Reace and Tammy Retire - Page 4 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Escape Trailer Owners Community > Escape Community > Escape News
Click Here to Login

Old 08-13-2019, 07:40 PM   #61

Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Wow! Big news! Our best wishes to Reace and Tammy! Hope you have many years making beautiful memories! Add our thanks to this long list of happy clients for the great product, company and world-class customer service culture you two built! And thanks for OUR many memories that you helped create!

PS Hope we hear from you on the forum occasionally, though I doubt you will be asking for technical advice, eh?

!:::
ColoradoSwany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:25 PM   #62

Trailer: 2015 Escape 21
Congratulations to you both!!! We are so very happy for you and can’t wait to run into you camping somewhere. Enjoy!!!
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:22 PM   #63
Commercial Member

Trailer: All Escape(s)
Well...we weren’t sure what reaction we would get from the community, and thank you all for the warm thoughts! As many of you already know...there is a new world out there when you don’t have work getting in the way!

To answer a few questions I have seen posted...

We are the proud owners of a 5.0TA which we plan to travel extensively in, probably next year though as the timing is not working this year.

Tammy currently has three horses that she competes competitively with in Cattle Penning and Sorting in Western Canada/US. She now felt she was up for more of a challenge so she has recently acquired a three month old colt, who will join our group in a few months!

Erin is about two weeks away from moving to Toronto where she will be attending dental school to become dental hygienist. It is an 18 month program and then she plans to move back to Chilliwack.

For me, I was working part-time at getting my helicopter private pilot licence. Since the end of June I have been at it full-time and should be complete by the end of next week. We are pretty excited for the adventures ahead.

Leah, our youngest, is still at Escape and works in Human Resources.

Once we start hitting the road we will read this thread over again and take you guys up on the offer to visit...might be with a trailer...might be with a helicopter! 😜

Reace and Tammy
reace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:25 PM   #64
Commercial Member

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21 - "Felicity"
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by reace View Post
Well...we weren’t sure what reaction we would get from the community, and thank you all for the warm thoughts! As many of you already know...there is a new world out there when you don’t have work getting in the way!

We are the proud owners of a 5.0TA which we plan to travel extensively in, probably next year though as the timing is not working this year.

Tammy currently has three horses that she competes competitively with in Cattle Penning and Sorting in Western Canada/US. She now felt she was up for more of a challenge so she has recently acquired a three month old colt, who will join our group in a few months!

Erin is about two weeks away from moving to Toronto where she will be attending dental school to become dental hygienist. It is an 18 month program and then she plans to move back to Chilliwack.

For me, I was working part-time at getting my helicopter private pilot licence. Since the end of June I have been at it full-time and should be complete by the end of next week. We are pretty excited for the adventures ahead.

Once we start hitting the road we will read this thread over again and take you guys up on the offer to visit...might be with a trailer...might be with a helicopter! 😜

Reace and Tammy
You're welcome to visit near Portland, Oregon either way; my shop parking area will accomodate either mode........

Need custom storage to your design? Don't drill holes!
www.RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 11:35 PM   #65

Trailer: 2002 Escape 13'
Tammy and Reace,

Congratulations on your retirement... If I know you two you won't be idle very long. Take time to enjoy yourselves after such a long adventure with your Escape business. We love our Escape trailer and hope the same high level of quality and customer service continues. Best of luck!

Steve & Margarita
hotfishtacos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 01:57 AM   #66

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
Congratulations on your retirement!

Thanks for making a great trailer and for all the help with all my “yearly” updates!

Enjoy the travels...

Good luck to the both of you in your future endeavours.
Doug & Anna-Marie
Old 08-14-2019, 06:13 AM   #67

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Wow, a flying Escape....good to see you now have a new vocation for your tinkering. Glad to see retirement has been smooth for you and your family. Stay healthy, that is all I have to say. Hope to see you at some rallies also. It has been a pleasure doing business with your guys......
Old 08-14-2019, 06:59 AM   #68

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21, 2014 Northern Lite slide in, 2014 2500 Duramax
Congratulations Reace and Tammy on the new chapter in life.

