Pending orders - dates getting moved up - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Register Files FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-16-2021, 10:31 PM   #1

Trailer: 2022 21C, our second Escape
Pending orders - dates getting moved up

For those of us who are waiting for a far-off delivery date, yesterday I watched a new video from Escape explaining that all or most dates are getting brought forward, the furthest dates by as much as 5-6 months earlier (for guaranteed completion date). They stressed that this is going to be offered and it's up to the buyer to agree to the newer date or not. Not automatic. They said everyone would get an email in the next few days and essentially we have a chance then to accept the sooner date or keep the later one. If they don't hear from you, your far-off date stays the same.

So, have people been receiving those emails? I am watching out for it but it's been a couple of days now and we still don't have it. I'd hate to miss the chance to move up by failing to notice an email.

It's giving me Battle Royale or Hunger Games vibes. May the odds be ever in your favor.
Small but Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 11:30 PM   #2

Trailer: 2021 21NE
I expect they will email us this week.
kathytony1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 11:35 PM   #3

Yes, I was thinking if we haven’t heard from them by next Friday I would reach out. It’ll be exciting to get an email and actually see a new date. The way I heard it, they should have already contacted the first people.
Old 05-16-2021, 11:39 PM   #4

We had our date moved a few months ago. That email was a total surprise. It would be awesome to have it sooner! Right now ours is September 27.
Old 05-17-2021, 08:42 AM   #5

Trailer: 2019 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Small but Sweet View Post
Yes, I was thinking if we haven’t heard from them by next Friday I would reach out. It’ll be exciting to get an email and actually see a new date. The way I heard it, they should have already contacted the first people.
I'm sure they'll be contacting the more recent completion dates first to compact the schedule closer in and then move out to the later dates. Our orig guaranteed date is not until 5/23 so I do not expect an email until late in the week towards the end of the process.
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 10:04 AM   #6

Trailer: 2021 Escape 19
We got an email moving our date from March 22 to October 21. We need to complete the draft of build sheet and send it back to ETI. Very excited!
Luba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 11:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luba View Post
We got an email moving our date from March 22 to October 21. We need to complete the draft of build sheet and send it back to ETI. Very excited!
That's interesting. Our GCD is 3/1/2022, so earlier than yours had been. We already completed and signed our build sheet, but I have not seen a new email yet.

So the process isn't linear.
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 12:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreyG View Post
That's interesting. Our GCD is 3/1/2022, so earlier than yours had been. We already completed and signed our build sheet, but I have not seen a new email yet.

So the process isn't linear.
Yes, definitely not linear, more of a curve. They did say in the video that the further out your date is, the greater will be the difference with the new date. Orders coming up soonest might not change at all. You Jeff are exactly in the middle so please let us know when you hear something?! Although possibly having already signed build sheet, might put you in a different group.
Old 05-17-2021, 12:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small but Sweet View Post
Yes, definitely not linear, more of a curve. They did say in the video that the further out your date is, the greater will be the difference with the new date. Orders coming up soonest might not change at all. You Jeff are exactly in the middle so please let us know when you hear something?! Although possibly having already signed build sheet, might put you in a different group.
My original (and still current) GCD is March 1, 2022, my ECD is September 29, 2021.

Luba's original GCD is about three weeks later than mine. Luba's new GCD is about three weeks later than my ECD, for what that's worth.

The non-linear part that's interesting is that Luba got a new GCD already, and I have not. I had kind of assumed they would be working through all the orders front to back in terms of sending out the new GCDs, but clearly they are not.

One other weird thing, I did get an email from ETI this weekend saying "Time to think about booking your trailer pick up or delivery." But since I don't know if/when my new GCD will be, I can't complete the form. I'm assuming this form gets kicked out automatically when the build sheet is signed, because usually the build sheet should have a valid GCD. My build sheet doesn't have a date on it.
Old 05-17-2021, 12:20 PM   #10

JeffreyG... more of a scatter than a curve then! It sounds as if yours is coming up soon and will perhaps be around the Earliest Completion date, but they haven't assured you of that yet?
Old 05-17-2021, 12:35 PM   #11

We got that same email to arrange for a delivery hub/date a couple of weeks ago. We have completed and signed our build sheet, but we have until June 25 to make any changes with a GCD of Sept 27, 2021.
Still hoping they offer an early completion date!
Old 05-17-2021, 12:54 PM   #12

Trailer: Escape 17B / 2021Toyota 4Runner
No word here, but our original schedule was for April 2023. Glad to hear they are pushing up.

