Post
Why is raising the floor 7.62 cm a good thing? Does it have something to do with the Springfield table or vertically challenged escapees? Am I missing something? I will take replies offline since I gotta finish prepping for a new deck, ouch. $$$$$.$$!!!! Scott

Scott and Lori
Low carbon footprint since we like bikes.
Hey Scott, it brings the seat height closer to the standard 18" used for dining chairs, making it more comfortable to those sitting, especially with their butts moved rearward. This is especially true for shorter folks, and why owners have either had Escape raise the floor in the existing model, or have decided it best and do it after they take possession.

edit: or what Reace said.
Old 04-26-2016, 02:41 PM   #34

Trailer: 2014 5.0 TA
Quote:
Hey Scott, it brings the seat height closer to the standard 18" used for dining chairs, making it more comfortable to those sitting, especially with their butts moved rearward. This is especially true for shorter folks, and why so make owners have either had Escape raise the floor in the existing model, or some have decided it best and do it after they take possession.

edit: or what Reace said.
Makes sense, good thing that we are a long limbed family. Thanks. Scott

Scott and Lori
AK snowbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 02:42 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Skool View Post
Makes sense, good thing that we are a long limbed family. Thanks. Scott

Scott and Lori
Makes pedalling easier, eh!
Old 04-26-2016, 03:08 PM   #36

Trailer: 2015 Artic Fox 29-5T Fifthwheel
Poo!
I was hoping I misunderstood. Oh well, not the most crucial change for me. I still love all the other positives to the new molds.
I saw the new awning......love it!
New windows?....Loved them too. Especially since my son assured me he doubts a bear would try to get in the new windows. Lol
Love the new door and screen. Really looks sharp!
Loved that Reace was so willing to work with all the other things I need.
Just need to figure out my work bench issue and will take this raised floor situation as a sign that perhaps I need to rethink my setup.
Not rethink the trailer, because we loved that. Just rethink how I will setup my work station.
Ros
Rosalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 03:27 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosalyn View Post
New windows?....Loved them too. Especially since my son assured me he doubts a bear would try to get in the new windows. Lol
This made me giggle a bit.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:29 PM   #38

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
So does the 19' still have a raised floor under the bed and now a raised front floor under the dinette?
Old 04-26-2016, 03:34 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
So does the 19' still have a raised floor under the bed and now a raised front floor under the dinette?
Quote:
Originally Posted by reace View Post
The raised floor in the 21' and 5.0 TA were last minute changes.
The 19 is raised under the bed as before. This is due to the frame design. Nothing raised in the front though.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:57 PM   #40

Trailer: 2017 21 "Blue II" & 2017 Highlander XLE (previously 2010 17B "Blue" & 2008 Tacoma)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reace View Post
I apologize for this last minute change. The office will work with any customer who would like to cancel their 2017 order due to this change.

Regards,

Reace
Once again Reace, Tammy and ETI step up and do the right thing for customers.

(I can't find a emojie that signifies my cheerleader or cult status.....)

"Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance." George Bernard Shaw
thoer is offline   Reply With Quote