News from ETI for changes in 2019 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2018, 02:40 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 Escape 5.0 TA currently in "The Build Queue"
News from ETI for changes in 2019

My husband and I are waiting for 2019 production dates to purchase a 5.0 TA.
I've been following the Escape Industries website and noticed that they have just released some news about some changes to their trailers starting in 2019.
The Dometic power awning is being replaced by the Carefree Fiesta manual awning and the frameless thermal windows will no longer be offered as an option. They will be offering framed thermal windows as an upgrade instead.
I'm interested to get the opinions of Escape trailer owners about these changes ... Good or bad.
LaurieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 02:53 PM   #2

Trailer: 2015 19 foot
See http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f4...ges-13274.html
Old 07-16-2018, 02:55 PM   #3

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Also http://www.escapeforum.org/forums/f7...now-13280.html

And Welcome to the forum!
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 02:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdornbush View Post
Thanks for the re-direct.
I'm a newbie and still trying to find my way around this forum.
Cheers!
Old 07-16-2018, 03:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
Thanks.
Frankly, when we recently looked at a 2017 Escape 5.0 TA the awning and windows caused us a bit of concern. We didn't like the fact that the awning didn't tilt down and were also concerned with the lack of airflow and overall durability of the frameless windows.
So ... I supposed the company has resolved those issues for us.
Old 07-16-2018, 03:23 PM   #6

Trailer: 2018 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieB View Post
Thanks.
Frankly, when we recently looked at a 2017 Escape 5.0 TA the awning and windows caused us a bit of concern. We didn't like the fact that the awning didn't tilt down and were also concerned with the lack of airflow and overall durability of the frameless windows.
So ... I supposed the company has resolved those issues for us.
Just a note that you don't have to wait until 2019 for these options. Escape will install these two items on your 2018 trailer if you were to take the final few completion dates.
MikeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 03:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
Just a note that you don't have to wait until 2019 for these options. Escape will install these two items on your 2018 trailer if you were to take the final few completion dates.
Good to know.
Thanks again Mike.
Old 09-12-2018, 03:39 PM   #8

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
According to the current Escape's website, the only change for 2019 will be the choice of awning, power or manual. The previous frameless window deletion change is no longer mentioned and the power awning is now an option. So, in reality the option of the manual awning is available is the current 2019 change.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:32 PM   #9

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
What, no 21 with a 19 floor plan?

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:54 PM   #10

Trailer: 2013 19ft Escape "Eggy Sue"
Thats what Id like to see. A permanent rear bed and and in the front a bench seat running along the long side wall and another across the front. You supply the detached table. Simple ,no?
2002 Toyota Tundra 4X4
peter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:19 PM   #11

Trailer: None now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron in BC View Post
What, no 21 with a 19 floor plan?

Ron

I hope they do not offer that. I would be forced to sell the 19 and make the long trek up again.
wetzk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 07:52 PM   #12

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 - June 27, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by wetzk View Post
I hope they do not offer that. I would be forced to sell the 19 and make the long trek up again.
Agree. We have a 19 and would have been tempted to go with a 21 if the layout were reversed. Beds are primarily used at night. The hallway in the kitchen is narrow as it is and everyone who wants to go to the dinette area in a 21 has to get around the person who is working in the kitchen. That wouldn't be as big a problem if it were reversed.
rjbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 08:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbny View Post
Agree. We have a 19 and would have been tempted to go with a 21 if the layout were reversed. Beds are primarily used at night. The hallway in the kitchen is narrow as it is and everyone who wants to go to the dinette area in a 21 has to get around the person who is working in the kitchen. That wouldn't be as big a problem if it were reversed.

