Favorite camp table? - Page 2 - Escape Trailer Owners Community
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2020, 10:50 AM   #21

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
My platform is either 20" or 24" tall. I'll have to measure and see if Iowa Dave's legs will dangle while sitting.........
Old 06-27-2020, 10:50 AM   #22

Trailer: 2013 - 19
i have an Alps Mountaineering Dining Table. It’s light at 10lbs and the top rolls up. We tend to only set it up if there isn’t a picnic table. Looks similar to the Lee Valley one.
Pembyescape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 11:10 AM   #23
Bea

Trailer: 2019 Escape 21
When our boys were young we had the plastic version of this folding table:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BJ1ZQL9/ref=dp_cerb_1

Very handy. Our plastic table back then grew up into our now wooden version:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GT46VAO/ref=emc_b_5_i

Love it. It came unfinished so a good coat of marine varnish did wonders. Fits nicely under the trailer awning or wherever with a beach umbrella. Particularly useful when some campsite picnic tables are delapitated, poorly located or non existent. Only 21 lbs and sits 4 average sized adults ok, but normally it's just DH and I so even better. We also carry a small aluminum table for the BBQ and an end table like the one John in Santa Cruz posted. -Bea
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 11:56 AM   #24

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander
Dangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
My platform is either 20" or 24" tall. I'll have to measure and see if Iowa Dave's legs will dangle while sitting.........
Are you kidding? My inseam isn’t much more than 24 inches. My legs would dangle when i set on the Escape step. I’m afraid to set at a high table in a restaurant, gives me vertigo. Always a booth. (Facing the door)
Iowa Dave
Old 06-27-2020, 12:09 PM   #25
Site Team

Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post
John, thanks for your input. From the photos, it didn’t appear that the legs were telescoping...but maybe they do. This appears to be quite sturdy...perfect for an outdoor setup whilst camping longer in one location. We can put our little gas grill and Instapot on it.
the small tables, you can setup the 'X' legs at 3-4 different angles. the buffet table, yeah, the legs telescope and lock in 3-4 different positions.
John in Santa Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 01:50 PM   #26

Trailer: 2017 Escape 21C, 2018 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I bought one like this from Lee Valley Hardware. One leg telescopes so the table can always be leveled. All aluminum, rolls up and fits in a bag. Seems like it was right at $50. Love the fact they now have a US distribution center.
I have a similar all aluminum table I purchased at K B Tools in Quartzsite, AZ. Quite sturdy & folds/rolls to a fairly compact size.
Old 06-27-2020, 01:56 PM   #27

Trailer: 2015 Escape 17A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artlady View Post
Thanks, Steve. Until Donna listed her table, and now you, I wasn’t aware of the roll-up tables. It’s great that they’re so compact and light! It appears that your table has telescoping legs for varying heights as well, which would serve many purposes.

We've got an 80 year old version of the wooden roll-up table. It's 24 inch square, but has served our family very well, mostly for cooking at the camp stove.
dfandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 06:27 PM   #28

Trailer: 2013 Escape 21 Classic Number 6, pulled by 2018 Toyota Highlander

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfandrews View Post
We've got an 80 year old version of the wooden roll-up table. It's 24 inch square, but has served our family very well, mostly for cooking at the camp stove.
I like using good vintage equipment and tools but you’ve got me beat with your 80 year old table. If I am going to be in the west in the summer I always have an ax, bucket and shovel.
My ax is about 50 and my shovel an entrenchment tool from the Korean War stamped 1954. Apparently replacements from the war it’s an AMES tool . So 66 years is
The best I can do unless it’s a personal pocket or sheath knife , I have a couple from the late 30’s. Keep using the old stuff, they don’t make them like that anymore.
Iowa Dave
Old 06-27-2020, 07:29 PM   #29

Trailer: Escape#5 2022 E19
Yes, I still have my first pellet rifle, a Crosman 22 pump, I got when I was 9 years old, so that is 65 years old. But I also have my Dad's Craftsman drill, model #1 as well as an antique hand drill, both are older than myself.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0890.jpg   IMG_0891.jpg   IMG_0892.jpg  
Old 06-28-2020, 09:37 AM   #30

Location: Lanesboro, MN, between Whalan and Fountain, Minnesota
Trailer: 2016 Bigfoot 25RQ - (2018 Escape 5.0 sold)

We've seen this table at numerous campgrounds and own one ourselves. It adjusts to three different heights. It can sit underneath our outside shower with the spigot for washing dishes, but mainly by the picnic table to hold excess items. We did not have a table installed in our u-shape dinette, and don't miss it, but for those rare times, it fits perfectly in the dinette. When not in use it stores easily underneath the second step in our 5.0.

Enjoy,

Perry
Old 06-28-2020, 11:05 AM   #31

Trailer: "SOJOURNER" a 2019 17B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perryb67 View Post

We've seen this table at numerous campgrounds and own one ourselves. It adjusts to three different heights. It can sit underneath our outside shower with the spigot for washing dishes, but mainly by the picnic table to hold excess items. We did not have a table installed in our u-shape dinette, and don't miss it, but for those rare times, it fits perfectly in the dinette. When not in use it stores easily underneath the second step in our 5.0.

Enjoy,

Perry
I bought and use the same table. While traveling, it sits nicely on the front bed of my 17B.

