New White Interior - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2022, 07:10 AM   #41

Trailer: "Side Effect" 2022 21C
Maybe I've just overlooked this before but what is a Split Back Bench? And what is the reason to have it?

We will be getting Mineral Jet and Summit Ash but still undecided on flooring.
WillyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 08:11 AM   #42

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
Maybe I've just overlooked this before but what is a Split Back Bench? And what is the reason to have it?

We will be getting Mineral Jet and Summit Ash but still undecided on flooring.
The rear cushion, if not split, becomes unwieldy to handle.....
Old 02-13-2022, 08:15 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
The rear cushion, if not split, becomes unwieldy to handle.....
I'm assuming it's the back and the bottom cushions?
Old 02-13-2022, 08:55 AM   #44

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
You might want to check with ETI to see if they automatically split both the seat cushion and the seat back, or just the seat cushion. When they do that I think they also split the lid under the cushion so you can open just one side.

The big back seat cushion is really huge and cumbersome to remove whenever you need to access the area under the back bench. Having it split, and having the access lid also split, would make it much easier to access one side or the other. We didn't know about that option when we had our trailer built, would have liked to have done that.

The seat back is thin and not as much trouble to mess with, I think it could probably even remain in place to lift the lid and get under the bench area. Mary greatly prefers the look of a solid single seat back - if I were building our trailer now I'd split the bench cushion and lid but not the back. The seam from having two cushions instead of one on the back bench seat wouldn't really show much because the table hides your view of that spot.
Old 02-13-2022, 10:18 AM   #45

Trailer: 2013 Esc19/'14 Silvrado
Guess if had to I could live with the all white interior - even with that feel of an operating room or the inside of a refrigerator, but much prefer something softer. IMO rounded corners particularly applied to all cabinet doors, are the design change absolutely needed.
Old 02-13-2022, 10:25 AM   #46

Trailer: 2021 21NE
It would be nice to have the rear seat cushion and hinged plywood split. We may just diy ours. Sometimes you don't know you need it until you see it. :-)
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 12:48 PM   #47

Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyB View Post
I would have had this done by ETI, but didn't know they offered it. Perry had this done at the factory, I believe it cost him around a $100 (Canadian?) to have it done with his build. Cost me $200 US, I probably could have shopped around!

Anyway, it is done and I like it, it was a pain getting into that area before. We have the Lagun table mount and this works great with the table up which our table is pretty much all the time.

We do use the space under the rear bench for seldom used used tools, bedding for the dinette etc. It sure will be easier than wrestling that humongous cushion and seat back when I want to get in there.
Attached Thumbnails
Bench Extension with table up.jpg   Splt Rear Seat  IMG_20200512_112848.jpg   Splt Rear Seat no cushion clsoed IMG_20200512_113016.jpg   Splt Rear Seat Pass Open IMG_20200512_112931.jpg  
Old 02-13-2022, 01:08 PM   #48

Thanks Ronn!

We will definitely get the split bench. Looks like access is much easier.

We are also going with the Lagun mount.
Old 02-13-2022, 01:35 PM   #49

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Yes, those pictures make me want to do mine the same way......need to talk with Escape as to which way to go. I'm not aware of Escape offering the lagun set up though?
Old 02-13-2022, 01:48 PM   #50

Trailer: 2021 21NE
The Lagun is an option. We have it on our 2021 21NE.
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 03:28 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Yes, those pictures make me want to do mine the same way......need to talk with Escape as to which way to go. I'm not aware of Escape offering the lagun set up though?
Lagun isn't necessary for splitting the seat, but that said I believe the Lagun is my NUMBER modification! We love it.
Old 02-13-2022, 06:03 PM   #52

Trailer: 2021 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyronL View Post
Guess if had to I could live with the all white interior - even with that feel of an operating room or the inside of a refrigerator, but much prefer something softer. IMO rounded corners particularly applied to all cabinet doors, are the design change absolutely needed.
Thank you for sharing your opinion of others choices…
Ooshkaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 06:28 PM   #53

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
Always interesting to see all the choices folks make.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 08:25 PM   #54

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
Always interesting to see all the choices folks make.

Ron
I originally wanted the Maple interior.. The oak just looks like dated interior in my mind. I saw the White/contemporary when introduced..Didn't really like it , until I saw it with a few different applications.. early takers of that finish did compelling jobs of decorating.. I switched.
Old 02-13-2022, 08:31 PM   #55
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Everything will be dated at some point. I have Eastern Maple in my Scamp Deluxe. It's gotten really dark with age.