Ian
IanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 05:47 PM   #13

Trailer: 2022 21NE
In the video Karl mentions that some trailer types take longer than others, like the 5th wheel takes longer than a 17b. Might explain why some peoples dates appear to jump in front of others.
MichaelS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 02:26 PM   #14

Has anyone with an early 2022 guaranteed completion date gotten a new date yet? I really had the impression from the video chat between Karl and Samuel that I'd be getting an email with a new date pretty quickly, for sure within a week. I haven't heard anything and I'm wondering if I just had a wrong impression how quickly this was going to move.
Old 05-21-2021, 03:08 PM   #15

Trailer: 5.0 TA Delivered 4/7/22
Quote:
Has anyone with an early 2022 guaranteed completion date gotten a new date yet? I really had the impression from the video chat between Karl and Samuel that I'd be getting an email with a new date pretty quickly, for sure within a week. I haven't heard anything and I'm wondering if I just had a wrong impression how quickly this was going to move.
I'm the same way! Been checking my email every hour looking for an ETI update.. Nothing so far as well...bumma!
Old 05-21-2021, 03:20 PM   #16

Trailer: 2017 19 foot sold, 2022 21C
I asked Escape this morning and got this reply. Emails will go out within the next two weeks maybe as soon as next Tuesday. They are checking and double checking the dates before they send out the emails.
diannelgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 03:26 PM   #17

Trailer: 2010 Prolite Mini
Like Jeffrey, I was expecting to hear by now. But I also want ETI to take the time they need to get it right. Remember these new dates offered will be “guaranteed” delivery dates not “hopefully” dates.
Old 05-21-2021, 03:27 PM   #18

Trailer: 2022 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by diannelgraham View Post
I asked Escape this morning and got this reply. Emails will go out within the next two weeks maybe as soon as next Tuesday. They are checking and double checking the dates before they send out the emails.
Good to know! I've also been checking my email multiple times a day.
MichaelS78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 03:57 PM   #19

Trailer: 2021 Escape 5.0 / 2022 F150 SuperCab
Quote:
My original (and still current) GCD is March 1, 2022, my ECD is September 29, 2021.

Luba's original GCD is about three weeks later than mine. Luba's new GCD is about three weeks later than my ECD, for what that's worth.

The non-linear part that's interesting is that Luba got a new GCD already, and I have not. I had kind of assumed they would be working through all the orders front to back in terms of sending out the new GCDs, but clearly they are not.
I hope folks who are 'tracking' this from afar will remember / recognize Karl's comments about the need to balance the 'production mix' being one of the factors (shell mold availability might be an example).

IOW, it is quite possible that, for example, a person with a later current E19 GCD could be offered and moved ahead of a person with an earlier current 5.0 GCD (or vice-versa). Both the 'offers' and the 'revised GCDs' may not appear from afar to be 'linear' for that good, sensible, and 'fair' reason.

Seems that folks are just gonna have to have faith that, when ETI finds they have a 'production slot open for an E##' they will look to the next person in line with an E## order, and to that extent the process will be 'linear' and thereby 'fair'.

And, of course, on any given later date an even earlier production slot for a given model may open, resulting in even more apparent 'non-linearity' as viewed from afar.

Just for your consideration.
Old 05-21-2021, 04:02 PM   #20

Trailer: 2019 E19
Quote:
I'm somewhat surprised that you being so close in with your delivery date have not received an email yet. I expected that they would contact folks in waves starting with close in dates and moving out. I thought the reason I haven't seen a notice yet was due to you folks with earlier guaranteed delivery dates still getting moved before me. Maybe they had to stop and rethink the process for some reason.
Chamberman is offline   Reply With Quote