It is wonderful to build a great company from the ground up and very rewarding as you progress.
Having a great product design, high quality build standards, and great customer service is hard to find in today's businesses.

Equally rewarding is being seen by other businesses in your industry as worthy and wanting to acquire and add to their portfolio.

Best wishes for wherever the next chapter takes you and your family
TZBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 07:16 AM   #69

Trailer: 2017 50 TA, 2016 F150, 2.7 Ecoboost
[emoji106][emoji106]Wish you both a long and healthy retirement. It’s the best job we ever had. We couldn’t be happier with our 5.0TA which has made our retirement even better. Hope the new company keeps up your values so others can enjoy the pleasure of owning an Escape.
[emoji848] Maybe we’ll see an Escape with a Helipad on top in the near future?
Chotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 07:45 AM   #70

Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
As we all know life it too short so enjoy it to the fullest while you can! I don't have much to add as others have said it already but thanks for the trailer(s) and we hope to see y'all somewhere on the road. Come on back to TX and we can show you around!

Best to all of you,

Steve and Cynthia
2019 Chevy Silverado RST 1500, 5.3L
sjnuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:46 AM   #71

Trailer: 2020 21C
Congrats to you both! Enjoy following your dreams, retirement is a great adventure! Thanks for making our dreams come true with our Escape Trailers.
nrthwds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:08 AM   #72

Trailer: 2012 Escape 15 A
Quote:
Originally Posted by reace View Post

Reace and Tammy
Sounds wonderful, lots of exciting times ahead. What are the chances we'll see you at the next Escape Rally ?
Old 08-14-2019, 09:10 AM   #73

Trailer: 2018 21 Sept 7 2018
LOL overhead movie of Escape rally.
Oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:04 AM   #74

Trailer: 2017 5.0TA SOLD
Congrats, a well deserved and obviously anticipated retirement.
padamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:38 AM   #75

Trailer: April 2016 21' "Ramble On"
Friends and family thought we were nuts when we purchased our E21 in 2016..... Why aren't you buying local? Why do you have to drive all the way to Canada? How come it costs so much since its not very big and doesn't have slides?

On pickup day Reace did our orientation, Tammy did our paperwork and Tammy's Dad delivered our trailer to Bob's Burgers in Sumas. We love our trailer and the adventures we are having. No regrets at all.

Congrats on your retirement and the great company you built! Best of luck.
Old 08-14-2019, 11:01 AM   #76

Trailer: 2018 ESCAPE19
Congratulations for building a great company. We were very fortunate to get this trailer with your support. I am glad for you.
Tam2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 11:12 AM   #77

Trailer: 2019 5.0TA "Junior", 2019 Ram 1500 5.7 Hemi
I'm out working on a project today and heard a helicopter swooping overhead...now every time I hear a helicopter I'll think of Reace!
Old 08-14-2019, 02:59 PM   #78

Trailer: 2015 5.0 TA
Congratulation, fair winds and following seas. Thank you for helping with the fun we have had for the past 8 years.
Old 08-14-2019, 04:09 PM   #79

Trailer: 2008 17B Escape
I live in Chilliwack and just heard one overhead---I was thinking of him and practice time!!!!
Old 08-14-2019, 04:46 PM   #80

Trailer: 2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA
I can see it now.

Reace and I being newly retired were looking for something to do so Reace took up helicopter lessons. After gaining his licence Reace started landing the helicopter in our back yard after his daily flights and soon we had people knocking on the door asking if we did helicopter tours. Reace and I looked at each other and said, "How hard can it be?". And so, Escape Helicopter Tours was born. We started with one small helicopter based out of an old chicken barn on the outskirts of Abbotsford Airport ...................

2012 Escape "Classic" 5.0 SA / 2017 F150, 2.7 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercab
Former trailers: 2005 Escape 17B / 1972 Boler 13'
barry is offline   Reply With Quote