When I bought Ten Forward I had a choice of Oak or Oak. Good thing I'm fine with it. It has a warmer feel to it and here in the gloomy Pacific Northwest, something that feels cozy is a good thing a lot of the year.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 11:14 PM   #56

Trailer: 2021- 5.0
Ronn,
For your split bench mod, did you get the extra hinge from Escape, or from another hardware store?
Old 02-14-2022, 07:13 AM   #57

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by splicer View Post
Ronn,
For your split bench mod, did you get the extra hinge from Escape, or from another hardware store?
Even though we paid for a split bench the rear lid was not split, so all the rear cushions had to be removed to access the rear bench area. After arriving home from our maiden voyage the bench lid was removed, split, extra holes to open the lid drilled, and extra hinges purchased from the local ACE hardware installed.

Our u-shaped lounging area cost us over $1,300. I'm lounging in it right now writing this in Gilbert Ray by Tucson. Item's included were:
  • No table installed (free)
  • U-shaped dinette
  • Extend rear bench from 19" to 22"
  • Split rear cushions
  • 4" thick rear back cushion (advised to do this by two owners at the Mississippi River Rendezvous)
  • Two filler cushions, but we only use one (we provided the board)
  • Wrap-around cushion fabric

Except for only needing one filler cushion, we would order all of the above again. Since we do not have a table to use for making a sleeping area for our daughter and granddaughter, we carry an extra filler board underneath the mattress.

Although we carry a portable table that is used outside, we've only used that table in the dinette area 2-3 times since we received our 5.0 in October 2018 and not since 2019. We use a beer serving tray to hold our drinks and condiments, with our plates in our laps. Everyone is different though.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 02-14-2022, 07:38 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post
Even though we paid for a split bench the rear lid was not split, so all the rear cushions had to be removed to access the rear bench area. After arriving home from our maiden voyage the bench lid was removed, split, extra holes to open the lid drilled, and extra hinges purchased from the local ACE hardware installed.

Our u-shaped lounging area cost us over $1,300. I'm lounging in it right now writing this in Gilbert Ray by Tucson. Item's included were:
  • No table installed (free)
  • U-shaped dinette
  • Extend rear bench from 19" to 22"
  • Split rear cushions
  • 4" thick rear back cushion (advised to do this by two owners at the Mississippi River Rendezvous)
  • Two filler cushions, but we only use one (we provided the board)
  • Wrap-around cushion fabric

Except for only needing one filler cushion, we would order all of the above again. Since we do not have a table to use for making a sleeping area for our daughter and granddaughter, we carry an extra filler board underneath the mattress.

Although we carry a portable table that is used outside, we've only used that table in the dinette area 2-3 times since we received our 5.0 in October 2018 and not since 2019. We use a beer serving tray to hold our drinks and condiments, with our plates in our laps. Everyone is different though.

Enjoy,

Perry
4" thick rear back cushions? Not the others?

Tell me more.
Old 02-14-2022, 11:31 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by splicer View Post
Ronn,
Like Perry, I got hinges from the hardware store.

Be mindful that the wider you make your back bench the less floor space you will have for your feet, I built a 7" extension for the back seat bottom and use a 2" pool noodle behind the backrest (picture shows a 4", but I find a 2" works just as well). with this noodle neither of us have an issue with the back stabber knobs when lounging.

The last picture is the top step of the 5.0, I opened it up and store the extension under the top step.
Attached Thumbnails
1 Bench without Extension.jpg   2  Building the Bench Extension ROTATED.jpg   3 Bench w extension mounted - No table.jpg   4 Bench w Extension unmounted - with table (3).jpg   5 Bench Extension with table up.jpg  

6 Top Step Bench Extension Storage.jpg  
Old 02-16-2022, 07:32 AM   #60

Trailer: 2022 21C 'The QShip'
On the OP's original Contemporary Interior thought, gjshelton posted the following showing a combination of Contemporary and Maple doors and drawers. We think it is spectacular, but apparently it was a one-off and ETI will not offer it. Maybe if enough buyers ask for it they will make it available, possibly at a small added cost. We would definitely opt for it, both as we think it is attractive and it would add to the 'custom' character of our 21C.

https://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f...ferrerid=15603
marant is offline   Reply With Quote