Pics of the new interior - Page 3 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-22-2019, 05:27 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Port Townsend, Washington
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA Oct 2019;current Escape 19 2017
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by buellfire View Post
Thought I would post completed pictures of the Maple Interior for future build outs.
Can you tell me if that is the new stock flooring and formica? I thought the new flooring was more of a brown, but I see a lot of green in yours.
dmdunca44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:42 PM   #42
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Santa Fe, New Mexico
Trailer: 2019 Escape 19
Posts: 92
the flooring for our new Escape 19 (maple interior) has more grays and greens than browns in it, if you ask me. It does have some brown, but I wouldn't call it brown. But, then, how decorators and clothes designers give names to colors is way beyond me (burned mocha?, claret griselle?). FWIW, whatever you call--cool grey green?--we thought the flooring went well with an off white custom formica (autumn flax?, something like that), and a brown tweed upholstery on the cushions, if you want to lighten up the counters and take the boldness out of the cushion fabric pattern.
Seneca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:49 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
gbaglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
Posts: 17,136
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
the flooring for our new Escape 19 (maple interior) has more grays and greens than browns in it, if you ask me.

What you see on your computer monitor will differ from what I see or another sees on theirs. How the colours appear also depends on the lighting used to take the photo and the camera and camera settings.
I wouldn't rely too much on "what you see is what you get".
__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
gbaglo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 01:50 PM   #44
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: DICKINSON, Texas
Trailer: 2022 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 35
https://www.commercemetals.com/stain...0aAvAoEALw_wcB I would be temted to use this product
xring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:08 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
Greggo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Solvang, California
Trailer: 2016 21' Escape (usetaowna a 19, a Burro and 2 Casitas)
Posts: 842
Eh. Old skool guy, classic 21 with the original stuff. Old truck. What me worry? Nope.

G
__________________
Some who wander are not lost...
Greggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:57 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
escape artist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: St. Thomas not BVI., Ontario
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0TA / 2016 Ram Eco Diesel 4X4
Posts: 8,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggo View Post
Eh. Old skool guy, classic 21 with the original stuff. Old truck. What me worry? Nope.

G
Hi: Greggo... I don't really care what wood be the outcome as long as I don't get "Slivers"!!! Alf
escape artist N.S. of Lake Erie
__________________
Quote Bugs Bunny..."Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it ALIVE"!!!
'16 Ram Eco D. 4X4 Laramie Longhorn CC & '14 Escape 5.0TA
St.Thomas (Not the Virgin Islands) Ontario
escape artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:15 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Williamson County, Tennessee
Trailer: 2019 Escape-21C toad by 2017 Titan XD Crew Cab V8 4x4
Posts: 450
Exclamation Maple

We decided on the Maple plus a 2x larger SS sink..Holly hated the tiny sink in our Casita and the smallish one in the ETI ads. A SS backsplash may indeed be in our future. Thanks for the info! Fred & Holly
Hollybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:21 AM   #48
Senior Member
 
Gori's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Trailer: 21' Escape in production 12/05/19
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollybee View Post
We decided on the Maple plus a 2x larger SS sink..Holly hated the tiny sink in our Casita and the smallish one in the ETI ads. A SS backsplash may indeed be in our future. Thanks for the info! Fred & Holly
Can you give me the details on your sink? I'm searching for one myself right now.

Thanks
Gori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:51 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
Ronn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Trailer: 2019 5.0 TA
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gori View Post
Can you give me the details on your sink? I'm searching for one myself right now.

Thanks
Here is the one we added, it says UNDERMOUNT, but it works either way. It is from Wayfair.ca and they shipped it to ETI. We are happy with the size, doesn't seem too large.

https://www.wayfair.ca/home-improvem...libra_g=&cltr=

Deliver via Ground
Parmi 16" L x 16" W Undermount Bar Sink
Parmi 16" L x 16" W Undermount Bar Sink by Ruvati
Qty: 1
Price: CAD $225.99
Attached Thumbnails
Sweet Suit Sink.jpg  
__________________
The Sweet Suite
Ronn and Colleen
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 08:55 AM   #50
Senior Member
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Posts: 26,268
The stock sink is 6" deep and 14.5x12.5 for reference purposes.
__________________
Jim
Sometime life gets in the way of living.......
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:55 PM   #51
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Trailer: 2011 Escape 15A
Posts: 81
Sink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gori View Post
Can you give me the details on your sink? I'm searching for one myself right now. Thanks
Since we are now on the topic of sinks... I found this one at Amazon, it has many amenities: "Sink, Cutting Board, Colander, Bottom Rinse Grid, Basket Strainer Drain Assembly, Cutout Template, Mounting Clips and Installation Guide". 15 x 15 inches. Pricey, but good looking.

It looks like a nice choice, if you want to install the faucet at one end. Lots of flexibility. It is a top mount.