Life is a journey, not a destination. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
brightday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 11:58 AM   #32

Trailer: 2018 Escape 17A double dinette
artlady, you might look at roll a table, the guy started his own business a while ago. his stuff is a favorite of river runners. the table can be purchases with legs that adjust individually which is also handy for unlevel sites. it also has as an accessory a mesh hanger that fits underneath and is handy for pots and pans etc. edited to add link https://www.camptime.com
Old 06-28-2020, 12:01 PM   #33

Trailer: 2020 Escape 21NE
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
We have a 2 ft wide X 4 ft long portable collapsible table ( Plastic Top — Telescoping Legs )
Purchased on sale at Menards for $17.99
Don’t know the weight / Does all we need it to do .
Basically used as an outdoor counter for cooking group breakfasts.
We have the same one. Probably weights 10-12 pounds. Not lightweight but very sturdy & strong.

I think we got it at Menard's too. This is the closest thing I could find on Amazon:
https://smile.amazon.com/Lifetime-80...363515&sr=8-37
Old 06-28-2020, 03:38 PM   #34

Trailer: 21’ 2020
So many table choices!

What an array of different tables. So many different functions as well!

Bea, the portable picnic table is a great idea, especially when as you say, campsite picnic tables could be either nonexistent or broken down. However, that table combo might be a bit too bulky and heavy for me to maneuver. But it certainly has utility, and others may find this product extremely useful!

It looks like the “X“ table configuration or that type of plastic topped table is quite popular! John, Perry, Ava, and Meandering, thank you for the recommendations! This may be a very good choice for when we set up that outdoor room I’m thinking about. We’ll have some larger cooking items that would most likely do well finding a “home” on this table. This one appears to be quite sturdy.

Several of you have posted many versions of the roll-up table; constructed from wood, plastic, aluminum, etc. H20wmn, I appreciate your input as well as the link. This gentleman has some unique and multi-functional items in his store. This table has some creative features, like the hammock, to keep cookware and dishes so accessible. So, this table has to be in the running as well!

Don, Dave, and Jim- Isn’t it wonderful to have items that are still quite functional and perhaps were handed down through the family? That 80-year old roll-up table sounds like it was very well-made!. And, y’all probably still have some (hopefully) good memories that come along with these items.

Along those lines, my DH has his grandfather’s old metal fishing tackle box. Amazingly, some of the original and hand-tied lures are still in there! He used it in Scouts, and still uses it! ‘Not only functional, but extremely well-made. It also comes with some incredible fish stories, as you can imagine. 🤣

Thanks to everyone who posted their tables, pantries, and other items or tools. Your comments, links and advice are extremely helpful to my DH and me. I’m sure that others here on the forum appreciate this as well!

Have a great remainder of the day!
Artlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 01:22 PM   #35

Trailer: 2012 E19
I have a table like the one Perry showed. Mine is the "Lifetime" brand. I like it. Unfortunately they appear to be out of stock everywhere at the moment. But Aldi has carried a similar table (if you have an Aldi store near you).
Mike G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 01:44 PM   #36

Trailer: 2013 19' & 2013 15B
I bought the Lee Valley table (same as the one Donna referenced) back in 2013 and have found it to be pretty decent quality and it has stood up well to quite a lot of use.

I bought one of these from MEC a couple years ago and found the quality to be exceptional (better then that of the Lee Valley table). I would not hesitate to recommend the MEC table to others.

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it." - 1907, Maurice Switzer
Dave Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:27 PM   #37

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I bought one like this from Lee Valley Hardware. One leg telescopes so the table can always be leveled. All aluminum, rolls up and fits in a bag. Seems like it was right at $50. Love the fact they now have a US distribution center.
I searched all over the US Lee Valley website... could not find it

anyone have a link to a similar (or the same) table where one side of the legs is adjustable? It seems no camp site is level, ever

dont want stuff sliding off the stove. (metal of some sort is best, as the stove bottom gets hot)

thx
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 04:40 PM   #38

Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B 2020 Toyota Highlander XLE
I have the Lee Valley table too. It is a seasonal item. I got two of them in early spring a few years ago. They run out of stock quickly.
Old 06-29-2020, 04:43 PM   #39

Trailer: 2018 Escape 21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meandering Minstrel View Post
We have the same one. Probably weights 10-12 pounds. Not lightweight but very sturdy & strong.

I think we got it at Menard's too. This is the closest thing I could find on Amazon:
https://smile.amazon.com/Lifetime-80...363515&sr=8-37
That’s it , we just have its smaller cousin . I didn’t buy ours cause it was lightweight but because it was the size we needed , was strong / sturdy ,and was on sale for 50% off
We’ve used it the last 2 years for cooking / serving breakfast at the Mississippi River Rally.

“Hoping to make it #3 this Fall !!”
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:36 PM   #40

Trailer: 2017-21' Escape (sold) Casita 17' (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Walter View Post
I bought the Lee Valley table (same as the one Donna referenced) back in 2013 and have found it to be pretty decent quality and it has stood up well to quite a lot of use.

I bought one of these from MEC a couple years ago and found the quality to be exceptional (better then that of the Lee Valley table). I would not hesitate to recommend the MEC table to others.

Hey Dave - thanks so much for posting about the MEC table. Looks AWESOME.

A heads up for everyone - it comes in both a "regular" size and also an XL size.
The regular one will fit our setup, and needs, better.

I ordered it today.... (yes, I am a member of MEC.... well worth it for $5 for a lifetime membership)

...and it was $19 for shipping from Canada to USA. However the exchange rate is in my favor, of course.

i am hoping it gets thru the border without taxes and duty. fingers crossed. Only the table in the order, so that is in my favor.

I am stoked about the ability to 4 way level. Will be a godsend, always.
Losangeles is offline   Reply With Quote