Photo mock-up and floorplan for new 5.0 - Page 9 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #161

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandsandyclink View Post
I think I said rallies are popular in Texas. This is a great place for Escape Industries to show their new 5.0 and convert some more Casitians. I can just see the continuous long line of lookers now. However because this rally gets bigger every year with just 180 sites available, it's going to be very hard for all Escape owners who would like to attend to get reservations. I was thinking it would be cool to have an rendezvous nearby the weekend before or after Bluebonnet for an Escape "welcome" gathering and a chance to see the newest 5.0. This is just an idea at this point and would depend on Tammy & Reace and their travel schedule. Those lucky enough to get in Bluebonnet could still attend both.
That is an excellent idea, hopefully T&R will be able to spend some extra time there.
Old 11-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #162

Trailer: 2006 Bigfoot 25ft Rear Queen
Re the Bluebonnet Rally - we initially limit registration to about 130 and then open up as early registrants cancel and we get a better feel for the number of spaces available at the park. Mr. Mack has some helpers there that occupy spaces. We've never had to turn away anyone that wanted to attend. Some spaces are large pull through that accommodates two trailers. And we have an overflow area that may not have full hookups.

I was excited to hear from Tammy about the possibility of introducing the new tandem 5th wheel in Bandera.

Brad Cottingham - Past host of the event, now a volunteer.
BradBev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #163

Trailer: 2014 Escape 19ft, birthing date September 3, 2014
How about just "day" people. We just wanted to come and see trailers, meet people. We don't mind paying an entry fee.

Xterra
Escape 19 (09/03/14)
Nilotica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #164

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5TA
No fee the last time I was here (last year), I came over 2 different days.
Vicki A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #165

Brad,
When you say limit participants to 130 and then open up, you mean if someone cancels there is an opening?. Are you a volunteer there, at the park?
Old 11-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #166

As folks register, we list them and the first 130 or so shows confirmed and other wait list. As we get cancellations we upgrade in order from wait list to confirmed.

I'm not a "Park" volunteer, but a Bluebonnet volunteer. Beverly and I put it on 6 years - from 2006 until 2011. Debbie Gamble took over beginning at the 2012 event.

Brad

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Brad,
When you say limit participants to 130 and then open up, you mean if someone cancels there is an opening?. Are you a volunteer there, at the park?
Old 11-16-2013, 03:56 PM   #167

And we have no problem with day visitors. We ask for a $15 event donation for each trailer should folks want to participate in door prizes and evening events that we have to fund like ice cream socials and hamburger cookouts.

Brad
Old 11-16-2013, 03:59 PM   #168

I think we've highjacked this tread long enough. I'll try to post info on this forum when we open registration. Should be within the next 30 days or so.

Brad
Old 11-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #169

Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradBev View Post
I think we've highjacked this tread long enough. I'll try to post info on this forum when we open registration. Should be within the next 30 days or so.

Brad
Yeah, maybe a new thread needs to be started, for sure.

I just looked into this rally, and it does look like lots of fun (but then, aren't most of them). It would be great to make it down to visit y'all some day, but will have to wait until retirement, which can't come too soon for me.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:50 AM   #170
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
I spend almost as much time poking around the Escape Trailer Industries web pages as I do here on the forums

Spotted this info today, under the 5er Products page:

The new Fifthwheel will be 8" wider, 8" longer and 5" taller. As you may have already assumed it will also be Tandem Axle. The Standard Features will be the same however, there will be a few additions such as the 6.7cuft fridge, 2 LED Captains Reading Lights over the Bed, and the additional window over the sink. Please note this trailer will not have a U-Shaped Dinette.

Oh dear... well, it would certainly help me make the decision whether or not to get striped upholstery fabric on all the cushions.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #171

Trailer: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I spend almost as much time poking around the Escape Trailer Industries web pages as I do here on the forums

Spotted this info today, under the 5er Products page:

The new Fifthwheel will be 8" wider, 8" longer and 5" taller. As you may have already assumed it will also be Tandem Axle. The Standard Features will be the same however, there will be a few additions such as the 6.7cuft fridge, 2 LED Captains Reading Lights over the Bed, and the additional window over the sink. Please note this trailer will not have a U-Shaped Dinette.

Oh dear... well, it would certainly help me make the decision whether or not to get striped upholstery fabric on all the cushions.
Is the U shaped an option?
ColoRockiesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #172

You may want to verify that with Escape before throwing in the towel, so to speak.
Old 11-26-2013, 01:19 AM   #173

Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
Yes, custom vinyl can be pricey. Escape pays about $6 per square meter of vinyl (an unbelievably low price!) and the customer picks up the difference between their product and the custom product (multiplied by the number of square yards/meters required). In my case for the 15A, it came to over $400 in upcharge, but I am very pleased with my choice.

I have to admit that I didn't realize what a good deal Escape had on their vinyl so got quite the sticker shock when the bill came in for my choice. But it's done and I'm kind of glad I didn't know at the time.

When I ordered my Escape 17B, I purchased my own vinyl and brought it to Escape to install. The only requirement was it had to be a full glue-down vinyl. Yes it's usually more costly because of quantity - Vinyl is manufactured in 12' widths so you have to buy more than you'll actually use. (I have a nice chunk left over that would probably be enough to do someones bathroom - or redo the Escape down the road when it wears - if I don't get tired of it) . Escape orders theirs in large quantities so they get a much better deal plus they cut it as they need it so have very little waste.

I picked a neutral color with a faint graphic pattern in it - makes the floor space look so much larger.

It's great having these options because you can make your trailer as unique as you want - or don't!
LBaranyai is offline   Reply With Quote