David
Pittsburgh, PA
Attached Thumbnails
Option.JPG  
DavidGlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:02 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
davidmurphy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Austin, Texas
Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
Posts: 1,600
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidGlen View Post
Since we are now on the topic of sinks... I found this one at Amazon, it has many amenities: "Sink, Cutting Board, Colander, Bottom Rinse Grid, Basket Strainer Drain Assembly, Cutout Template, Mounting Clips and Installation Guide". 15 x 15 inches. Pricey, but good looking.

It looks like a nice choice, if you want to install the faucet at one end. Lots of flexibility. It is a top mount.

David
Pittsburgh, PA
Not sure ETI would OK that sink, sinks have to have no faucet hole cutouts because they install the faucet in the counter top behind the sink.
__________________
David, Mary, and the cats
davidmurphy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:10 PM   #53
Senior Member
 
jnfrombigt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: North Augusta, South Carolina
Trailer: 2019 Escape 5.0TA "SCRATCH" First 5.0 TA registered in South Carolina
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidGlen View Post
Since we are now on the topic of sinks... I found this one at Amazon, it has many amenities: "Sink, Cutting Board, Colander, Bottom Rinse Grid, Basket Strainer Drain Assembly, Cutout Template, Mounting Clips and Installation Guide". 15 x 15 inches. Pricey, but good looking.

It looks like a nice choice, if you want to install the faucet at one end. Lots of flexibility. It is a top mount.

David
Pittsburgh, PA
You know I had spotted that sink myself. If the measurements work I may give that a shot after I pay for all the other stuff I have already gotten or is on order. Great looking sink!
__________________
"Everyday's a Holiday"
jnfrombigt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:10 PM   #54
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Trailer: 2019 21'-completion date August 15, 2019
Posts: 16
sink selection

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmurphy02 View Post
Not sure ETI would OK that sink, sinks have to have no faucet hole cutouts because they install the faucet in the counter top behind the sink.
Yes, I was told that in February when I inquired about this sink. It doesn't make sense to me that they can't install the faucet on the sink. The countertop is a blank slate until they cut the holes. Also I was told that the maximum depth for the sink is 8". We went with this one: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Whitehau...-BSS/203864416

My wife definitely thought that the standard sink would be too small.
We are picking up our 21' on Sept. 25th.

Mark
themarkofak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:16 PM   #55
Senior Member
 
cpaharley2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Central, Pennsylvania
Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Posts: 26,268
Too small for what? One of the things about camping is limits, you have a finite limit of water if not hooked up and if hooked you still have a limit. Large sinks means large amounts of water. You cook in a way that does not mean washing pots and pans like at home. Use foil and throw away when done, pan stays clean. There is an adjustment that has to be made from home to camping in cooking and cleaning up.
__________________
Jim
Sometime life gets in the way of living.......
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:26 PM   #56
Site Team
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland, Oregon
Trailer: 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Posts: 11,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Large sinks means large amounts of water.
I'm going to thoroughly disagree with this, IF you use a dishpan inside the sink. And a lot of people do. What a deeper sink means, is you won't splash water out of the sink. At least I don't. I got so very tired of water on ME, the floor, Formica, backsplash and the window. The bigger, deeper prep sink I had installed in Ten Forward solve THAT problem And I'm betting I don't use any more water than those with the standard bar sink.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward
2014 Escape 5.0TA
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:31 PM   #57
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 7,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I'm going to thoroughly disagree with this, IF you use a dishpan inside the sink. And a lot of people do. What a deeper sink means, is you won't splash water out of the sink. At least I don't. I got so very tired of water on ME, the floor, Formica, backsplash and the window. The bigger, deeper prep sink I had installed in Ten Forward solve THAT problem And I'm betting I don't use any more water than those with the standard bar sink.
Donna interested for all the reasons you listed . What and where did you get your sink ? Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:33 PM   #58
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Trailer: 2019 21'-completion date August 15, 2019
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Too small for what? One of the things about camping is limits, you have a finite limit of water if not hooked up and if hooked you still have a limit. Large sinks means large amounts of water. You cook in a way that does not mean washing pots and pans like at home. Use foil and throw away when done, pan stays clean. There is an adjustment that has to be made from home to camping in cooking and cleaning up.
Too small for my wife
themarkofak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:36 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
Patandlinda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Ventura County, California
Trailer: 2013 19 Escape
Posts: 7,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by themarkofak View Post
Too small for my wife
Can understand . Our camper had a double sink so this one is hard to use . Pat
Patandlinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 02:47 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
Gori's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Trailer: 21' Escape in production 12/05/19
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patandlinda View Post
Donna interested for all the reasons you listed . What and where did you get your sink ? Pat
DITTO. Please advise.... I can't find a sink I can live with that Escape will install.
Gori is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Escape Trailer Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2023 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.