The hallway in our 21' is huge! That's a non-issue to me, and one of the reasons we GOT the 21'. We also love the north/south orientation of the permanent bed. Another east/west bed would be a sad deal breaker for us. We will not be crawling over each other any more. Getting the north/south bed in the 21' is was the whole point !
Old 09-13-2018, 08:11 AM   #14

Trailer: 2010 EggCamper (#083); 2017 Escape 21 (#053); 2016 F-150 5.0L FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter View Post
Thats what Id like to see. A permanent rear bed and and in the front a bench seat running along the long side wall and another across the front. You supply the detached table. Simple ,no?
Well, if you're really determined, you could do that yourself. Remove the front bed framing (it's all screws that can be backed out), re-route the water lines to the bathroom (that could be the tricky part), frame in the bench seats over the water heater, front hatch storage area and black water tank, then trim it out. ETI lays the flooring before framing, so your flooring is already there. Then just drop the table in the rear, make the bed, and you're done. What could go wrong? (That's the $30,000 dollar question!) Or did I make that sound too easy, since I'm not the one doing it?
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:48 AM   #15

Trailer: 2019---21'
I am with you....like the floor plan on the 19 than the 21-gil
k4zvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #16

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbny View Post
I'm a big guy and getting past me in the kitchen is totally easy in our 21'

the wider aisle in the 21 as compared to the 19 makes a huge difference to us.

just my 2c

Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:03 PM   #17

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19, sold; 2019 Escape 21, Sept. 2019
[QUOTE=War Eagle;262522
What could go wrong? (That's the $30,000 dollar question!) Or did I make that sound too easy, since I'm not the one doing it?[/QUOTE]

That would make a weird shaped dinette in the front, squeezed in sideways beside the bathroom with limited windows and view.

No thanks, it's a 19 floor plan or nothing for me.

Ron
Ron in BC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:40 PM   #18

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19 - June 27, 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Losangeles View Post
the wider aisle in the 21 as compared to the 19 makes a huge difference to us.
Escape has dimension PDF's on their website, however, they aren't consistent with each other - e.g. the PDF for the 19 has the aisle dimension but the one for the 21 doesn't. The outside width of the 21 is listed as 7' 4" and the 19 at 7'. So, there is 4 more inches to work with.
rjbny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:40 PM   #19

Trailer: 2018 21' ; 2014 19' (Sold)
We are driving home now, after picking up our 21'. Another couple was picking up their 21' at the same time so we 'compared' with each other. Seems one other change is the door. Ours is the current style which allows you to open the door to just about any angle. The new door has a pneumatic (or torsion) bar at the bottom which limits you to a 90°degree open door. We hadn't heard of this door change but, obviously, it's either going to be standard or be a new option. The other owner asked about changing to the current style door but was told it couldn't be done after the fact. Plus, it seems, the only way to open the new door all the way is to remove the pneumatic bar at the bottom.

Both 21'ers were delivered with the Carefree awning and sliding windows. We had both on our 19' and enjoyed them ... and we're loving them this time around. Have already camped in some thunderstorms with heavy rains so we were able to deploy the awning in a matter of minutes, drop one corner and stayed dry entering and exiting the trailer while water drained off the corner of the awning.

My only disappointment is the loss of the variable speed Maxx fan. Loved having the low speed fan for nighttime. This fan is just on or off.

Jan

We do not remember days, we remember moments.
- Cesare Pavese
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:11 PM   #20

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19 "Escape Pod" (November 30 2018)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreamin View Post
We are driving home now, after picking up our 21'. Another couple was picking up their 21' at the same time so we 'compared' with each other. Seems one other change is the door. Ours is the current style which allows you to open the door to just about any angle. The new door has a pneumatic (or torsion) bar at the bottom which limits you to a 90°degree open door. We hadn't heard of this door change but, obviously, it's either going to be standard or be a new option. The other owner asked about changing to the current style door but was told it couldn't be done after the fact. Plus, it seems, the only way to open the new door all the way is to remove the pneumatic bar at the bottom.
I sure hope this isn't a design change! Having the door stick out 90° from the trailer while camping is less than desirable..
GoCampBC is offline   Reply With Quote